**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Cyber Weekend Sales Feedback [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Texas_11 said:

I see the issue when people compare 4th of July deals. The confusion was Kabam made that offer to benefit top tier players now known as “ thronebreaker ” and cavalier players alike. That was the issue they were facing as a company. someone who just beat the collector were able to get the rewards as someone who just 100% abyss. As a result the rewards became inflated because they were targeting a large audience. Cavalier players got spoiled with rewards designs for two groups. All Kabam did was separate them.

The T5cc deals are not very relevant. They are small usually 4500 a pop, unless you have a steady flow coming in, it won’t make or break your account.

Kabam has made it clear they want to separate the players and I’m sure they did this because cavalier players were able to progress significantly faster then what they should have been, next thing you know , you have players beating act 6 with R3 champs. You see this happening in older content where people are going into act 6.1 and even 100% act 5 with 2-3 5/65 champs. Once they get to the level of a true thronebreaker, they don’t have the skills to complete it.

We saw this happen with the champion boss and players quit. In order to progress the struggling cavalier players they actually nerfed the content to push more players into higher tier progression.

I guess my point is , cavalier players benefited a ton from top tier players because Kabam bundled deals.

I think it is unwise to lump all Cav players in together. What you are suggesting is a type of coattails argument—that Cavs were mostly too unlucky, or too cheap or too “lazy” or just bought their way through and have been able to ride the coattails of the deserving go-getters until TB separated the wheat from the chaff—and now the non-TBs are just angry to be off the gravy train.

It’s a seductive line of reasoning, especially if you believe you are one of the deserving go-getters. I would suggest that the pool of deserving go-getters is far smaller than the pool of TBs.

Dr. Zola
    You are right . I shouldn’t have lumped them together. But people were expecting to drop max odins on the throne-breaker. I wouldn’t call it riding a coattail as much as just an inheritance of circumstances. I believe I am deserving go better as I have all the content done. I don’t believe that cavalier should benefit anymore until they stretch their roster out.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,247 ★★★★★
    Snizzbar said:

Snizzbar said:

What is the immediate and game changing effect of reaching Thronebreaker, and why exactly would it have been so terrible to have a flood of new TB summoners? Is there a secret quest with amazing account progressing rewards that I'm unaware of that is locked behind the title?

You really need me to outline the effects? Besides the fact that these things are meant for a certain amount of progress (Thronebreaker alone was originally meant for people with multiple R3s in Act 7), you have the same problem we saw with too many people lumped into the same demographic like UC to Cav. It puts strain on designing content to meet the needs of as many as possible. Not to mention the Rewards which bypass months and years of work developing their Accounts.
    What is the IMMEDIATE and GAME CHANGING effect of becoming Thronebreaker?
    What exactly are the 'Rewards which bypass months and years of work developing their Accounts'? And where are they hidden? In the TB daily crystals?
    One individual? Very little indeed. Too many people hitting it all at once? Quite large actually. There is an effect when people reach these things prematurely.
  • Options
    They're literally meaningful, difficult to obtain, and specific to content.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Texas_11 said:

DrZola said:

Texas_11 said:

I see the issue when people compare 4th of July deals. The confusion was Kabam made that offer to benefit top tier players now known as “ thronebreaker ” and cavalier players alike. That was the issue they were facing as a company. someone who just beat the collector were able to get the rewards as someone who just 100% abyss. As a result the rewards became inflated because they were targeting a large audience. Cavalier players got spoiled with rewards designs for two groups. All Kabam did was separate them.

The T5cc deals are not very relevant. They are small usually 4500 a pop, unless you have a steady flow coming in, it won’t make or break your account.

Kabam has made it clear they want to separate the players and I’m sure they did this because cavalier players were able to progress significantly faster then what they should have been, next thing you know , you have players beating act 6 with R3 champs. You see this happening in older content where people are going into act 6.1 and even 100% act 5 with 2-3 5/65 champs. Once they get to the level of a true thronebreaker, they don’t have the skills to complete it.

We saw this happen with the champion boss and players quit. In order to progress the struggling cavalier players they actually nerfed the content to push more players into higher tier progression.

I guess my point is , cavalier players benefited a ton from top tier players because Kabam bundled deals.

I think it is unwise to lump all Cav players in together. What you are suggesting is a type of coattails argument—that Cavs were mostly too unlucky, or too cheap or too “lazy” or just bought their way through and have been able to ride the coattails of the deserving go-getters until TB separated the wheat from the chaff—and now the non-TBs are just angry to be off the gravy train.

It’s a seductive line of reasoning, especially if you believe you are one of the deserving go-getters. I would suggest that the pool of deserving go-getters is far smaller than the pool of TBs.

Dr. Zola
    You are right . I shouldn’t have lumped them together. But people were expecting to drop max odins on the throne-breaker. I wouldn’t call it riding a coattail as much as just an inheritance of circumstances. I believe I am deserving go better as I have all the content done. I don’t believe that cavalier should benefit anymore until they stretch their roster out.
    This is what I can’t stand- a sense of entitlement and belief that they deserve more than others. Worry about yourself and your own progression, not what others do or get. I’ve never seen so many entitled people trying to tell other people what they do/don’t deserve.
    But you can have an opinion? Entitlement ? I earned them. Also, I think for the sake of the game it is important for players of all tiers to contribute.
  • Options
    DrZola said:

Meaningful: cf. Elder’s Bane

Difficult to obtain: some titles for some players, perhaps

Specific to content: champ rank requirements aren’t specific to content

Dr. Zola

Meaningful: If it didn't matter, do you think people would be here fighting for it?
    Difficult to obtain: Obvious.
    Specific to content: You not only need to complete Act 6, you also need to do sufficient content to get the Cat to Rank. By that time, you should at least have one Champ of that Class. The rest about Ranking only certain Champs is added on by selectiveness.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Texas_11 said:

Nix2222 said:

Texas_11 said:

DrZola said:

Texas_11 said:

Dr. Zola
    This is what I can’t stand- a sense of entitlement and belief that they deserve more than others. Worry about yourself and your own progression, not what others do or get. I’ve never seen so many entitled people trying to tell other people what they do/don’t deserve.
    But you can have an opinion? Entitlement ? I earned them. Also, I think for the sake of the game it is important for players of all tiers to contribute.
    Not saying you can’t have an opinion, just not sure why some people focus on other people’s progression. I never said people don’t deserve things, I love seeing others achieve milestones, you did by stating that others don’t deserve something until they broaden their rosters. That is the difference to me. So many people worried about what others get. That’s where the entitlement came in.
    You realize the whole reason this thread was started was bc a group of people were mad about what they got and worried about what other people got right?
  • Options
    Nix2222Nix2222 Posts: 121 ★★★

Nix2222 said:

Texas_11 said:

Nix2222 said:

Texas_11 said:

DrZola said:

Texas_11 said:

Dr. Zola
    Not saying you can’t have an opinion, just not sure why some people focus on other people’s progression. I never said people don’t deserve things, I love seeing others achieve milestones, you did by stating that others don’t deserve something until they broaden their rosters. That is the difference to me. So many people worried about what others get. That’s where the entitlement came in.
    You realize the whole reason this thread was started was bc a group of people were mad about what they got and worried about what other people got right?
    I think it was based on what people didn’t get, not what others did get.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    Nix2222 said:

Its just so absurd the different in offers, its just so hard to get around the fact that one smaller group pays $30 for a nexus and this other huge group pays $100 for the same thing when most have done the same content.

100% agree. If I were to try this with my business I’m pretty sure I’d be staring at a discrimination lawsuit.
    Yes, business that give discounts to certain customers due to memberships or frequent business get sued for discrimination all the time...
This discussion has been closed.