**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

John Mulaney Challenge: Most ideal roster?

Comments

• OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    I am still working my way around this quest and creating a good team to do it without spending too many units, revives and potions. So far I have BWCV, AA, Nick Fury, CMM and Longshot on the team, Longshot's sp2 with 5 bad Karma's + all buffs the opponent already has works extremely well for me!

Ranked 5 him yesterday so will try chapter 2 again today!

Happy fighting guys!
  • HieitakuHieitaku Posts: 1,368 ★★★★★
    This was my team:

Archangel/Nick for Gwenpool.

Then Ægon for everyone else. Howard on Rage node really polished my skills in evading his specials. Of course, I died a couple of times to his shifting AI and I was only able to get perfect solos in the later half of the last map.

Also, some would argue that 5r5 or 6r2 Ægon are actually better than 6r3 mostly to stack persistent charges on him faster.
  • Rbk19Rbk19 Posts: 195 ★★
    Symbiot supreme for Howard the duck easy solo everytime
    Archangel for gwenpool
    Cmm for warlock don't use special she will lose the fury only heavy
    Warlock for Deadpool easy regen for warlock from last 15% degen from Deadpool
    The real pain is Mysterio I used both warlock and CMM still he is pain, he didn't throw specials easily and cornered me most of the times
    Spiderham easy solo with archangel
  • JakearoundJakearound Posts: 410 ★★★
    I haven’t completed it but have been doing test runs with different teams and so far this team has been the best.

Ghost, Wasp, Hood for Mysterio, Deadpool, and Warlock. Warlock was a little challenging but not hard

Omega Red for Gwenpool

BWCV is by far the best for Howard.

We’ll see how this team works for the later paths when I have time to finish this but this is probably the team I’m goi g to go with

• HeattblasttHeattblastt Posts: 254 ★★
    Will medusa work against warlock??

Will medusa work against warlock??

Yes, very well.

She’s good for Mysterio too

Haji_Saab said:

My current planned team is:
    Long shot for Howard
    Archangel for GP
    Aegon for Warlock
    Hype for Mysterio
    Not sure if I should bring Torch with or someone else. I might switch him out for Doom.

Ghost for GP is better than AA in my opinion. Ghost can find openings much easier and its higher ranked in your roster. but you might need to bring wasp as well.
    Hmm I’ll have try Ghost against GP. She probably would handle transferring Bane pretty well. Although I don’t know if phasing would be effected by GP AAR
  • K00shMaanK00shMaan Posts: 1,289 ★★★★

DrZola said:

Here’s some suggestions from another thread:

Howard The Duck - Quake, Archangel, Longshot, Doom, Void
    Gwenpool - Archangel, Void, Hyperion, maybe Hulkbuster as his specials hit hard, Quake but if you get hit you'll have to start transferring Bane back and forth
    Warlock - Doom or Corvus (if no Willpower), Quake if you have Willpower
    Deadpool - Really just anyone who can do the damage, Corvus, Void to reverse healing, Archangel
    Mysterio - Corvus or a Poison Immune like Hyperion, Captain Marvel

Spider-Ham - you can Parry/Heavy him with anyone with a quick Heavy - Doom, Captain Marvel. Just don't ever use an SP3 and let your power go back to 0

That may help. Good luck!

Dr. Zola

This is perfect!! Thank you!
    Just a quick note, this is my suggestion on another thread for that person's specific roster. There are more alternatives than just this (like Aegon obviously)
  • Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    I didn't love my team but I got through the first two lanes pretty much 100% health so I stuck it out.

BWCV for Howard - Super Easy
    AA for GP and DP - Not too bad. Got banned and unblockable SP2d a few times but nothing major.
    Ghost/Medusa for Warlock and Mysterio. Warlock was annoying but not bad. Mysterio was a pain in the ass.

If I did it again I'd prolly bring CAP IW for Mystero.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I find a team of Nick, Quake, G99, Archangel and Hyperion to be extremely effective. Only needed 8 revives, and could have been half of that if not for lag issues.

I think i can replicate this team. How did you use them?
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    LOThunder said:

Kill_Grey said:

I find a team of Nick, Quake, G99, Archangel and Hyperion to be extremely effective. Only needed 8 revives, and could have been half of that if not for lag issues.

I think i can replicate this team. How did you use them?
    Challenge finished. Team was G99, Nick, Quake, Archangel and Hyperion. I spent 8 single revives total. I would have spent way less, but there was a lot of lag and in-fight freezing which made me get clipped a few times.

Howard- G99, easy. Just make sure to throw SP 3 when he's at 3% or less for the guaranteed kill. Soloed every single one easily.

Gwenpool- Archangel, easy. Soloed the first 4, had trouble on the fifth and had to finish her with Nick but died twice with Nick because of bane. As for the sixth, G99 easily finished her in one take.

Warlock- Quake. Soloed the first 5, died to the 6th because I was in the hospital. Had to revive her for the kill.

Deadpool- G99, easy. Every single one soloed.

Mysterio- This dude...used Hyperion for the first 3 or so. Had to switch to Nick when he died. Spent the most revives here. About 3 or so on all of them.

Boss- Nick Fury. 2 revives because was my first time fighting him.

Tl;dr: G99 is MVP for this quest.

@LOThunder I wrote this somewhere. I'd also recommend you restart your phone before going in, lol.
  • LOThunderLOThunder Posts: 218 ★★
    Lol, yeah I notice the brutal lag the more you play the game. Especially when you are doing EQ and try to help out in AQ. The game lags like crazy.

Thanks @Kill_Grey
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    LOThunder said:

Lol, yeah I notice the brutal lag the more you play the game. Especially when you are doing EQ and try to help out in AQ. The game lags like crazy.

Thanks @Kill_Grey

Yeah, the lag is definitely more pronounced in AQ, and it's simply infuriating in EQ, lol.

Good luck, bro.
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★
    Iryse said:

Corvus glaive all the way. Once buffed, no stopping him.

I’m curious about this. How did you get around the Equally Balanced node? Doesn’t it neutralize charges once you use a special? I didn’t use mine, so I don’t know.

Dr. Zola
  • DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,544 ★★★★★

DrZola said:

Here’s some suggestions from another thread:

Howard The Duck - Quake, Archangel, Longshot, Doom, Void
    Gwenpool - Archangel, Void, Hyperion, maybe Hulkbuster as his specials hit hard, Quake but if you get hit you'll have to start transferring Bane back and forth
    Warlock - Doom or Corvus (if no Willpower), Quake if you have Willpower
    Deadpool - Really just anyone who can do the damage, Corvus, Void to reverse healing, Archangel
    Mysterio - Corvus or a Poison Immune like Hyperion, Captain Marvel

Spider-Ham - you can Parry/Heavy him with anyone with a quick Heavy - Doom, Captain Marvel. Just don't ever use an SP3 and let your power go back to 0

That may help. Good luck!

Dr. Zola

This is perfect!! Thank you!
    I wish I could take credit. I cribbed it from @asdcs

Dr. Zola
  • MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    DrZola said:

Champs I found useful:

Venom (great for Howard with free heals and for Warlock)

CapIW with Skill synergy (solid for Warlock and Mysterio)

Hypo (used for a few Mysterios—if you can resist throwing a special at the start and get your Sp3, he stays unblockable the entire fight if you only use Sp3–useful to keep Mysterio at Sp2)

Archangel (not sure I could have done without him—just be careful to time the bane timer on Gwen)

I ramped Aegon on Deadpool and had a 500+ combo by lane 4. He was useful.

Champs I’ve heard are useful:

CV (great for so much—immunity useful, handles Warlock)

Quake (great for Warlock)

Doom (I just pulled him so no first hand knowledge, but apparently he can do much of it)

Dr. Zola

I'm planning on using the same team, how many revives/potions did you use up?
  • HSS75HSS75 Posts: 1,136 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    Dude, aegon is doesn't do much except handling deadpool in the challenge, u should use cap iw, warlock, hyperion,archangel and one mystic that can nullify rage from Howard the duck. I mean it worked out for me only had to use 400 units and 15 free revives
  • TwistedTalentzTwistedTalentz Posts: 224
    HSS75 said:

Dude, aegon is doesn't do much except handling deadpool in the challenge, u should use cap iw, warlock, hyperion,archangel and one mystic that can nullify rage from Howard the duck. I mean it worked out for me only had to use 400 units and 15 free revives

That will more than likely be my squad that I use. I'm thinking Doom for the rage HTD. Tried this out and worked fairly well. AA for GP(still waiting for level up) and then CapIW, Hype and Venom most likely. Haven't given it a shot yet but it'll be fun nonetheless. Up to 550 units and might wait until Halls of Healing to fully give it a shot. Was still unable to pull Aegon or Nick from these 18 Cav crystals(only got 2 5 stars mehhh) so maybe it just isn't meant to be for now lol
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,054 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    HSS75 said:

Ramped aegon easily kills dp, warlock and mysterio. Bring dead fury for 20% attack increase, and he does it even faster. Even without getting hit
    ADDIS0N said:

Ok, I did it - used 2 single revives and a team revive, plus some boosts and health potions.

I'll keep it simple.

R5 Sym Supreme - HTD
    R4 AA - Gwenpool
    R5 Quake - Warlock and Deadpool
    R5 CAIW - Mysterio
    R5 Venom - Backup

Everything went fairly smooth, only topping off for every lane. Didn't die until the 5 lane and things got messy on the 6th.

Went in against Peter Porker using AA at 35% health as a practice run and easily soloed him.

Surprised me.

Finishing up the easier stuff now so I can get my 6* Iron Patriot dupe.

If you haven't finished it yet, good luck!

@ADDIS0N What kind of quake player are you? I'm the kind of Quaker that dexes and then parries. Are you by chance the same or the opposite where you never get touched? Just dont want to take unnecessary block damage. Also don't have Sym so that might be a little different as well.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    My plan was aa for htd, gwen, and deadpool
    caiw + cosmic + ghost for: mysterio and warlock
    ghost and warlock/doom as a general backup
    any suggestions?
    roster:

My plan was aa for htd, gwen, and deadpool
    caiw + cosmic + ghost for: mysterio and warlock
    ghost and warlock/doom as a general backup
    any suggestions?
    roster:

@Thicco_Mode I've read that Gully2099 was great for HTD and GP as well. I'll probably ed up taking Doom for HTD to nullify the furies. I'd bring AA for GP, definitely CapIW, Warlock and then a cosmic for Mysterio?