**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Still Need clarity on Joining the alliance for gifting event

I searched the forums, but didn't find much information and I am still little more confused @Kabam Boo and want clarity on the below scenario..

First, if I join the alliance today, I. E. 14/12/2020 and gifting event starts from 21/12/2020 and I start contributing points from that day, but won't be able to claim it untill I cross the 14 days cut off, I. E. 28/12/2020 and will be able to claim it only after this date and also qualify for the rank rewards? OR

Second, I Join the alliance today, I. E. 14/12/2020 and won't contribute or not start any gifting crystals/items untill I cross the 14 days cut off which is 28/12/2020 and only start contributing it after 28/12/2020 till the gifting event ends??

Which of the above scenario will be correct.. Please @Kabam Miike or @Kabam Boo help on the same.. Or anyone else who has an experience can help it??

Comments

• Options
    ZipioZipio Posts: 128
    You won't be able to contribute points until the 28th. You can still send gifts and get solo points, it's just the alliance milestones you won't help with until the 28th.
  • Options
    ValmarxValmarx Posts: 521 ★★★
    I think you're already late
  • Options
    Dr_Z01dbergDr_Z01dberg Posts: 512 ★★★
    Deeparvi said:

Zipio said:

You won't be able to contribute points until the 28th. You can still send gifts and get solo points, it's just the alliance milestones you won't help with until the 28th.

You sure.. Bcoz what I think I can still be able to contribute points in the alliance but won't be able to claim the milestones untill 28th December, that's what happened last year also, still the clarity provided isn't very clear to understand
    I believe that @Zipio is correct, you can still gift but your score won’t start to contribute to the score of the alliance until after your blackout is over.

It’s to stop what happened last year where some alliances were putting in dummy account to drop units then leave and artificially inflate the alliance scores.

If you want your points to count then wait until the 28th before you do any gifting (personally I would check the event as I’m sure it will have a countdown to when you will qualify the same way as if you join AQ mid week)
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★
    The first responder is correct. They are setting it up this way because towards the top of the leaderboard last year many alliances were cycling in alt accounts to pump up their scores. By forcing a 2 week waiting period before they can even contribute, this cannot happen since the event is 2 weeks long. So if you want alliance rewards, don’t gift anything until your 2 weeks is up.
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    Zipio said:

This is correct.
    Hence why they said something along the lines of “you must be in your alliance for 14 days before you can contribute towards the alliance gifting event milestones”