**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Act 7 chapter 1 is a complete fail

1235»

Comments

• Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

GOTG said:

For every endgame content you have created by now, there are alway some hard fights on it. In Act 6 chapter 1 it is no retreat map, Ultron and Crossbone, in chapter 2 there are many which is great, chapter 3 was a downfall, chapter 4 Grandmaster.

I can not point out any great fight in Act 7 Chapter 1 which is ridiculous. Which fight in this chapter was great? Which fight force players to think about it, to remember it and feel proud about it? There is none. Zero.

I advice you to make at least one very hard fight in every chapter to seperate completion and exploration. Is it too hard for you to do?

i confess. i take full responsibility. this was my beta critique for the first iteration of 7.

if you prefer needlessly overcomplicated (very hard) content, you can always use the Braille gameplay option. Turn the volume down for even more fun.
    If you choose the braille option you can unlock Regirock, Regice and Registeel
  • Options
    UnDEADGamerUnDEADGamer Posts: 51
    Heres the thing, yes 7.1 is easier than act 6.2-6.4, however thats not a bad thing at all. First off they gave 6 stars a big global buff, so dont use them thatll make it a bit harder, second the nodes arent restricting you to a handful of champs to get through it, some still restrict you but not as tightly, which allows more people to get through and progress through the fights, next we have the boss system which allows you to chose the boss thatll be easiest for your current roster but none are mind numbingly simple, maybe easy but not simple, then the biggest thing is you gotta remember that act 7.1 has to be balanced around those with r3 6 stars and r5 5 stars since both tb and cav players can get in, and evena tb with 1 r3 (hell it could be trash like loki) is not in the same place as someone with 6 r3 6 stars that are all the best of their class. 7.1 is overall easier than act 6 but yuo dont know how the rest of act 7 will be and its not necessarily a bad thing to be easier, if its to easy and that ruins your enjoyment use champs with less utility or lower ranked champs but dont ruin it for those who are still progressing
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

I don’t have an issue with 7.1. Act 6 was fine as well but Kabam messed up the reward structure in the game so no one was motivated to do act 6 because better rewards could be gained by mindlessly grinding arena and purchasing unit deals.

Also, a lot of mobile gamers are casuals. They don’t want to think something over and over to figure it out. Parry and smash.

Hey. I resemble that remark
  • Options
    YotzYotz Posts: 117
    OP probably just happened to have the right champions to fight the champion at the time it came out and thought he was that good cause RNG helped him.

Act 7 has been a huge step in the right direction, after the big misstep that was act 6. The only big mistake I can point out in act 7.1 so far is the lifecycle path. That's the kind of node that should disappear forever from the game.
  • Options
    TheTalentsTheTalents Posts: 2,254 ★★★★★
    If you think being gated by the Champion 6.26 for two months is fun good for you but I do not and I completed all the same content you have. Act 7 was incredibly fun and Kabam is no longer catering to 1% content wise. It doesn't make sense financially and that is the language Kabam actually understands.
  • Options
    kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★

GOTG said:

Dear Kabam,

I beat your newest permanent content several days ago, and already forgot almost everything about it. The only thing I remember is I ranked 3 Ghost which did not give me the joy I want. She is unnecessary.

You are in a downfall, if you can realize that. Your content was once great. Like the Collector 5.2.6, I still remember the fight as it has just happened yesterday, my hand was shaking throughout. Or The Champion 6.2.6. I am a humble man, so I did not show proud in my previous alliance when two third of them could not beat him for months. But I was proud. You created a great fight, players need skill to make it done. Right now you do not need anything to make anything done. Like you eat breakfast on a table that you mom serve it. I feel emptiness.

After Abyss, I went through many months without great joy. From the game of course. Variant 5 was easy. Act 7 was easy. Cavalier difficutly is easy. This month I went through it without spending anything. No item, no thought, just did it as a routine.

Ok so many gave you praise, which I do understand somehow, but I personally think you have done a bad thing for the game. And for me as well. I love to play hard fights. I am not the best player in the world but I love it. You make a game that there is nothing memorable about it, so players can leave without regret.

Don't blame Kabam, blame the community. They are the ones that made Kabam nerf act 6 and make book 2 the way it is.
    Stop it. Every comment you're bashing the community. We, "the community" can't make Kabam do anything unless they actually want to. We asked to remove the reduced regen rate on DDHK, that didn't happen. We asked them for a points multiplier in shards arena, that didn't happen. We asked for a better evaluation of deals for Cav compared to TB, that didn't happen.

I'm not gonna argue whether doing any of that is correct or wrong since those are divisive issues. But bottom line is we cannot make them do anything. We can complain on the forums, and they'll take the decisions they have to. It's not a good look always bashing the player base.
    Clearly you didn't understand my point towards what OP said. There are things that the community has had changed-
    Act 6.
    Book 2.
    Summoner Showdown difficulty.
    Variant difficulty.
    Plenty more.

My point to the OP is that if he/she wants to be upset with someone, they should be upset with the community. The difficulty of Book 2 is in direct correlation of the nerfs to Act 6. We won't be presented with truly hard content probably for as long as the game exists. They tried with the Summoner showdown and even though you get 5 champs to take down 1, the community complained and the fight was nerfed so far below anything that could be considered a challenge. Book 2 was done the same way.

I like book 2. I feel like it's challenging in the fact that you need to think about the champs you'll bring instead of the same ones time after time. It's not built for Ghost just to run every path or CG. It makes many champs good for the content. But I also feel the fights aren't that challenging for the type of content it is.
    And I still stand by it. We've complained equally about the things I've stated and it didn't change. So Kabam will change things only when it lines with their thinking and decisions. If we could actually force them to do anything, all the changes I've said in my previous comment would be live now.

Also, the variants became easy from Ultron V1 because that V1 had some major bs nodes (think back to 1.1% degen on Sentinel). Instead, they shifted the difficulty to have more roster focus. V2 for XL champs, V3 for tech, V4 which is my favourite for roster depth in lower stars. That's the sort of difficulty variant should be.

Summoner showdown was tuned down more than it should've been. But even then, that was only the show up difficulty. I agree they didn't need to allow multiple 5*s and nerf all the attack values.
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★
    V4 was the least fun variant after V1 imo. Everyone loves it but I honestly didn't like it at all. Lower rarity challenges are about as boring as it gets for me. It wasn't difficult but it definitely wasn't fun
  • Options
    BeroManBeroMan Posts: 272 ★★★★
    I made quite similar point at another post but the way you talk would make everyone angry. Lol
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    BeroMan said:

Crcrcrc said:

I’ll design one just for you!
    Rogue
    With the following nodes:
    Do you bleed?
    Vigor
    AAR Immune
    Stun immune.

Your welcome! /s

What about Cable with
    Do you bleed?
    Debuff immune
    Unblockable
    Enhanced power gain
    No retreat
    Biohazard
    Cool cool, but what about...
    Elsa Bloodstone
    With the following nodes
    Improved power gain
    Do you bleed?
    Footloose
    Start with 2 bars of power
    Unblockable
    A node that decreases ability accuracy by 99.8%
    No retreat
    And finally bane

that Elsa is doable with Arcangel.
    "Do you bleed" on a non-poison immune champ is a bit weird with AA.
  • Options
    beaker1000beaker1000 Posts: 47
    Kabam can’t tailer this game for just the top 1% of players. I found act 7 completion vert challenging, I used about 2k units on it, the Mercy mode was the biggest pain... used about 17 revives on Punishing Angel
  • Options
    WorknprogressWorknprogress Posts: 7,233 ★★★★★

Kabam can’t tailer this game for just the top 1% of players. I found act 7 completion vert challenging, I used about 2k units on it, the Mercy mode was the biggest pain... used about 17 revives on Punishing Angel

I'm legitimately not trying to take a shot at you but if you used 2k units on 7.1 completion, you're probably trying to punch well above your weight and should work on building your roster up with some other/earlier content
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★

GOTG said:

For every endgame content you have created by now, there are alway some hard fights on it. In Act 6 chapter 1 it is no retreat map, Ultron and Crossbone, in chapter 2 there are many which is great, chapter 3 was a downfall, chapter 4 Grandmaster.

I can not point out any great fight in Act 7 Chapter 1 which is ridiculous. Which fight in this chapter was great? Which fight force players to think about it, to remember it and feel proud about it? There is none. Zero.

I advice you to make at least one very hard fight in every chapter to seperate completion and exploration. Is it too hard for you to do?

i confess. i take full responsibility. this was my beta critique for the first iteration of 7.

if you prefer needlessly overcomplicated (very hard) content, you can always use the Braille gameplay option. Turn the volume down for even more fun.
    This has to be the funniest thing I've read on these forums. Literally had me snorting out of my nose!!

I want to hit "like +3000"
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I'm legitimately not trying to take a shot at you but if you used 2k units on 7.1 completion, you're probably trying to punch well above your weight and should work on building your roster up with some other/earlier content
    *Me with only 12 rank 5 5*s who has completed act 7 plus done about 4 other random paths itemless*: mmkay
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    Hoodie25 said:

First, I think it’s important to clarify how difficult Kabam’s job is in making content right now. If they make it less intense, less punishing, and allow for more diverse roster choices, they get called out for making things too easy. On the other hand, if they do any of those things, they get blasted by the rest of the community for sucking all the fun out of the game and favoring pay-to-win tactics. That’s a rough tightrope to try and walk, and since the most recent uproar in the community was over the extreme difficulty of act 6, it’s only natural that they would, at least initially, swing hard the other way.

Secondly, I’m not sure that your first example of “great content” holds up very well. In fact, I’d argue that the collector fight is pretty poorly designed. The fight isn’t meant to be soloed, and you’re not meant to be able to dodge his special attacks. It’s less about skill, and more about burning through revives until he’s down. Of course, a point could be made that there’s a place for those kinds of fights in the game: I still felt a rush when I got him down, largely because of how much I had to invest in order to get it done.

But the reality is, those are the kinds of fights that the overwhelming majority of the community opposes as of late. Unless that mindset changes, I think that content like act 7 will continue to be the norm.

someone with some logics well said, i beat every content in game and i have no issue with act 6 tone down and act 7 so far i had fun playing it and didn't feel like i had to kill my units which act 6 did i spent about 4k units on act 6 maybe more how's that fun.
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★

I'm quite suprised you found punishing angel so hard, that was one of my favourite fights and I almost got a one shot on it. What was it about the fight that made it so difficult for you?
  • Options
    Stagedear85Stagedear85 Posts: 774 ★★★
    GOTG said:

That's very subjective my friend because i beat act 6 100% and the only fight i would say was great was act 6.4 boss, everything else about act 6 was trash, now act 7.1 i enjoyed all the boss fights nothing was too crazy and a unit/revive Grab so lets make a pie graph i would say out of 100% of player base 2% agree with you and 98% enjoy the direction Kabam is going (u can see by the disagree and agree with ya post) so if im Kabam i would more cater to the 98% and the 2% will fall in line, spring of pain will be here soon u can go at it. anyway Kabam thank you act 7.1 was great so far
  • Options
    Ironman3000Ironman3000 Posts: 1,919 ★★★★★
    My biggest complaint of 7.1 is that awakening SIM was my best option from the 6* nexus. FML
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,138 ★★★★★
    OP better not try variant 6 then - he'll hate it (unless he uses his 2* heroes).
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    Bugmat78 said:

OP better not try variant 6 then - he'll hate it (unless he uses his 2* heroes).

variant is midgame content to help players build their roster, story mode had always been the pinnacle, so it's apples to oranges
  • Options

Aleor said:

GOTG said:

Dear Kabam,

I beat your newest permanent content several days ago, and already forgot almost everything about it. The only thing I remember is I ranked 3 Ghost which did not give me the joy I want. She is unnecessary.

You are in a downfall, if you can realize that. Your content was once great. Like the Collector 5.2.6, I still remember the fight as it has just happened yesterday, my hand was shaking throughout. Or The Champion 6.2.6. I am a humble man, so I did not show proud in my previous alliance when two third of them could not beat him for months. But I was proud. You created a great fight, players need skill to make it done. Right now you do not need anything to make anything done. Like you eat breakfast on a table that you mom serve it. I feel emptiness.

After Abyss, I went through many months without great joy. From the game of course. Variant 5 was easy. Act 7 was easy. Cavalier difficutly is easy. This month I went through it without spending anything. No item, no thought, just did it as a routine.

Ok so many gave you praise, which I do understand somehow, but I personally think you have done a bad thing for the game. And for me as well. I love to play hard fights. I am not the best player in the world but I love it. You make a game that there is nothing memorable about it, so players can leave without regret.

Don't blame Kabam, blame the community. They are the ones that made Kabam nerf act 6 and make book 2 the way it is.
    Lol what? Do you really suggest blaming people for having no desire to play content they couldn't and didn't want to manage? Fights like 6.2 sinister were huge road blocks for people who didn't have 3-4 selected champs. Combined with 4* being not allowed not surprising people didn't play it. Kabam saw it and made content more inclusive. If you only want higher hp/attack values on opponents, just don't bring your r3 6*s, try using r2 5*s
    That's not what I said. From OP's point of view, he hates the new content because it's not enjoyable and challenging like 6.2.6 as that's what he said. Kabam would have left things the way they were in Act 6 and Book 2 would have been much harder. So if OP wants to be mad at someone, be mad at the ones that pushed for the Act 6 changes that ultimately led to Book 2 being easier than planned.

I'm fine with Book 2 and thing it's much more fun than Act 6. I think it does cause you think out side the box to look for champs that really help complete the content. All i'm saying in OP's point of view, he should direct his sadness, anger and emptiness at the community.
    Of course if Kabam had no idea people wanted something different they would never change anything so in a sense we should blame the people who spoke up about the difficulty and direction for Act 6 and Book 2. I'd gladly take one of those bullets, because while I have no idea how much impact I personally had, I certainly pushed in that general direction (not necessarily the specifics, but the generalities).

However, I think the more fundamental "blame" goes to all of the players that just plain wanted something different. At the end of the day, we're playing a massively multiplayer game, and not a single player game. We have no right to expect a customized experience. The whole point to playing massively multiplayer games is to experience the shared unified game, where everyone sees basically the same game. And that means a lot of the stuff in the game, maybe even *most* of the stuff in the game, is going to be things other people want and we personally don't.

It is easy to think that "if only" the developer didn't do this, or a few players didn't say that, that the game would be much better. But the truth is that no, that greatly oversimplifies things. The truth is that at the end of the day, we all want different things, and consensus is normally an illusion. The game tries to make sure that at least some part of the game appeals to different tastes of different players. But when it comes to the core content of the game that is targeted at the majority of the players of the game, it is not reasonable to expect that it will cater to the tastes of a tiny percentage of them.

The problem is other people. In a massively multiplayer game, other people exist. And there are always way more of them than there are of you. And the game is going to try to target them the majority of the time, whether they speak up or not. Players of these kinds of games have to accept that, or find other things to do.