**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hype or Magneto

LmaoLmao Posts: 842 ★★★
Looking to take a champion to r5, I finished completing act 6 so it'll probably just for general eq and stuff

Hype or Magneto 51 votes

hype
58%
TeddersHammerbro_64RahultripathiCyborgNinja135Wicket329xandersrevengecrossshatterQacobBlaker78Kill_GreySpidey983SquirrelguyThicco_ModeKbmbbKillswitch01H3t3rTimD43MasterpuffMCOCHazzaFluffy_paws 30 votes
Mag
41%
PalanthraxColleenGrootman1294Colonaut123EtjamaTRONG94Aaronc94Ksp_2099Thoye3GeKTheInfintyCharlie21540KAYDAWill3808BigBlueOxThebombsquad1Yodabolt21BlackTuranJoshKosh557fchskm 21 votes

Comments

• QacobQacob Posts: 2,253 ★★★★★
    hype
    Obviously both are beasts, but for general, fairly straightforward content hype will get the job done much faster.
  • ColleenColleen Posts: 173
    Mag
    Hype can be overrated as he has almost no utility, yes he’s a great damage dealer but mags runs though so much content and you don’t even realize how many metal champs you face until you have mags. He is one of my top 5 questing and war champs.
  • Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    hype

Colleen said:

Hype can be overrated as he has almost no utility, yes he’s a great damage dealer but mags runs though so much content and you don’t even realize how many metal champs you face until you have mags. He is one of my top 5 questing and war champs.

Has no utility
    Can spam special 1's which practically allows him to ignore thorns
    has very high physical resistance and nice energy resistance
    Can spam sp2's
    Access to tons of buffs/debuffs for cav EQ
    oVeRrAtEd

As for Mag's argument

66/189 champs are metal. lol
    Poison immune
    Power gain allows loads of special intercepts
    Armour breaks/stuns on sp2
    Regeneration
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    hype
    Colleen said:

Hype is one of those Champs that you'd look at and struggle to find bad matchups for because he has nearly none. He might seem to have no utility to you because he technically has *infinite* utility due how many ways he can be played and how many things he can do.
    hype
    Also Hype is a very old champ now, but he can still go toe to toe with 2020 champs, and kick their butts.

That alone should say enough to whether or not he's overrated or has no utility.
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    hype

Also Hype is a very old champ now, but he can still go toe to toe with 2020 champs, and kick their butts.

That alone should say enough to whether or not he's overrated or has no utility.

Hype (awakened and at sig 20+, lol) is a top 5 champ imo. It's ridiculous how large his reach is.

If and hopefully when Kabam releases him as a 6*, he'll be at the top of the cosmic class without a doubt, and at the very top zenith of Champion Rankings to an even higher degree of where he's currently rated.
  • fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    edited December 2020
    Mag
    Mags is more niche, while Hype is great for most of content and his own things (caustic temper, buffed up). You can't go wrong with any of them.
    hype
    Kill_Grey said:

Hype (awakened and at sig 20+, lol) is a top 5 champ imo. It's ridiculous how large his reach is.

If and hopefully when Kabam releases him as a 6*, he'll be at the top of the cosmic class without a doubt, and at the very top zenith of Champion Rankings to an even higher degree of where he's currently rated.
    6* Hype... 😍There's only 1 champ I'd want more than a 6* Hype.

Best cosmic imo. There's so much he can do, and he does it alone. I really really hope they release a 6* someday.. it'd be sad to see him disappear if and when the game moves into 6*s and beyond just bc they won't make him a 6* (probably years away but still). Honestly, he was one of the best champion designs considering he gets compared to champs released in 2020 (CGR) and has withstood the test of time very very well.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    hype

Colleen said:

Has no utility
    Can spam special 1's which practically allows him to ignore thorns
    has very high physical resistance and nice energy resistance
    Can spam sp2's
    Access to tons of buffs/debuffs for cav EQ
    oVeRrAtEd

As for Mag's argument

66/189 champs are metal. lol
    Poison immune
    Power gain allows loads of special intercepts
    Armour breaks/stuns on sp2
    Regeneration
    The stun on sp2's can make him preform tons of hail mary plays! When I had him before, he wrecked content faster than anyone in the game
    Oh boy I love those Hail Marys when they work out. So much rides on that 60% stun chance lol