Options

Is it just me, or is silver surfer starting to be a secret MVP

I'm starting to feel that although he's never the best option for anything (other than freezer burn) i find myself using him everywhere. He just seems to work all over the place very well and simply. I don't know, SS might be better then a lot of people give him credit for, including me.

Comments

• Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    He is very good. It just takes skill and patience to master his rotation. I’m nowhere near there with him yet, but I am practicing.

I’m not willing to say he is OP yet, but he is certainly more useful and better than I initially thought.
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    He is a fantastic champion. I have mine at r3 and use him everywhere. He has a ton of uses and good damage. Very underrated still imo but he’s starting to get the credit he deserves.
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Don’t remind me :C

About silver surfer, I think that his kit hides a lot of potential utility, but it’s just that it doesn’t show at first glance.
  • Options
    Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    Texas_11 said:

Yep, silver surfer is a monster a strong R3 option and I am considering taking him up over CGR.

Don’t do it. For my sanity
  • Options
    fchskmfchskm Posts: 166
    He's my most useful 6*. Cover diss track, buffed up and 3 "immunities". His damage isn't that low with the buffs.
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

Yep, silver surfer is a monster a strong R3 option and I am considering taking him up over CGR.

CGR as in Cosmic GRoot right? Please say yes and not Cosmic Ghost Rider
    I think SS’s prestige and personal gameplay with both of those champs play into the decision.

I love them both - I’d never tell someone to not do something they’re comfortable with.

Well, maybe if he said “I’m going to R3 Joe Fixit” over SS and CGR.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,827 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

I think SS’s prestige and personal gameplay with both of those champs play into the decision.

I love them both - I’d never tell someone to not do something they’re comfortable with.

What if it was r5 Mr Sinister over Magneto? (This is hypothetical seeing as how I don’t have a sinister)
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,154 ★★★★★

I'm starting to feel that although he's never the best option for anything (other than freezer burn) i find myself using him everywhere. He just seems to work all over the place very well and simply. I don't know, SS might be better then a lot of people give him credit for, including me.

Most people never gave him a chance. There weren't CG or Ghost like yellow numbers because it takes knowing how to unlock the potential to see how useful he can be. Back then the CCP didn't have the beta server and only had him a short time and his reviews weren't great.

People are slowly coming around on him though.
  • Options
    edited December 2020

Texas_11 said:

What if it was r5 Mr Sinister over Magneto? (This is hypothetical seeing as how I don’t have a sinister)
    I like Sinister as an attacker myself (minority on this), but I also love Magneto (he’s my favorite mutant at the moment). Magneto is OP damage. I’d ask the question “what reason would you want Sinister over Magneto? Defense? Etc”

Magneto at the moment would overkill everything with his damage at R3. So maybe to make Sinister’s damage greater? I dunno but there would probably be a reason if someone did that. Sinister has a ton of abilities so it’s not like an older champ that is completely null and void.

Honestly it’s a personal choice. I won’t fault anyone for R3 choices unless it’s blatantly done as a joke.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,018 ★★★★★
    Always has been
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 595 ★★★
    The surfer love is strong ❤️
  • Options
    KelvinKageKelvinKage Posts: 372 ★★★
    Does he need his sig ability to be effective?
  • Options

Does he need his sig ability to be effective?

Surfer? His damage and potency of buffs goes way up true higher the sig level. I think it’s kind of underrated
  • Options
    IryseIryse Posts: 488 ★★★
    I got a surfer and was so disappointed. He got duped too and I lost it.. but when I used him, he had this cycle which could do wonders if used properly. He’s just misunderstood.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    I think that’s a bit of a paradox, because it it’s just you, then he might be a secret MVP, but if it’s not you, then his MVP status isn’t very secret.
  • Options
    slackerslacker Posts: 772 ★★★★
    edited December 2020
    I use to remember how ppl describe SS as disappointed champ, some even call him trash
    Now, look how the table have turned
  • Options
    MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    I don't remember people saying he was "bad"... just that they expected him to be one of the best in the game out of the box. The next Corvus or whatever. He isn't that. He has some utility and he has some damage, but it does take some management and attention and it seems like there's always someone who does it better and faster.
  • Options
    Menkent said:

I don't remember people saying he was "bad"... just that they expected him to be one of the best in the game out of the box. The next Corvus or whatever. He isn't that. He has some utility and he has some damage, but it does take some management and attention and it seems like there's always someone who does it better and faster.

There was a lot of hate towards him initially. It’s pretty decent now towards him.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I pulled him as a 6* a couple days back and I love him. Good damage, 3 pseudo-immunities which I need for my roster and personally, he has some fun animations. He is a great character but not the next Quake or Ghost as people had expected.
  • Options
    DrAwkwardPhDDrAwkwardPhD Posts: 234 ★★
    Surfer has become one of my favorites to use for ALMOST any fight, lately. New wave utility, good energy damage when you’ve got the Buffs up. He’s a fantastic questing champ, and a great compliment to Doom.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I just wish he’d put on some pants. Even iceman has a belt??
  • Options
    BadPullsMarcoBadPullsMarco Posts: 418 ★★★
    Wow, all this love for surfer, maybe secret MVP was not the right word!
  • Options
    Agent_TAgent_T Posts: 215
    Finally, some love for the Surfer.
  • Options
    Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

Texas_11 said:

CGR , is nice to have, but doesn’t offer the same utility Silver Surfer has. I would put money that a surfer could her father in game then a CGR

Lol cosmic groot rider
  • Options
    Rouger4 said:

Texas_11 said:

Don’t do it. For my sanity
    It’s still up in the sure: I’m between

Silver surfer
    CGR
    RG
  • Options

Texas_11 said:

Texas_11 said:

CGR , is nice to have, but doesn’t offer the same utility Silver Surfer has. I would put money that a surfer could her father in game then a CGR

Lol cosmic groot rider
    Diss track buffed up counter? double immunities, energy medium attacks, armor breaks? spam specials, vigilance, and awakened has damination which heal blocks power locks and has full nullify?
    SS is awesome, not CGR tho
    Well, i didn’t see CGR was awesome. Has said he has more utility which he does . CGR needs a lot of things to go right to access that utility.

SS out the gate, armor breaks , phase abilities , triple immunity and actually heals from willpower , he has a lot of things CGR has.

When you are in tough content , SS feels much safer. I just prefer surfers ease of access to buffs and debuffs.