**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Dark hawk worth a tech ag

I’m uncollected, trying to complete act 5 and just pulled dark hawk as a 5*, I have a tech ag and 40 sig stones. Are they worth using on him (my only other 5* tech are vulture and yondu)

Comments

• CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    No, save for Guardian, Sentinel, Worlock, Ghost, Sparky, G99. I’d even argue that Mysterio and Pun99 are better than him.

He isn’t terrible, but barely breaks top 10 in Tech Class.
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    Absolutely, he was my first R4 5* and it was a gamechanger for me. Although he isn't the best tech champ, he needs the awakened ability more than any other.
  • IronFisterIronFister Posts: 46
    Well, 2 very different views, I’m confused
  • SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    Look at the agrees and disagrees. @Meebleton has 3 agrees and @Cliffordcan has 3 disagrees. So id go with Meebletons advice.
    Cheers, that makes sense
    @Fluffy_paws cheers for that, I’ll be putting all my sig stones into him and don’t mind investing in him but don’t think I’ll use night thrasher, is he still worth ranking up and awakening otherwise? That venom synergy doesn’t look too bad (and I use venom)
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

@Fluffy_paws cheers for that, I’ll be putting all my sig stones into him and don’t mind investing in him but don’t think I’ll use night thrasher, is he still worth ranking up and awakening otherwise? That venom synergy doesn’t look too bad (and I use venom)

Yeah he is. You just don't get a boost at the start, so it's slower because you have to build to sp2 or sp3. But it's not necessary. I just love Night Thrasher too and they pair very well together so I never went back to using them without the other.
    The Venom synergy sounds good yeah! Especially in his stealth mode! Even more power.
    See fluffy_paws post. He doesn’t need awakening unless you can get him to high Sig. so if you want to invest your next 200 sigs into him go ahead. But he won’t be great until high sig. Also he’s not great unless with a synergy (and also only 2/3rds of the time with that synergy as shield mode is lame to start in.)

While he can be versatile, and probably will help a bunch in Act 5, I don’t think you need to use an AG and a ton of stones to beat act 5. See how far you can get without awakening him and only do it if you are at a complete standstill.

There are many other Tech Champs that are better than him and will benefit a lot more from awakening and a few stones.
    Cheers guys, think I’ll rank up darkhawk, use him a bit more then awaken him (also in case I get someone who might benefit more from my next 5*
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★

Cheers guys, think I’ll rank up darkhawk, use him a bit more then awaken him (also in case I get someone who might benefit more from my next 5*

Fair enough.

Just to build on the first comment: Sentinel, Warlock and G99 don't really need their dupe though. I don't think Mysterio does either.. I have no experience with P2099 so can't say

If you get Ghost sure no question. Guardian is also best at max sig.
    🤷‍♀️

Fair enough.

Just to build on the first comment: Sentinel, Warlock and G99 don't really need their dupe though. I don't think Mysterio does either.. I have no experience with P2099 so can't say

If you get Ghost sure no question. Guardian is also best at max sig.
    🤷‍♀️
    Sentinel is way better at Sig 1. The analysis charges from specials help a ton.

Worlock is way better awakened and while doesn’t absolutely need it, is totally worth awakening him.

G99, Pun99 and Mysterio don’t really need it, just saying they are better champs all around than DH IMHO. And Pun99 and Mysterio are easily debatable on that point, but it just comes down to opinion there.