Options

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

1101113151641

Comments

  • Options
    Q_24Q_24 Posts: 17
    Bucky_C said:

    Cav status is no longer relevant in the eyes of the @Kabam Miike--god... Y should they want cav players to advance when there r more players in the game who are below cav status than above... It's bs to the players on the cusps of greatness but only another dollar sign for @Kabam Miike and those who want us, those who have spent a pretty penny, to swallow the jagged little pill and keep tapping on our devices...

    Some bs.

    Thanks for using **** @Kabam Miike

    I just think they overplayed their hand. Let’s see the numbers tho. The market speaks. Maybe this was a giant success for them
  • Options
    Q_24Q_24 Posts: 17

    Don't worry, guys. They'll announce an, "Upgrade", to the same deal we got in July, and people will buy it right up like it wasn't their plan all along.

    Maybe. If that’s the case I may spend a couple bucks. But the initial excitement I got when it turned 10 am pst will have came and went. It would have to be an insane “fix” for me to spend anywhere close to what I was planning on spending
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,334 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    DrZola said:



    How did I know this would come? Lol.

    @GroundedWisdom genuinely interested to hear what you think but correct me if I'm wrong.. you're not cav yet?
    I am.
    The Deals are pretty bomb considering what you get for what you spend. Not sure why people are comparing them to July 4th. Two different ball games. What I think the real issue is, is that people expected them to get them to Thronebreaker, and that was an assumption.


    This would be a part of why people expected that. The language is more than just suggestive of that notion.

    It’s fine that TB get sweet deals. But it’s totally not fine that the team decides to dump on other progression tiers. Progression titles in game have always seemed ad hoc, uneven and in some respects, self-serving, and this type of offer stratification reinforces that idea.

    Dr. Zola
    The Email said THIS is your chance. As in do it in time for the Sale. Which is why that was sent out before it dropped. Why can we always predict that people are going to complain about these things? It's not because we assume they will. It's because people put in double-time developing all kinds of expectations. Expectations inevitably lead to disappointment. Assuming they would include the means to hit Thronebreaker was just an assumption. Let's detach and look at it logically. Let's say they do include it. Then we have a large pocket of people who are at Thronebreaker, and much sooner down the road, we need another progression separator. Look at the availability of T5CCs. They're not going to open the flood gates all in one day. That's insanity, at the very least from a design standpoint.
    First: You apparently look at the email as if it were a PSA. I look at it as if it were a promo piece intended to stoke demand for in-game stuff during one of the game’s biggest revenue events.

    There was an entire thread surrounding this particular email and how the offers would be stratified. The team knew there was concern about the offers in general (because there always is around BF offers), and there was ample opportunity for any member of the team to make the points you are making prior to Black Friday. They didn’t, to my knowledge.

    Second: This is a for-profit phone game, not the Olympics. I’m tired of people talking about titles as if they are sacrosanct or involve some sort of act by the Papacy. They are not and they do not. I would guess that progression titles were more or less ginned up to sell more stuff—stuff that gets sold everywhere anyway. Just last week, they sold 10% T5c selectors for $50 with a limit of 2. Anyone who has completed Act 6 and done all the Cavalier EQ content (but not Abyss) and has had even marginal luck is close to a single T5c and could have used one or more of those deals—without ever buying any other T5c deals—to form a full T5c. If you bought every single T5c selector offer, I suspect you might even be to form a full T5c without even doing any Cav EQ content or Abyss. With that in mind, it is hard for me to see how the TB/R3 requirement is anything more than arbitrary.

    Third: I had low to no expectations. And still I was disappointed. That’s quite an accomplishment.

    Dr. Zola
    So......people made an assumption and it was their fault? That about it?
    That IS the requirement. You can justify it however you like, but that's what's required for the Title. Those are the markers. The proverbial lines in the sand. In this case, those that have an R3 and have completed Act 6, and those that haven't. You might think it's arbitrary, but necessary it remains.
  • Options
    SnurrisSnurris Posts: 429 ★★★
    edited November 2020
    There is a quick fix for this. Just amp up the offers with some t5c and t5b and people will by like crazy.
    Those who have already bought the offers anyway, you know who they are and can send the same amount.
  • Options
    Q_24Q_24 Posts: 17

    annihilus said:

    Dude, your thread title is the first laugh I've had all day! Right there with you. Tequila makes me violent so I'm skipping straight to the weed.

    Thats what im spending my mcoc black friday money on too. At least my weed guy has good black friday deals
    Does he deliver????
  • Options
    That feeling when I'm Cavalier, look at today's offers and feel like I'm not even Uncollected...

    How are these offers supposed to be desirable to folks who have beat 6.1 but haven't gone any farther?
  • Options
    NukeNuke Posts: 67
    Terrible ‘deals’ any way you look at it. For the first time since I’ve started playing this game I am not spending a dime on this event. So disappointed and angry..
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,019 ★★★★★
    Bucky_C said:

    Cav status is no longer relevant in the eyes of the @Kabam Miike--god... Y should they want cav players to advance when there r more players in the game who are below cav status than above... It's bs to the players on the cusps of greatness but only another dollar sign for @Kabam Miike and those who want us, those who have spent a pretty penny, to swallow the jagged little pill and keep tapping on our devices...

    Some bs.

    Thanks for using **** @Kabam Miike

    The way your talking leads me to believe Miike has killed your family or something. Chill out my guy. Don't vent your anger on him he ain't done anything wrong. It's the marketing team that needs to hear this earful.
  • Options
    SwainbeatsSwainbeats Posts: 21
    Agreed. Should not have been that big of a difference when you’re spending the same amount of money. They could have given different purchase offers for units for throne breaker. Not cool Kabam. Most just don’t have a rank 3, 6 star.
  • Options
    UgnautUgnaut Posts: 46
    Please contact kabam and express your discontent, I did.
    **most importantly let them know with your Wallets but spending as little as possible. Cavalier players are the bulk of the players spending money, way more of us than thronebreakers and we need resources to rank up our 6*s

    http://kabam.force.com/PKB/KbContactUsForm
  • Options
    Q_24Q_24 Posts: 17

    That feeling when I'm Cavalier, look at today's offers and feel like I'm not even Uncollected...

    How are these offers supposed to be desirable to folks who have beat 6.1 but haven't gone any farther?

    I don’t think these offers reflect the progression levels of someone who’s trying to beat 6.2 let alone all of act 6
  • Options
    Ionian888Ionian888 Posts: 13
    I have grinded for 3 month like crazy in arenas Kabam, and for what? To get some bad deals?
    I wouldn’t expect that you can put something up so bad.. really disapointed..
    What is the idea behind offering less than 4th of July?
    Keep your head in the sand, don’t welcome comunnity’s feedback about these deals and move on, like you always do .
  • Options
    Q_24Q_24 Posts: 17

    Agreed. Should not have been that big of a difference when you’re spending the same amount of money. They could have given different purchase offers for units for throne breaker. Not cool Kabam. Most just don’t have a rank 3, 6 star.

    I completely expected the offers to be better for thronebreak
  • Options
    AinyAiny Posts: 251 ★★★
    I spent 20€ on KFC instead of spending money on the offers, no regrets!
  • Options
    Q_24Q_24 Posts: 17
    Ainy said:

    I spent 20€ on KFC instead of spending money on the offers, no regrets!

    I’m truly proud of you <3
  • Options
    AntoGreyAntoGrey Posts: 40
    Kabam has put on the same level an account who reached 6.4 with one who is at 6.1. That's the crazy thing. They could put at least 4500 TC5 selectors for who completed act6. I mean
    .. Kabam, we have completed act 6! Don't play us.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,334 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

    DrZola said:

    DrZola said:



    How did I know this would come? Lol.

    @GroundedWisdom genuinely interested to hear what you think but correct me if I'm wrong.. you're not cav yet?
    I am.
    The Deals are pretty bomb considering what you get for what you spend. Not sure why people are comparing them to July 4th. Two different ball games. What I think the real issue is, is that people expected them to get them to Thronebreaker, and that was an assumption.


    This would be a part of why people expected that. The language is more than just suggestive of that notion.

    It’s fine that TB get sweet deals. But it’s totally not fine that the team decides to dump on other progression tiers. Progression titles in game have always seemed ad hoc, uneven and in some respects, self-serving, and this type of offer stratification reinforces that idea.

    Dr. Zola
    The Email said THIS is your chance. As in do it in time for the Sale. Which is why that was sent out before it dropped. Why can we always predict that people are going to complain about these things? It's not because we assume they will. It's because people put in double-time developing all kinds of expectations. Expectations inevitably lead to disappointment. Assuming they would include the means to hit Thronebreaker was just an assumption. Let's detach and look at it logically. Let's say they do include it. Then we have a large pocket of people who are at Thronebreaker, and much sooner down the road, we need another progression separator. Look at the availability of T5CCs. They're not going to open the flood gates all in one day. That's insanity, at the very least from a design standpoint.
    First: You apparently look at the email as if it were a PSA. I look at it as if it were a promo piece intended to stoke demand for in-game stuff during one of the game’s biggest revenue events.

    There was an entire thread surrounding this particular email and how the offers would be stratified. The team knew there was concern about the offers in general (because there always is around BF offers), and there was ample opportunity for any member of the team to make the points you are making prior to Black Friday. They didn’t, to my knowledge.

    Second: This is a for-profit phone game, not the Olympics. I’m tired of people talking about titles as if they are sacrosanct or involve some sort of act by the Papacy. They are not and they do not. I would guess that progression titles were more or less ginned up to sell more stuff—stuff that gets sold everywhere anyway. Just last week, they sold 10% T5c selectors for $50 with a limit of 2. Anyone who has completed Act 6 and done all the Cavalier EQ content (but not Abyss) and has had even marginal luck is close to a single T5c and could have used one or more of those deals—without ever buying any other T5c deals—to form a full T5c. If you bought every single T5c selector offer, I suspect you might even be to form a full T5c without even doing any Cav EQ content or Abyss. With that in mind, it is hard for me to see how the TB/R3 requirement is anything more than arbitrary.

    Third: I had low to no expectations. And still I was disappointed. That’s quite an accomplishment.

    Dr. Zola
    So......people made an assumption and it was their fault? That about it?
    That IS the requirement. You can justify it however you like, but that's what's required for the Title. Those are the markers. The proverbial lines in the sand. In this case, those that have an R3 and have completed Act 6, and those that haven't. You might think it's arbitrary, but necessary it remains.
    Not sure how the point got lost, but I think we were talking about the offers and how they were promoted.

    My point is that not only did the team appear to suggest their offers would help progression, but that even the arguments made regarding the sanctity of progression titles are undermined by efforts to monetize them.

    I’m guessing from reactions to said offers—here and elsewhere—that I’m not alone in my interpretation.

    Dr. Zola
    Nowhere did they say the Offers would get people to Thronebreaker. That was an assumption people made.
This discussion has been closed.