**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is wrong with AW matchmaking

I've always known that AW matchmaking works really strange but today's war is just beyond insane.

Our spot is top 51 in gold one
Theirs is 268 in platinum four.
This means that they are 283 alliances away from us. And not only that but the rating difference is just stupid.

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Your war rating is similar, no issues here
  • Options
    Ceo_WakefordCeo_Wakeford Posts: 115
    also so many cheaters in AW nowadays ))
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited December 2020

This is us ^
    And these are a few of the alliances that we’ve beaten this season:

Our losses have come from two ~35m and a 45m. We’ve been the smaller alliance in every war, it doesn’t really make much difference until they can field an entirely R3 defence and attack and are also genuinely good, not just stacked accounts
  • Options
    gash228gash228 Posts: 106
    Seems that i failed to mention that there is only 5 6* R3 in our alliance altogether while there is 19 6* R3 in theirs. In my opinion it's not really fair to match one alliance with the one that has almost 40% more alliance rating overall, 36% more average alliance member rating and has almost 4 times the amount of your alliance's R3 6*.
  • Options
    gash228 said:

Seems that i failed to mention that there is only 5 6* R3 in our alliance altogether while there is 19 6* R3 in theirs. In my opinion it's not really fair to match one alliance with the one that has almost 40% more alliance rating overall, 36% more average alliance member rating and has almost 4 times the amount of your alliance's R3 6*.

Look at my previous post. Our defence has 2 R3 across all 3 BG and we’re fighting alliances where virtually every player is placing at least 1 R3 and every war we fight they’re 50% larger than us. It sounds very harsh but you just got to get better. Learn the hard matchups, learn who in your alliance is a ninja at specific matchups and put them on those paths. Fine tune your defence and you’ll get there.

Last season we blew away a 60m alliance but lost to one our size. I’ve found that for us near the top of P2, it’s the smaller alliances that you have to worry about because they have focussed everything into AW and there’s no hint of them being carried by a massive beefy defence filled with new champs still in the MEQ.