**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

(Hypothetical) Pick a free 6 Star R3 Sig 200 Champion! (With a catch)

Comments

• Ely_20Ely_20 Posts: 83
    Claire Voyant because Claire. ;)
  • Uncle_Fatty_247Uncle_Fatty_247 Posts: 347 ★★
    DPX, for the story.
  • Woody15Woody15 Posts: 544 ★★★
    Thor (Ragnarok)
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Most ppl have forgotten Sasquatch so I'd take him
  • crossshattercrossshatter Posts: 249
    Dragon man or air walker
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    edited November 2020
    Gambit, good prestige good champ, but not at the tier that would make tons go for him for either
  • JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Disclaimer: This is a hypothetical scenario

You receive a message in your in-game inbox from Kabam. They are running an experiment where 500 players are each given their choice of a 6 star R3 Sig 200 champion, BUT if you choose the same champion as 5 or more people (including yourself) you get nothing. Additionally you may only choose a champion that is/has been available as a 6 star at some point. (Sorry, no 6 star Scarlet Witch. Try again in early June).

So what champion do you choose? Do you go for one of the best, like Doctor Doom or Ghost, thinking the reward is worth the risk? Do you go for a reasonably good, but not overly popular character that you enjoy? Would you pick a totally outdated character and hope for an overhaul? Leave your comments down below!

Easy. I get Guilotine. I love her and she is a solid champ . I assume she is a six star
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Ghost. Ill take my chances :#
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    I'll pick Venom, lots will already have him, including me...but it'll save me a t5cc.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Civil Warrior. Super cool and usable-ish. Hopefully on the tune up shortlist
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Posts: 172 ★★
    Ms marvel. She was my first 4* And got me through a lot of content. It would be fun Having a reason to play her again
  • Apocalypse. I really like his play style and animations
  • ImGodMFImGodMF Posts: 459 ★★★
    Straight up StarLord
  • Tiger360Tiger360 Posts: 1,696 ★★★★
    Wasp since I’d run her with ghost all the time or Iron Fist and pray for a decent buff
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Id go for Doc ock
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Longshot, he's fun to play
  • A_NAZA_NAZ Posts: 713 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Cap iw. If 4 or more others picked him, I’d find them and scrap them for him. Then when I lose each fight I’d get back up and do it again...all day...until they pick another champ
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    Hello everyone, this thread has been getting a lot of attention and it's got me curious about what would actually happen if Kabam were to do what @Doctor_Strange19 was hypothetically suggesting. So, I thought we could do the next best thing. Let me know in the survey below what 6* R3, Sig 200 champ you would take. But if 4 other people choose that champ, none of you get it.
    http://www.survey-maker.com/QSNUHJN1R

I don't have a specific time set where I'll release the results, so I figure I'll shut it down when the votes start dwindling and find out who would and who wouldn't get their desired champ.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I’d go wasp
  • PiviotPiviot Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    Storm(first one)

Or magik
  • I'd go with Jane Foster - it would be entirely free, no one else would pick her, and I would be very happy.
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,763 ★★★★★

I'd go with Jane Foster - it would be entirely free, no one else would pick her, and I would be very happy.

Bro. Where is that DD Flix spotlight.
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★
    Colossus. Really good but forgotten.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    naikavon said:

are you having a giggle mate?
  • Hmm interesting. Everyone avoids the best of the best, thinking people would go for them. But if everyone has this mentality, then the top options would be free, correct? Wrong! That same mentality would also make people go for those top options.

Buuuut, if that makes players go for the best options, then those options aren't free. So if those options are perceived to not be free by everyone, then they would be free. Buuut if they're thought to be free, them they aren't free.

Some people will pick the best options because they didn't read the instructions carefully. Enough of these exist to knock out all the top options.

Some people will assume the top options will get knocked out and try to pick the worst options to avoid them. Enough people will do this to knock those out as well.

Some people will realize that both the top and the bottom are likely to snag a lot of votes, and go looking for something that is neither. But these kinds of people are unlikely to all gravitate to the same champ, so they are likely to distribute themselves randomly among these. Random chance will knock out some of these, and leave some completely unchosen. A few will have the requisite small number of votes.

The best strategy might be to make a list of all the champs, cross out all the top performers, cross out all of the notably bad performers, then cross out all the ones with decent name recognition. Then throw a dart at whatever is left, and pick the champ the dart hits. This choice is guaranteed to be a choice not influenced by any of your biases, and thus it is impossible you might subconsciously gravitate to a champ a lot of like-minded people will also pick.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Hmm interesting. Everyone avoids the best of the best, thinking people would go for them. But if everyone has this mentality, then the top options would be free, correct? Wrong! That same mentality would also make people go for those top options.

Buuuut, if that makes players go for the best options, then those options aren't free. So if those options are perceived to not be free by everyone, then they would be free. Buuut if they're thought to be free, them they aren't free.

Some people will pick the best options because they didn't read the instructions carefully. Enough of these exist to knock out all the top options.

Some people will assume the top options will get knocked out and try to pick the worst options to avoid them. Enough people will do this to knock those out as well.

Some people will realize that both the top and the bottom are likely to snag a lot of votes, and go looking for something that is neither. But these kinds of people are unlikely to all gravitate to the same champ, so they are likely to distribute themselves randomly among these. Random chance will knock out some of these, and leave some completely unchosen. A few will have the requisite small number of votes.

The best strategy might be to make a list of all the champs, cross out all the top performers, cross out all of the notably bad performers, then cross out all the ones with decent name recognition. Then throw a dart at whatever is left, and pick the champ the dart hits. This choice is guaranteed to be a choice not influenced by any of your biases, and thus it is impossible you might subconsciously gravitate to a champ a lot of like-minded people will also pick.
    I wouldn't use a dart either. What if you subconsciously look at a champ and aim at it? And who would decide what champs have name recognition? Clearly, the best way is to use oracle bones
  • naikavonnaikavon Posts: 298 ★★★

naikavon said:

are you having a giggle mate?
    Why yes. Yes I am. 🤣