**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Bruh. What is This?

StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
I normally don’t comment or make posts about deals, but seriously. What is this?

There is literally nothing of value in this deal. 3K units for 800 units of Cavalier Crystals? The other stuff is terrible value too, but this one is just baffling. Who approved this?
Seriously.
Who said, “Hey, you know what we should put in the 3K selector? 4 Cav Crystals.”
Like. Why? How?

Comments

• Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★

Great value...
  • Options
    Well if you have no units for Black Friday you to buy units for Black Friday. Big brain moves from Kabam.
  • Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    Definitely in the top 5 for worst deals of the year.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,026 ★★★★★

Arsoz said:

You dont have to buy it so its not a big deal

I know, I almost never buy these deals, but this is just baffling bad. Normally the milking offers are better than this.
    When you look what what the current going rate is for this stuff, 3k units is about what it is.

The 10% T5CC selector offer we just had was $50.

4 cavs are 800 units which is $30 for 850 units.

2 T2A is anywhere between $30-50 depending on the deal.

It's totally not worth it especially with BF and CM deals coming up. We'll get more than that plus those days. They have to try and see what sticks. This deal might be great for someone who's right on the cusp of a R3.

Again, with what's coming, it's not worth buying for sure.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    HI_guys said:

People might not feel it's worth it to them personally, but the value of what you get is there.

Man, your sarcasm is cut so dry people don't catch it easily.
    I wasn't being sarcastic. The value of what's included definitely adds up to the price. There's always a great deal of subjective interpretation with these Offers. What people think they should be worth. However, the in-game value based on the current availability is usually something different. We might set our own value based on what we are willing to spend, but Kabam sets the value of what it's actually worth based on how available they want to make it. Even then, that's not a completely elective process. It corresponds to the current value in the game based on rarity, how much is offered, etc. These things are balanced. If you look at the value of what's included, within the game as it is now, it's a deal.
  • Options
    GreanGrean Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

I normally don’t comment or make posts about deals, but seriously. What is this?

There is literally nothing of value in this deal. 3K units for 800 units of Cavalier Crystals? The other stuff is terrible value too, but this one is just baffling. Who approved this?
    Seriously.
    Who said, “Hey, you know what we should put in the 3K selector? 4 Cav Crystals.”
    Like. Why? How?

You must be new to the game
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

HI_guys said:

People might not feel it's worth it to them personally, but the value of what you get is there.

I wasn't being sarcastic. The value of what's included definitely adds up to the price. There's always a great deal of subjective interpretation with these Offers. What people think they should be worth. However, the in-game value based on the current availability is usually something different. We might set our own value based on what we are willing to spend, but Kabam sets the value of what it's actually worth based on how available they want to make it. Even then, that's not a completely elective process. It corresponds to the current value in the game based on rarity, how much is offered, etc. These things are balanced. If you look at the value of what's included, within the game as it is now, it's a deal.
    So you’re saying that 4 Cav Crystals for 3K units is the correct value even though you can buy 4 Cavs regularly for 800 units?
    hes trying to say that even though (for example, dont actually know value) 2 t2a are worth 20$, someone could need them right now so they buy the offer since it has the 2 t2a as well as some other items
  • Options

HI_guys said:

So you’re saying that 4 Cav Crystals for 3K units is the correct value even though you can buy 4 Cavs regularly for 800 units?
    The 4 Crystals are one option, from one Selector. There are 3, all of which have more than one option.
  • Options

HI_guys said:

As usual @GroundedWisdom is wrong in his analysis, but it's not just 4 cavs. You get all 3 selectors. So the other 2200 units is for the t5c selector and the shard selector. It's still a terrible value though.
    I didn't say anything about the Crystals.
  • Options
    Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 381 ★★

• Options
    The T5CCs alone are significant for someone who is trying to get to Thronebreaker. Perhaps not for people who are there. 5% Selector or 10% of a random makes a difference.
  • Options
    I wouldn't buy this thing so close to Cyber weekend, but in its defense it is a unit offer not a cash offer, and unit offers have to be looked differently because many players can easily earn that many units relatively quickly, and lets face it many people are going to whale out on Cyber weekend and thus they will have plenty of units from cash purchases to also buy all the unit offers. Those guys don't have to save units for Cyber weekend, and for them this offer might be a reasonable use of units.

I'm saving units for cyber weekend so I'm not going to get this, but to be candid if I knew I was going to whale out on cyber weekend I would buy it and take the T2A, 6* shards, and 10% T5CC. I think it is worth it if you're an arena grinder and have the units to spare.

I will say if you're a Cav player and a) not going to whale out on buying unit packs on Cyber Weekend and b) not a major milestone arena grinder that produces units easily, I'd recommend refraining. This is a sucker bet before Cyber weekend, unless you are overflowing with units.
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

I wouldn't buy this thing so close to Cyber weekend, but in its defense it is a unit offer not a cash offer, and unit offers have to be looked differently because many players can easily earn that many units relatively quickly, and lets face it many people are going to whale out on Cyber weekend and thus they will have plenty of units from cash purchases to also buy all the unit offers. Those guys don't have to save units for Cyber weekend, and for them this offer might be a reasonable use of units.

I'm saving units for cyber weekend so I'm not going to get this, but to be candid if I knew I was going to whale out on cyber weekend I would buy it and take the T2A, 6* shards, and 10% T5CC. I think it is worth it if you're an arena grinder and have the units to spare.

I will say if you're a Cav player and a) not going to whale out on buying unit packs on Cyber Weekend and b) not a major milestone arena grinder that produces units easily, I'd recommend refraining. This is a sucker bet before Cyber weekend, unless you are overflowing with units.

especially if you have like 3.8k units and know you cant make it to 5k, might as well grind for this today then get the 1k unit offer on black friday
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    If I had like 30k units saved up I’d definitely get this offer. It has value in the T2A and T5CC. 6* shards as a bonus is nice too.
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

The unit offers are almost always trash. Kabam can’t have their F2P players having access to good offers... only the spenders

The unit offers tend to have less value than the cash offers because of course they do: they don't generate revenue for the game, and you can get units for free. However, the best offer I'm getting these days is a unit offer: the Cavalier first completion offer which I think is the best unit offer you can get outside of the Big Two offers at July 4 and Cyber weekend.

Also, the amount of unit currency you can earn in this game and what you can buy with it is actually among the highest relative value of any micro-transaction supported game I've ever played. I don't know where these games are that people are comparing MCOC to unfavorably, or for that matter why those people aren't still playing those games.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

War_Bird said:

The unit offers are almost always trash. Kabam can’t have their F2P players having access to good offers... only the spenders

The unit offers tend to have less value than the cash offers because of course they do: they don't generate revenue for the game, and you can get units for free. However, the best offer I'm getting these days is a unit offer: the Cavalier first completion offer which I think is the best unit offer you can get outside of the Big Two offers at July 4 and Cyber weekend.

Also, the amount of unit currency you can earn in this game and what you can buy with it is actually among the highest relative value of any micro-transaction supported game I've ever played. I don't know where these games are that people are comparing MCOC to unfavorably, or for that matter why those people aren't still playing those games.
    It’s pretty insane how many units you can get in a month just by grinding the five star featured arena. That’s pretty much the only arena I do nowadays and I still pull in around 2K-3K units a month.