**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Are suicides worth the investment still

GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
edited December 2020 in General Discussion
I’ve been struggling with a while whether I should buy suicides. I’ve explored every piece of content in the game so I’m just waiting for book 2 to come out and never had suicides but people keep telling me that I should get them. In terms of arena I do a little bit here and there, but I’m not a serious grinder. My phone is too slow to do a legend run so I likely won’t see any benefit there. Here’s my roster, do you think I should get suicides or stay “suicide-less”? Note: Corvus is going to r3 as soon as I get ISO and CV is about 10% of a T5 mystic away from going R3. Have a tech and science catalyst waiting for a good option.

Edit: also plan to r3 OR but I’m not particularly close to a t5 mutant so that’s a while away

Thanks for the help

Are suicides worth the investment still 70 votes

Yes, buy suicides. Why on earth did you wait this long.
62%
SpartyBobMagicBentonHorror_punkSpity68FabiusBRJohnJones80allinashesXxicylovexXJim0172Rbk19Moot4Lifercm2017Captain_2goodJakearoundClynevaScopeotoe987SnakepDarth_SaintabqberK00shMaan 44 votes
See how you like the R3 Corvus without before deciding.
18%
BigPoppaCBONEMhd20034LmaoNukedMasterChief1176Ctfz35Thoye3TheExit27Charlie21540NewlinstheoryCowabungaBarani7daSilver_Goose 13 votes
No, don’t buy them at all what are you doing
18%
GmonkeySw0rdMasterRahultripathiWRIRRookiieKill_GreytafreSneakyWarriorGil0610JragonMaster170SazedAGENT_A7KHelpyy 13 votes

Comments

• ThedancingkidThedancingkid Posts: 274 ★★
    If you’ve managed without them so far why would you?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    I wouldn't advise. A lot of your champs don't seem suicides friendly.
  • PikisPikis Posts: 17
    When you try it one's, your will regret after changing back to normal setup! :/
    Suicides are UNBELIEVABLE GREAT!
    ..but dont miss the word SUICIDES... :)
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★
    Suicides make the easier 80% of your day to day content go by so much faster. Can definitely help with the hard stuff to it just isn't as automatic. The cost can add up if you have to turn them on and off for Alliance War Defense which you might not be a fan of if you have to do it 3 times a week. Other than that it's literally, I found it an investment in saving time.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    It depends who you use the most, and if they are affected by suicides. You have champs that benefit and get hurt by them, so it depends
  • EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I see awakened 6* OR, Corvus, BWCV, Havok, 5* Ghost, Magik, CMM, Quake, Namor, AA, Warlock, G99, Sentinel, another Corvus, and I think: Why tf have you waited this long? 😂

Seriously though, it comes down to personal preference and whether or not you think the boost to your suicide friendly champs is worth it to most likely never use champs like Void again. I'd personally do it, especially since you're planning to take Corvus and BWCV to R3.
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,175 ★★★★★
    On one hand, if you are good enough to clear all of the content without these masteries, then you prolly don't nee to invest in them.

On the other hand, because you are prolly really good at this game, these masteries will only help you, and you'll be able to get around the recoil and DOT easy enough.

I turn them on and off, mostly off lately. But I am not at your level of play, so...
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    Helpyy said:

Suicides make the game very boring as it forces you to play a few champs and leave the others and you cant even use them freely. I gave up suicides and started having much more fun

Same here.
  • BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    You’ve got like all the good suicides champs plus nick and goldpool. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Seems like a no brainer.
  • GoddessIliasGoddessIlias Posts: 706 ★★★★
    Hmm. Thanks for all you guys’ input. I think I’m going to wait a little longer before making a decision, because 5K units is a lot lol. I have seen some r3 suicided up Corvus gameplay and it was pretty insane so that was the main reason I was thinking about it.
  • I'm not a fan of them personally. Unless you're going to prioritise a few champs I find them very limiting and I took the time and effort to rank up 30odd 5/6*s to use them.
  • Helpyy said:

Suicides make the game very boring as it forces you to play a few champs and leave the others and you cant even use them freely. I gave up suicides and started having much more fun

I think the fact that people lump them all together as "suicides" is problematic: it makes people think of them as all or nothing. I've been experimenting with the suicide masteries off and on, and they have their pros and cons depending on what I was doing at the time in different combinations. Right now I'm running full glass cannon, one point of recoil, and full double edge but no liquid courage, and I stuck the points in coagulate and suture instead. Its a "half suicide" configuration that seems to work well for me, in that I get a lot of benefit but it seems less restrictive on what I can use effectively in my roster. My poison immune champs get less benefit, but my non-poison immune champs aren't hurt as much by just double edge alone and the bleed falls off fast enough that I don't have issues with, say, facing a Void.

If you are an arena grinder, then the overall impact of the suicide masteries either all together or even just partially are large enough that they basically pay for themselves, if you can make them work for you everywhere else in the game. Unless you're getting every single milestone reward, the suicide mastery attack bonuses will definitely speed you up enough for you to be getting more of them in the same amount of time, and it doesn't actually take a lot of acceleration for the units from those milestones to pile up over time.