**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Variant 2 Spite Korg

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
I'm working to complete Variant 2 and there's a Korg in Chapter 1.2 with Buffet and Spite nodes, as well as the Global nodes of Variant 2 which immediately preclude my normal Korg counters like Dr Doom and Namor.

Who would be good options for that fight to at least have a shot and not needing multiple revives to get through it?

I tried Quake but his armour stack ability to shrug off the stuns made it so horrendous in an already long fight that I just couldn't get through it, I think I managed ~25% of his health pool in my best attempt and that was mostly luck. I had it suggested to Quake & Bake until the first Aftershocks start and then you can safely Quake & Shake while the concussion is on to get the dex buff and not have it trigger the Buffet/Spite nodes, but I royally suck at the Quake & Shake so that's going to be really difficult but worth a shot if that's the only option.

Comments

• Options
    FRITO_ManFRITO_Man Posts: 716 ★★★
    I saw a warlock solo with the tap light intercept which was a great strat, if you can heavy only(really hard), that would work as well. Also since this is completion, iirc there was a way easier path to take than that korg, so I would take something else
  • Options
    MeebletonMeebleton Posts: 552 ★★★
    I used Domino with the full flaming trinity, was able to one shot it without too much trouble, if you have them available to you Domino is the best option
  • Options
    te_dua_shumte_dua_shum Posts: 1,001 ★★★★
    I have fully explored V2, and I used Apocalypse (5* R5 unduped) for that Korg, I was able to one-shot him pretty easily both times... that KM after the rock was a pain though ^^"
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

I have fully explored V2, and I used Apocalypse (5* R5 unduped) for that Korg, I was able to one-shot him pretty easily both times... that KM after the rock was a pain though ^^"

Lucky :|
  • Options
    @Kill_Grey absolutely, i was very lucky to have a 5* Apoc since his release. but keep in mind that i actually tried to force my luck by spending 4.5K farmed units on his crystal when it came out *_^
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    I’ve used warlock, domino and void for that one over my accounts
  • Options
    Another option that just came to my mind is white mags' pre-fight: i don't know you, but i found that being able to freely parry korg makes any fight against him much easier ^_^
  • Options
    I used Domino when I went through it. I failed the lane and came back and got a sentinel one shot too though it did virtually kill him. I did it well over a year ago now so there’s probably a few more useful counters.

What about OR or Namor?
  • Options
    Mauled said:

I used Domino when I went through it. I failed the lane and came back and got a sentinel one shot too though it did virtually kill him. I did it well over a year ago now so there’s probably a few more useful counters.

What about OR or Namor?

I assume OR & Namor won't work since they're Medium sized champs so can't use most attacks? I suppose I could try Namor and just Heavy...
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★

Mauled said:

What about OR or Namor?

I assume OR & Namor won't work since they're Medium sized champs so can't use most attacks? I suppose I could try Namor and just Heavy...
    OR can bypass the node with tentacle attacks, Namor reflects all damage at max sig
  • Options

Mauled said:

What about OR or Namor?

OR can bypass the node with tentacle attacks, Namor reflects all damage at max sig
    Oh man, I was under the impression that the V2 nodes overruled all of that, since glancing drops all your ability accuracy right off so their abilities wouldn't work!
  • Options

Another option that just came to my mind is white mags' pre-fight: i don't know you, but i found that being able to freely parry korg makes any fight against him much easier ^_^

Oooh, there's a thought...
  • Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Quake wrecked him, build up 5-7 points on the aftershock scale for the shorter stun, then dex while concussion is active to trigger the buff while concussion is shutting off the spite node, after this you will be good to go.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Quake wrecked him, build up 5-7 points on the aftershock scale for the shorter stun, then dex while concussion is active to trigger the buff while concussion is shutting off the spite node, after this you will be good to go.

*Taking notes* I haven't tried Spite with Quake yet.
  • Options

Yeah I've had that suggestion, Quake & Bake until you get the first concussion, then get the dex buff while it's up to avoid spite & buffet triggering, then Quake & Shake thereafter. My problem is I can't Quake & Shake nearly well enough :smile:

But it looks like Namor actually works a treat! so I'm going to go with that.
  • Options
    I used Modok...