**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

NOSTALGIA TIME!!

HI_guysHI_guys Posts: 4,897 ★★★★★
It's been 6 years. 6 FRIKKING LONG YEARS of this fantastic game. OG's Newbies and everyone in between, what were some of your favourite/memorable moments in the game?

I'll start.

Waking up at 3 am and grinding the Magik Arena. Got 80k points back then.But in my mind in was 800K

Getting 3* Magneto, one of my favourite characters and maxing him.

Getting 4* BB and forming the perfect Block team.

Doing Coulson's challenge using 3* Starlord.(but never really completed)

Defeating 2 whole opponents in ROL using 3* SL.

Using 1* in ROL and dying to block damage.

THE KEY

Seeing 4 K PI Thanos and gaping at him

And many more

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Beating act 2 Kang with my domino

that fight was so hard dude

Also pulling Quake as my first five star while watching agents of shield
  • Options
    SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    I rank 4’d my 4* Hulk-buster a few months after his release. My friends laughed at me for it. I said he could get buff eventually. He got buffed. I don’t use many four stars anymore.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Finishing act 3 with my 3* og daredevil and getting a 4* og daredevil. Back when he was one of like 30 characters
  • Options
    Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    First 4* was OG Iron Man. First 5* was Rhino. Second or third 5* was Goldpool from his crystals in 2018. Anyone remember when there was no percent on the health? I remember getting a 4* AG on Christmas day, using it on my Star Lord and finally doing ROL. On a more recent note, I used my 6* Rank 2 Guilly to get an initial clear of LOL and used only 2 revives.
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    Grinding Captain America WW2 3* arena in sunny and beautiful 2015 july days. It was summer vacation after the first year in high school. Right now I'm in the last year of university...
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    Renaxqq said:

Grinding Captain America WW2 3* arena in sunny and beautiful 2015 july days. It was summer vacation after the first year in high school. Right now I'm in the last year of university...

wait a sec it’s only been six years
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    Pulling my very first 4* punisher. Couldn't believe it. Especially when there were only a handful of champs to being with lol.
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    I've only played for about 19 months, but during that time, I'v got to say, best moments ever were when I pulled 5* namor from the basic back in february, (to hell with the "nerf" this was awesome stuff).
  • Options
    Maltyo9Maltyo9 Posts: 270 ★★★
    This is a long one lol, but read on if you want to experience my "journey"

So, I downloaded this game back in 2015, because one of my work friends was playing it (we were both managers in the same restaurant at the time, and I still chuckle at the thought of him giving a server the side-eye when they would DARE to ask him to comp something while he was maniacally smashing his screen). However, I accidentally also downloaded Marvel Puzzle Quest at the same time, and was like, "Holy s***! Candy Crush with Marvel characters, hells yeah!!! Forget this Contest game!"

I kept it on my phone, however, and would occasionally jump in for some button-mashing of my own, basically when I was waiting for health packs to refill in the other game or whatever. But after a few months, I deleted the app and concentrated on MPQ for what now feels like forever...

Fast forward to earlier this year, before Covid changed everyone's lives...

MPQ had made some changes that I wasn't exactly thrilled with. But I had put a lot of time into this game, had made a ton of virtual friends (and some IRL ones), and was a commander in one of the top alliance families around. I felt I owed it to all of them to try and stick it out, so I tried...

But then I wanted to watch the tribute at Staples Center to Kobe, but I was supposed to jump in to MPQ for my final grind and initial clears (any of you that played that game competitively know exactly what I'm talking about lol). Out of respect for my alliance mates, I dutifully jumped in and did what I did best, get it done...but that was it for me.

The next morning, I officially "tendered my resignation" which would become official at the end of the season. I won't go any longer about that game, but needless to say, it was much more emotional than I expected lol

Fast forward a few weeks, and I need SOMETHING to pass the time with everything going on with lockdowns and quarantines and blah, blah, blah...let's try downloading MCOC again...

My old account is still there (oh man, if I knew than what I knew now, lol), so I pick right back up where I left off. Mindless button-pushing is back, baby!

I join a random alliance that looks active. Start checking in on the forum (since I don't want to get sucked back in by that "other" game). Start noticing that there's a bit more nuance to this game than I originally thought...ok, let's give this a real try, I guess...

Fast forward to my greatest memories to date

1. Pulling Karnak as my first 3*...man, that L3 animation is so cool, this guy rocks! Finding out VERY quickly, not so much (side note, he was also my first 6*, whomp whomp)

2. Pulling Void as my first good 3*

3. Pulling Ms. Marvel as my first 4*, and just absolutely WRECKING chapter 1 of RTTL...and thinking, "Man, she is going to make the rest of this game so easy!"

4. Doing a little (respectful) alliance-hopping, until I found one that I wanted to stick with (which is my current one)

5. Fast forward a bit (again), and feeling not just the utter joy in finally becoming UC, but more the fact that my alliance mates seemed even prouder of my accomplishment than I did...

6. Being chosen as backup in AW on a consistent basis...it felt like a validation of my increasing skill level as a player, and a nice pat on the back from my leadership team

Tl;dr...

Sorry if I went on for a bit, but I just kind of wanted to say all of this as a reminder that this is just a game. It's meant to be fun. If you don't have anything memorable, maybe you're looking at this the wrong way. If you're feeling frustrated, take some time away, the game will still be here when you come back. If you feel pressure in your alliance, maybe it's not the right one for you (we have a lot of fun in our chats, and like I said, it's supposed to be FUN!)

And finally, Happy Birthday MCOC!
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    I remember, I think it was the first year of the game they had an offer with crystals attached to unit bundles and the odins came with a fully formed 4* crystal. I remember buying that and getting my first four star which was wolverine. At that time it was pretty good value given you could play for months and you wouldn't have a four star unless you got lucky with PHCs.

My how times have changed
  • Options
    RenaxqqRenaxqq Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    @SpideyFunko 3 years in high school and 4 in university. Started to play mcoc in 2015 - first year in high school passed, 2 to go and 4 in university.;) Actually I'm going to finish university in spring...:)
  • Options
    QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    Talking to my friend who also played at the time about how I didnt have a 4* yet while my arena crystal stopped on a 4* punisher.