**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How does aw tier interact with your season rewards?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
So I might be thinking into this way too much but how exactly does the war rewards system work and interact with tiers? So I know that your war tier determines your point multiplier and what your map looks like. My question is how this works with your season rewards. There aren’t the same number of war tiers as the different season reward options. If you guys need more of an explanation I can take pictures of what I’m asking about. So put simply, are the war tiers the same as what season rewards you get? And what rewards would a tier 10 alliance get at the end of the season? Thanks for answering my questions.

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Season rewards are based off total points. Higher tiers means more total points from multipliers. Tiers also give bonuses for individual war wins.
  • Options
    War TIERS are based on your Ally War Rating as a relative percentage comparison among all other Ally’s WR. And is what determines which Map is played on, and multiplier.

Rewards (Gold/Silver/etc) ranking groups are based on fixed # of ally's in each Reward bracket (from the in-Season Points) at end of season. And even though it shows you your current Gold/Silver status after a few wars into season, that really doesn’t matter at all until end of season when points are final.

So no, Tier-4 does NOT (for example) totally encompass a whole particular Gold ranking group.
  • Options
    Will3808 said:

So I might be thinking into this way too much but how exactly does the war rewards system work and interact with tiers? So I know that your war tier determines your point multiplier and what your map looks like. My question is how this works with your season rewards. There aren’t the same number of war tiers as the different season reward options. If you guys need more of an explanation I can take pictures of what I’m asking about. So put simply, are the war tiers the same as what season rewards you get? And what rewards would a tier 10 alliance get at the end of the season? Thanks for answering my questions.

As others have stated, war tier has no direct relationship to your season rewards. The effect is indirect: your tier determines your points multiplier, and the higher your multiplier the more points you score, and thus the higher you end up in terms of season rewards.

There's no way to say what a tier 10 alliance will get in terms of rewards, but you can guestimate if you have a few pieces of information. First of all, all of this presumes you fight three full battlegroups. Because the number of points you score depends on how many battlegroups you run (because each battlegroup scores points independently, so more is more) if you run less than full, you'll score much less points than an identical tier alliance that runs full.

Second, most alliances don't stay at the same tier constantly. They win and they go up, they lose and they go down. An alliance might tend to stay around a certain tier, but most spend at least some time a tier up or down, sometimes more. The less you move around, the easier it is to estimate your points.

Finally, and tying into the second point, because season rewards are all about scoring points, it isn't only about winning and losing, it is also about how you win and lose. You could destroy your opponent in one war, then lose badly in the second war, and you'd end up in the same tier overall, But the alliance that wins one and then loses in a close war in the second will end up with more points.

So let's say that you run three BGs, and more or less fully explore them every war, and win about half of them. I think tier 10 has a 2.4 multiplier. You'd expect an alliance that fully explored three battlegroups to score something around 140k to 150k points raw (before multiplier). If you win half of them, that means you average an additional 25k points per war (the victory bonus is 50k). So let's say average 165k points per war. Times twelve wars times 2.4 gives a total season points of about 4.75 million.

I don't track this stuff closely anymore, so someone may need to correct this, but I believe 4.75 million generally puts you in the Gold 2 bracket. My recollection is Gold 2 usually ranged from about 6.5 million down to 4.5 million. So 4.75 million would be just inside of Gold 2.

Now, suppose that in one war your alliance just plain gets hosed, as in no group even reaches the boss. Instead of scoring 140k-ish in that war, you could score something catastrophically low like 65k, say. That would cost you about 180,000 points this season, relative to what I guestimated above. That would lower your overall season points to about 4.58 million, potentially jeopardizing Gold 2 and dropping you into Gold 3. So it is important to win, but it is also important to do your best when you lose. The exact amount of points you score matters, and especially if you're close to a bracket boundary.

And that's also why no one can tell you how much season rewards you will get. Your tier matters. But how you do in each and every war also matters.
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Thank you @SpideyFunko. That explanation was amazing. I really appreciate it.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,805 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Will3808 said:

Thank you @SpideyFunko. That explanation was amazing. I really appreciate it.

You’re welcome

but uhhhh for what