**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Variant 3 Kang

RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
edited November 2020 in Strategy and Tips
Who works for this Kang? My team attached. For the rest of the quests I’ve been boosting and using my Guilly built up. The fights were around 200 hits. Idk which path to take also. I’ve used less than 100 units a quest.

Short: please help with Kang and which path to take.

Comments

• Options
    Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    I used Sentinel and took the crumbling armour path, but there's a havok that i think i used Havok for.
    Sentinel's great for Kang though. Build up to 100 analysis charges and use sp2. He also has an unstoppable heavy that applies shock.
  • Options
    Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    Elsa has incinerates so she should work,also archangel can work since when you put a neurotoxin on the opponent you passively heal block them(when he's awakened that is) so there's that. Also sentinel if you get his charges to 100 can have access to both shock and incinerates so it's a matter of timing.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Sentinel is meant to fight him.

But you can stick to Guillotine 2099 if you like (100% V3). Did all the paths with my 5* R5 Guillotine 2099 ... around 400-500 Combo to outdamage the healing.
  • Options

Elsa has incinerates so she should work,also archangel can work since when you put a neurotoxin on the opponent you passively heal block them(when he's awakened that is) so there's that. Also sentinel if you get his charges to 100 can have access to both shock and incinerates so it's a matter of timing.

Did you ever play this Quest? I don‘t think so. Sorry, but can’t agree to your advices. Everyone who isn‘t Tech is nerfed hard in Variant 3. They all hit like a wet noodle. Well, except the absolute Damage Gods like Doom/Havok maybe.

As you can see in the screenshot, he got „Picture of Health“ ... he‘s fully immune against any kind of Healblock or Heal Reduction (poison) or Void or anything else.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Sentinel for kang. Just time the heavy shocks and sp2 incinerates according to the timer.
    I took the recharge path during my completion run. Though I would not recommend it as you don't have any burst sp champs aside sentinel and you should save sentinel for the boss. Take the path in which guillotine will be helpful.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Did you ever play this Quest? I don‘t think so. Sorry, but can’t agree to your advices. Everyone who isn‘t Tech is nerfed hard in Variant 3. They all hit like a wet noodle. Well, except the absolute Damage Gods like Doom/Havok maybe.

As you can see in the screenshot, he got „Picture of Health“ ... he‘s fully immune against any kind of Healblock or Heal Reduction (poison) or Void or anything else.
    Did you ever play this Quest? I don't think so. Sorry but can't agree to your advices.

My 4* nick can solo fights without much trouble.

Passive healblocks like AA and Warlock will still work
    Passives don‘t work vs Immunity. Doom‘s passive Stun does not work vs Stun immune Champs.

As I said before, I did this Quest 100% (mostly with Guillotine, but for a few enemies I‘ve used non Tech counters as well). And while the enemies are no real problem, the node will still reduce your damage by 50% if it‘s not Tech. I did fight those 50%/90% reduction nodes with the wrong class ... and trust me, needing 30 min for every fight is no fun (speaking about 5* R5 ... don‘t wanna even think about using 4*).

While it‘s of course possible and easy to beat it with 4* Fury and others, it will take a huge amount of time. The reason people hate Cavalier EQ, very time consuming (not hard).

• Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Sentinel is meant to fight him.

But you can stick to Guillotine 2099 if you like (100% V3). Did all the paths with my 5* R5 Guillotine 2099 ... around 400-500 Combo to outdamage the healing.

Really? Mine did it in less than 200 hits or so.
  • Options
    But yeah, I did that Kang with my rank 5 Ghost at the time. Suicides+power boost.

My Guilly was rank 4 5* at the time, and was very capable of soloing the fight each time. But there was so much lag at that time that I kept dying to Kang's SP 1 because the game wouldn't register my freaking dash back at times.
  • Options
    LyingninjaLyingninja Posts: 182
    Man just beat it with sentinel....you have one of the best boss counters for this quest
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

i'm sorry but you are wrong here, passive heal block works against this kang, i used warlock and he worked perfectly ^_^

to OP: sentinel is your best choice for the boss, shock on heavy and incinerate on SP2 will prevent the regen. I took the combo party lane when i did completion, but I don't know if it's the easier for you though ^_^
  • Options

WOLF_LINK said:

i'm sorry but you are wrong here, passive heal block works against this kang, i used warlock and he worked perfectly ^_^

to OP: sentinel is your best choice for the boss, shock on heavy and incinerate on SP2 will prevent the regen. I took the combo party lane when i did completion, but I don't know if it's the easier for you though ^_^
    Yeah warlock works for this fight. And @Kill_Grey tell op the path which can be done by guillotine 2099 alone.
  • Options
    @Kill_Grey
    Was digging in my Screenshot folder to find some of the proofs from back then. Guillo with her Combo Shields (Heavy) and self heal can easily tank a few of his SP 1‘s if you are failing during this 10 min fight without loosing Combo. But yeah, with Suicides and without Boost you can ramp her up to 500+ ... with Boosts you can finish in 350+ Hits tho.

• Options

WOLF_LINK said:

Yeah warlock works for this fight. And @Kill_Grey tell op the path which can be done by guillotine 2099 alone.
    Well, if you are skilled, you can 100% the whole Variant with Guillotine 2099 ... a few minor fights might be easier with perfect counters and Sentinel is a Boss there for every fight, but Guillo can do it.
    (Guillo appreciation thread?)
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

WOLF_LINK said:

Well, if you are skilled, you can 100% the whole Variant with Guillotine 2099 ... a few minor fights might be easier with perfect counters and Sentinel is a Boss there for every fight, but Guillo can do it.
    (Guillo appreciation thread?)
    No appreciation thread. There are already many. But tell him the path where there is no problematic fight for guillotine 2099.
  • Options

WOLF_LINK said:

He can take the path that ends with Havok.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

@Kill_Grey
    Was digging in my Screenshot folder to find some of the proofs from back then. Guillo with her Combo Shields (Heavy) and self heal can easily tank a few of his SP 1‘s if you are failing during this 10 min fight without loosing Combo. But yeah, with Suicides and without Boost you can ramp her up to 500+ ... with Boosts you can finish in 350+ Hits tho.

Man, I wish I had a screenshot to show you, but I've really done it in about 273 total hits (started with 100 combo, so it's actually just 173 hits, I believe)
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

WOLF_LINK said:

@Kill_Grey

Man, I wish I had a screenshot to show you, but I've really done it in about 273 total hits (started with 100 combo, so it's actually just 173 hits, I believe)
    Were you able to healblock him with Guillo‘s SP 2? For the extra Challenge I didn‘t use SP‘s.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

Kill_Grey said:

WOLF_LINK said:

@Kill_Grey

Were you able to healblock him with Guillo‘s SP 2? For the extra Challenge I didn‘t use SP‘s.
    The Spectre doesn't apply because of the node, but I used SP 2 to ramp up her combo either way.