Is Annhilius worth a rank up?

RyanPuffRyanPuff Member Posts: 29
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I've been contemplating ranking him up for the Cav Eq, but Im not sure if he gains enough buffs to be of use.

Secondly my cosmic 5* and 6* roster is terrible compared to my other classes. I don't have an extra Class Awakening Gem, and I've heard Annhilius benefits from his awakened ability.

Lastly, I also love running incursions, and have seen seatin showing how useful Annhilius is for incursions.
Post edited by Kabam Dijon on

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    @ESF is a major advocate for Annihilus. I’d recommend finding some guides, and messing around with him to see if you like him or not.
  • RyanPuffRyanPuff Member Posts: 29

@ESF is a major advocate for Annihilus. I’d recommend finding some guides, and messing around with him to see if you like him or not.

Good point! I'll hop into ROL and play around with him
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    Hold off for a bit and test your luck in crystals. He's not bad but there are many better cosmics and Annihilus' awakened ability helps him to be a better defender and doesn't help as much offensively. Who else do you have in your cosmic class?
    Shock29 said:

Hold off for a bit and test your luck in crystals. He's not bad but there are many better cosmics and Annihilus' awakened ability helps him to be a better defender and doesn't help as much offensively. Who else do you have in your cosmic class?

No one else that's useful. I already have an awakened r5 medusa, and my 6* is a heimdal. Other cosmics are Proxima (I don't like her playstyle) and hela (who I think is a glass cannon) the others arent even worth mentioning, like groot, and venom pool. So I don't have much in terms of options currently
  • MaxGamingMaxGaming Member Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    He is annoying on defense and if played correctly he can be great on offense
  • Shock29Shock29 Member Posts: 571 ★★★
    edited December 2020
    RyanPuff said:

Shock29 said:

No one else that's useful. I already have an awakened r5 medusa, and my 6* is a heimdal. Other cosmics are Proxima (I don't like her playstyle) and hela (who I think is a glass cannon) the others arent even worth mentioning, like groot, and venom pool. So I don't have much in terms of options currently
    Then follow SpideyFunko's advice. test him out and see if you like him. Personally, I like Annihilus but i have access to other cosmics on my roster that i would take over him so it's really up to you.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Member Posts: 21,934 ★★★★★
    RyanPuff said:

Good point! I'll hop into ROL and play around with him
    I wouldn’t just do ROL. Try the highest eq difficulty you can, maybe some Act 5/Act 6 content as well. Get to know where he shines and where he doesn’t.
  • ESFESF Member Posts: 2,011 ★★★★★
    Proof I am not lying — I only duped Annihilus once. I have put 30 Sig Stones in him; obviously you cannot get to 50 without putting stones in.

So, yeah. I absolutely put my resources where my mouth is

ESF said:

Ha! This is true.

Don’t get me wrong: I am always honest about the kit. It’s got a really tight rotation and you have to be what I call “patiently aggressive.” That means that when you roll with Annihilus, you have to put your Intercepting cap on and focus on making sure you keep your opponent backed into the corner, where his Awakened ability increases the potency of your buffs.

But. But.

If you LIKE playing Annihilus AND you are around a B+ interceptor AND you think about setting up your opponent for big damage, man, Annihilus can hit REALLY, REALLY HARD.

I have routinely done 18-23K heavies, when he is ramped up and got multiple Armor Breaks up on an opponent in the corner. It’s not just the SP2. Annihilus can absolutely beat you down.

There are easier characters to play. I don’t recommend the kit to just anyone. It’s not for everyone.

But let me put it this way: I have a 6-star, awakened Annihilus. I actively put Sig Stones into him, as rare as they are, and I am gonna take him to R2.

Again: Don’t do it if you’re not gonna commit to mastering him and using the kit. There are absolutely easier kits to play, and I would be lying if I said there weren’t better kits, as well.

But I think that kit is ridiculously underrated. I really do, and I put my resources where my mouth is

Thank you so much for the advice! I r3ed him and so far enjoy playing him is eq, and ROL. I'm planning on r4ing him now!