**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

4* rank up question from a cavalier summoner

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
So I was opening 4* crystals just a second ago because I was one dupe away from making another 5* basic. I was expecting dupes so I was opening one at a time and the first two crystals I opened were void and Hyperion. Normally I wouldn’t ask a rank up question regarding 4*s but I was wondering if it was still worth it to rank them up for utility. I don’t have either as 5 or 6 stars and I also have awakening gems I can use on both and will if I rank them up. I’d mainly be using them for event and side quests because I still use some of my 4*s for specific match ups. I could also use hype for v2 if I’m really pushing it. So what do you guys think?

4* rank up question from a cavalier summoner 29 votes

Rank up Void
10%
Fred_JoeityThicco_ModeSceptilemaniac2 3 votes
Rank up Hyperion
17%
Alex13369DOKTOROKTOPUSspiderknight616Abhro12_3Gardener 5 votes
Rank up both
27%
Squirrelguydangarang122KbmbbBuffBeastCharlie21540HagureMeijinPrimerprime5Barani7da 8 votes
Rank up neither
44%
phillgreenBuckyBruhkingbradley1297Thoye3OmedennVendemiaireAouxWouxAgent_X_zzzGr8TonyStarkCrcrcrcNaz_786ToastyI_Destroyer 13 votes

Comments

• Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Rank up neither
    Focus on 5*s
  • SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,635 ★★★★★
    Rank up both
    I still think 4*s are relatively relevant, Even as someone that is about to be thronebreaker, for solo events, for fun and interactive nodes, and for the level of utility that both of those specific champs bring, I’d say it’s worth it.
  • Fred_JoeityFred_Joeity Posts: 1,168 ★★★
    Rank up Void
    4*s are somewhat relevant for very specific pieces of utility if you don’t have a 5* equivalent. Unfortunately Hyperion doesn’t have anything overly unique he can bring to the table, so while a 4* version is alright you probably won’t need him for anything.

Btw 4*s can pretty much serve you for UC events and their equivalents, but the chip damage becomes a bit too much by Cavalier and equivalents unless you’re a god-tier player
  • phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,682 ★★★★★
    Rank up neither
    I wouldn't rank until you hit a wall that either can smash through.

• LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Posts: 8,638 ★★★★★
    Void might be the last 4* I ever ranked. I took him up for the X23 fight in LOL. He one shot her. If you'll use them rank them up. If not, don't.
  • Gr8TonyStarkGr8TonyStark Posts: 861 ★★★
    Rank up neither
    I am uc and I just gave up on 4stars. U may rank em up but they wont be as useful as a 5star. Just waste of t4cc and gold. I started act 6 and my 5stars helped me explore uc event quest. If you have resources and are sure they may help, then u can rank up but their base stats will be lesser.
  • ToastyToasty Posts: 155 ★★
    Rank up neither
    Not worth the resources
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Rank up neither
    Focus and 5*. Rank them up only when desperately necessary.
  • kingbradley1297kingbradley1297 Posts: 119 ★★
    Rank up neither
    I would say for this set, not worth it. But I still rank up 4*s now. Prime example being maxing my Doom and Ghost. Utility is the King and believe it or not, my 5/50 Doom is the best option against Aarkus. Maybe I will pull them as 5*s, but I've always believed you rank up champions if they can help you defeat content now, regardless of whether they'll be relevant in the future
  • Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    You'll regret it in the long run. The tier 1 alpha alone is a big enough reason to not do it.