**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

The ai is Evolving

2»

Comments

• DigletGamingDigletGaming Posts: 849 ★★★★

I just want to comment here and say that the Punisher AI in duels successfully re-parried me. I was shocked.

I know that feeling
  • Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,515 ★★★★★
    Was fighting quake and lo and behold she was able to quake me for about 5 seconds.
    Saying I was shocked was an understatement.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I just want to comment here and say that the Punisher AI in duels successfully re-parried me. I was shocked.

Holy ****, that's my story as well! Was fighting in a duel or war or something, and all of a sudden the AI tried to reparry my light attack! Luckily, I was using Stealthy, so they weren't successful 😝.
  • JragonMaster170JragonMaster170 Posts: 2,043 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020

Very soon they will reparry us

Look at us now ↑
  • GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,161 ★★★★★
    AI is so smart. It holds block then entire fight and if i wanna charge heavy it instantly starts doing 5 hit combos

AI is so smart. It holds block then entire fight and if i wanna charge heavy it instantly starts doing 5 hit combos

This is like literally me in the Biohazard quest of cav EQ with Havok.
  • in aw the ai acts like the player that put their champ they so it is not evolving even though I'm doubting what I said
  • odishika123odishika123 Posts: 5,370 ★★★★★

in aw the ai acts like the player that put their champ they so it is not evolving even though I'm doubting what I said

It's going through something worse than evolving it's replicating and adapting
    His summoners most likely has quake thats why modok was so passive
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    HI_guys said:

Haji_Saab said:

Haji_Saab said:

If AI can be programmed to perform at 100, it is currently operating at 15. These instances are still down to a lucky dash back by AI.

Mysterio's Ai must be 150 because of all the heavies he throws
    16 :D .. IIRC, they have only given 3 champs specific AIs. ... Mysterio, Doom and Mordo.
    Venom and CMM are hyper agressive than other champs.

Also all champs have slightly different AI based on their specials. Cyclops, and Sabertooth is going to throw their specials the moment they get a space. No matter how far away they are. Especially Cyclops who'll throw from the other end of screen. Not many others do that
    Some melee SPs do that as well.

Ever dashed into Miles or Thor JF when they have 2 bars of power? Would not suggest xD
  • SeraphionSeraphion Posts: 1,496 ★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

abqber said:

Kill_Grey said:

Has anybody seen the grandmaster lately? Have you seen how frequently he goes for light intercepts, and how passive he is whenever you have a "perform well-timed block" or "intercept the opponent"

I experienced this recently during my exploration, although the behaviour isn't consistent. First 2 phases were pretty straightforward but in that third phase he just holds onto his power, never comes at you when you have the parry missions. Since I had not spent a lot of resources, I decided to quit. What a bummer, the lane clearance was perfect. When I went back however, his AI co-operated very well with the missions and his sp1s in the third phase, I got the fight done in 2 revives. It felt like I fought two different phases of the oscillate node ngl lol especially in the third phase where his power gain is passive. Just super inconsistent AI, nothing like how I felt it was when I got my first clear months ago.
    Yeah, I've noticed that the AI behavior changes every 6 months or so. Back then when act 6 attack values were benign; the AI was actually consistent enough to cooperate into intercepts. But it seems that since the attack values were reduced, they tweaked the AI to be masters of light intercepts. And they never miss, EVER!

Also, I really hate it when the AI stands open and goes for a parry when you whiff an attack. I've gotten wrecked by Colossus, blade, bane nodes, passive power gain champs, alliance war, duels, the grandmaster (of course), etc, because they go for well-timed blocks which counts towards many abilities, and has many negative implications.

Plus, the AI is passive in general. Brute force, bane, do not go gentle, etc. They just don't come at you sometimes when on those sort of nodes.
    Dont forget the fast light attack that the AI learned recently when you just enter their range. That catches me all the the time bc its often too fast to parry. Ive seen soooo man youtubers get catched by it too xD
    Seraphion said:

Kill_Grey said:

abqber said:

Kill_Grey said:

Has anybody seen the grandmaster lately? Have you seen how frequently he goes for light intercepts, and how passive he is whenever you have a "perform well-timed block" or "intercept the opponent"

I experienced this recently during my exploration, although the behaviour isn't consistent. First 2 phases were pretty straightforward but in that third phase he just holds onto his power, never comes at you when you have the parry missions. Since I had not spent a lot of resources, I decided to quit. What a bummer, the lane clearance was perfect. When I went back however, his AI co-operated very well with the missions and his sp1s in the third phase, I got the fight done in 2 revives. It felt like I fought two different phases of the oscillate node ngl lol especially in the third phase where his power gain is passive. Just super inconsistent AI, nothing like how I felt it was when I got my first clear months ago.
    Yeah, I've noticed that the AI behavior changes every 6 months or so. Back then when act 6 attack values were benign; the AI was actually consistent enough to cooperate into intercepts. But it seems that since the attack values were reduced, they tweaked the AI to be masters of light intercepts. And they never miss, EVER!

Also, I really hate it when the AI stands open and goes for a parry when you whiff an attack. I've gotten wrecked by Colossus, blade, bane nodes, passive power gain champs, alliance war, duels, the grandmaster (of course), etc, because they go for well-timed blocks which counts towards many abilities, and has many negative implications.

Plus, the AI is passive in general. Brute force, bane, do not go gentle, etc. They just don't come at you sometimes when on those sort of nodes.
    Dont forget the fast light attack that the AI learned recently when you just enter their range. That catches me all the the time bc its often too fast to parry. Ive seen soooo man youtubers get catched by it too xD
    Yeah man, I've noticed a pattern of the AI blocking for like 3 seconds. After that, they get woke and start walking towards you, then suddenly throw that fast light attack, xD
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,103 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I noticed a strange interaction last night actually. In V6 on the node with 500% attack/unstoppable heavy, 3 times I had the AI somehow immediately launch into a heavy charge after whiffing a medium on my Ghost phase. Like, I phase, they whiff a medium and I immediately dash in for punish and before I can even strike them they've somehow managed to enter into an unstoppable heavy charge. They shouldn't have even been recovered from throwing the medium yet. That's actually how Ghosts phase intercept works to begin with. She strikes them during a frame advantage. How did they manage that? But.. that's not the only point of the question. The other is that this seems to prove once and for all that the AI does in fact know which nodes are on. I've never seen an AI attempt to charge a heavy like this.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,925 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I don’t really have much issues unless I am fighting Mysterio. I just deep dex and don’t hit enemy block until they throw a heavy or special or leave a parry opening. I was once reparried in arena though. They are learning.