**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Dash Back After Special Not working [Fix in Progress]

1151617181921»

Comments

• Options
    QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    Thought you said it would be resolved in 30 mins, an hour ago via your post @Kabam Miike? Nothing has been fixed on my end, or those in my alliance.

did you restart the app? seems fixed.
  • Options
    UnsaferBinkie7UnsaferBinkie7 Posts: 658 ★★
    Nabz034 wrote: »
    Kabam, was altering the ability to move forward or back after using a special something that was implemented? or is this a bug?

I am running 11.1 IOS Iphone 7, connected to wifi so let's not blame the devices for this...

If this wasnt planned in the 15.0 update and is a true bug, if everyone is having the same issues, cant the game team emulate this and see what the deal is?

It is definitely not intentional, and is a bug. The Game team has been able to emulate it and have found a potential fix for the situation. We're currently testing it to ensure that it isn't creating any other issues. We're working our fastest and hardest to make sure that this fix is out to you as soon as it possibly can be, but this is a fix that requires engineering time!

Lol it created an issue that almost does the same thing bruh. Special attack animations being cut off now.
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Qwerty wrote: »
    Sith_Lord wrote: »
    Thought you said it would be resolved in 30 mins, an hour ago via your post @Kabam Miike? Nothing has been fixed on my end, or those in my alliance.

did you restart the app? seems fixed.

I did, & it was still the same. Both Gwenpool & Archangel were still heavily affected by it. Just got back home now, though. Will try to uninstall & reinstall the game to see if that works.
  • Options
    Sith_LordSith_Lord Posts: 230 ★★
    edited September 2017
    Definitely still there for me. I cannot dash back after activating a special move. Uninstalled then reinstalled, & still broken. It is NOT resolved for anyone in my alliance, @Kabam Miike. I can provide screen shots of conversations.
  • Options
    It's still not fixed. I've closed out several times. So far the issue occurred with SIM and Majik.
  • Options
    StrayPoolStrayPool Posts: 98
    @Kabam Miike There is a curious thing happening now; some of the champions are indeed free of the cooldown time, but others still suffer it. My X-Force Deadpool, previously locked into a moonwalk, is now free to block or dodge in the middle of it. But Gwenpool and Captain America WWII are still paralysed during the animation period. For the game team's consideration, I have now shut down and restarted the game 4 times - and uninstalled and reinstalled it twice. I appreciate the hasty resolution you managed earlier, but there may be some lingering kinks to work out. I appreciate your time and reply.
  • Options
    Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    I tried to use my special 2 with my Red Hulk and used my energy but no attack was made. It happened on my iPad mini 2. All updates installed.
  • Options
    Still happening to me in the arena. Can’t dash in right away after the enemy uses a special.
  • Options
    Da2Vero33ManDa2Vero33Man Posts: 156
    It has happened again but it is sparodic. When using a special attack you lose your energy but no attack is made.
  • Options
    DhruvgDhruvg Posts: 287
    Yes the bug is still there , not sure wth they fixed , I think only the timing of the freeze is decreased.
  • Options
    ZzzZzz Posts: 154
    edited September 2017
    Iphone7 plus ios v10.3.2 many champions such as starlord, quake... they're special dosen't work sometime. and this issue spend a lot of my resource specially im doing act 4 and arena grinding.
  • Options
    Jayan23Jayan23 Posts: 26
    My six star shards are missing from six star crystal section since from the last update. Found this yesterday when checking for shard count.
  • Options
    NinjAlanNinjAlan Posts: 358 ★★★
    Wow, this was a fast fix, I applaud you
  • Options
    RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★

We totally understand that, but sometimes we just don't have information to share. We would love to be able to update you guys constantly on any topic, but we can only do so when there is new information to share, and we do our best to make sure that we keep you all updated on any issues or topics as progress is made or information is made available!

In a case like this where we were able to take quick action to fix a problem, it was a lot easier for us to let you all know what's happening, but in the case of some bugs or issues, this can take a little longer. Sometimes, investigation or testing can take longer than we would all hope it would, and that means we just don't have any information to share with you all. This doesn't mean that we're not making progress, just that we don't have any information on progress to post!

Not that I want to draw the ire of a forum mod, but this thread was allowed to accumulate 15+ pages of posts without a forum mod stepping in to comment. Not having new information is not a sufficient reason for not stepping in at least to calm the masses. With a far reaching issue, perception is everything.

The main issue was that people could see mods closing/merging or deleting duplicate threads, but not saying anything on this one. It may not have been the intention, but the perception was that the issue was being ignored and the more it was ignored, the greater the perception was that it was intentional.

It would not have taken much effort to mitigate the ill will generated by the bug and perceived lack of response. It wouldn't have required new information, just a quick note to tell us that you're all still on the case, even if it was just an acknowledgement of the bug. All we had was the boilerplate response.

I would accept that 24-48 hours is a reasonable response time for a fix, given none of us know what was changed to cause the issue, nor what code needed to be reverted or refactored to get it resolved.

I would also like to acknowledge that support is probably the most thankless job. No one messages you to give you good news, nor even thanks you when you've done a good job. Additionally you're put in the painful position of relaying information about something that you have no control over the outcome or time-frame. And to be honest, it is terribly easy for us to shoot the messenger because that is what we have control over.

• Options
    wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    howard's sp1 he waits to get back into to robot
  • Options
    wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    the
  • Options
    hmrjhmrj Posts: 5
    Didn't read all, but i found a new bug.
    2nd specials aren't working sometimes, in arena.
    Pressing the button, power drains but nothing happens. Happened twice spiderman classic and mordo.
    Android device.
  • Options
    4* OML s1 fail, 3* Dormammu S2 fail, 3* Karnak S1 fail . All in vs arenas
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★
    @Kabam Miike thanks for the quick fix on that special issue. My blood pressure has dropped a lot lol
  • Options
    Jac094Jac094 Posts: 198
    Now please take a look to dash in -> parry. It's broken.
  • Options
    I am using a Samsung Galaxy Note 4. Android OS. I am having problems with special attacks not going off and drain all power when that happens. Not all of the time, but mostly. Also problems with delayed blocks, as well as dash backs and dash forward
  • Options
    Also, I was not able to access my alliance potions during war. (That didn't seem like it was part of the same issue) but they were there in my inventory, and I used them next war. All issues seem intermittent except delayed movement
  • Options
    JuggerneyksJuggerneyks Posts: 275 ★★
    seriously after maintenance my champ punches the air instead of dashback sometimes, just got me destroyed against boss in aq, WTF