Options

Does anyone else find magneto boring to play?

I'm not trying to say he is bad, his damage output against almost 1/3 of the champions is incredible. I just find using him more than a couple times in a quest to be fairly boring and repetitive.

Comments

• Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    I don’t use him anywhere I can; I only use him for the annoying DH Warlocks etc. if it’s like, Nebula or a Vision I will use someone else (so long as they don’t have a dumb node that would necessitate Mags)
  • Options
    Rwj_2Rwj_2 Posts: 163 ★★
    With just parry heavy, yes. As others have said the damage is satisfying though. And against stun immune it's quite fun weaving those heavies in.
  • Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 858 ★★★

a lot of "boring" characters exist lol .. but you get past it because of how effective they are. Red Mags, Quake, Rasputin ..all not exciting but the payoff is.

Rasputin?
  • Options
    BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,075 ★★★★
    Personally I’m not a fan of these buffs being heavy/combo meter for damage. That being said,the damage overwhelms the fact that I dislike those formats
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    I’m glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t like parry-heavy
  • Options
    MarshMarloMarshMarlo Posts: 243 ★★★
    Same. I have nothing against the damage because it's awesome. He just bores me.

I won't say it's the parry-heavy play style because I'm not getting bored with Collosus. Idk why
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    For me it’s the extended stun duration, the focus is on charging the heavy, not the release. There is only his specials to get excited about. His basic attacks lack any feel, snap or big damage like capiw, or colossus. There’s no benefit to heavy spamming either like warlock or HB. He doesn’t play like other heavy biased champs, he’s like a mega boring sunspot.

• Options
    PalanthraxPalanthrax Posts: 918 ★★★★
    His heavies are far more exciting when he’s awakened and high sig. The additional energy damage is considerable.
  • Options
    fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    Yeah, but the big white numbers of special 3 are satisfying.
  • Options

His heavies are far more exciting when he’s awakened and high sig. The additional energy damage is considerable.

Good to know, just awakened him.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    I personally find him okay to play. It’s kinda chill sometimes. Especially when he’s awakened and you have that sweet, sweet burst damage on heavies. I find mags to be a bit fun and you don’t, but that’s okay. Everyone has their own cup of tea.
  • Options
    Iron_Patriot_is_litIron_Patriot_is_lit Posts: 1,860 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Berjibs said:

For me it’s the extended stun duration, the focus is on charging the heavy, not the release. There is only his specials to get excited about. His basic attacks lack any feel, snap or big damage like capiw, or colossus. There’s no benefit to heavy spamming either like warlock or HB. He doesn’t play like other heavy biased champs, he’s like a mega boring sunspot.

Against metal champs you can continuously rack up indefinite prowesses up to 99 with each heavy and against all champs when he’s awakened you get a burst of at least 1,200+ when you have an r4 mags at sig 30 or above. The statement that he gets no benefits from heavy spamming is laughable.

• Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,073 ★★★★★

Lmao said:

a lot of "boring" characters exist lol .. but you get past it because of how effective they are. Red Mags, Quake, Rasputin ..all not exciting but the payoff is.

Rasputin?

That's Rasputin. I won't get deep into his history, but he was a historical figure in Russia. An absolute mad lad.

I assume @DeaconVelvet was referring to CAIW, he does sort of look like Rasputin.
    I think Rasputin is actually Colossus. It’s his name.
    lol yeah i was referring to Piotr "Peter" Nikolayevich Rasputin aka Colossus.
  • Options

Berjibs said:

Against metal champs you can continuously rack up indefinite prowesses up to 99 with each heavy and against all champs when he’s awakened you get a burst of at least 1,200+ when you have an r4 mags at sig 30 or above. The statement that he gets no benefits from heavy spamming is laughable.

Fair enough I’ll give it a go, only just awakened mine but was a natural dupe so sig 20.

I hadn’t seen the benefit heavy chaining so far over parrying and charging longer (my point really was his heavies don’t do 20k + damage like warlock and HB can) but at the same time I find him boring af outside of incursions so guess not spent enough time exploring.

My prowess seem to cap around 40 so I’m clearly doing something wrong 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • Options
    DRTODRTO Posts: 1,624 ★★★★★
    It's slow for sure to build up prowess and get to that sp3, so yeah can be a bit tedious but I still enjoy playing with him overall.