**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

TB or not to be

SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
So I spent 6 hours in the abyss and in the end the game rewarded me with a skill t5cc with my only two champs being hawk eye and BPCW
Apart from that I also got a skill ag and have a skill 1-2 gem from 7.1 completion
Which brings me to the big question...think short term and take up hawk eye before the Christmas gift or think long term and hold onto these items for a skill champ who would be used more often??
Now I am not saying that I want to wait for fury or aegon to use these items but even champs like massacre,bwdo,squirrel girl etc who aren’t game breaking by any means but can be used in stuff like act 6 would fit my criteria of usable champs
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,808 ★★★★★
    I personally ranked up an unduped Killmonger in order to get the title. To be honest I would rank up even Hawkeye if he was my only choice. Also don’t forget Hawkeye will be unfortunately buffed sooner or later.
    Depends on how you value a t5cc and how close you are on forming another.
  • Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Love the title, and I'd hold for 2-3 days and if you don't get anyone better than hawkeye, I'd do it before the gift opens
  • SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

I personally ranked up an unduped Killmonger in order to get the title. To be honest I would rank up even Hawkeye if he was my only choice. Also don’t forget Hawkeye will be unfortunately buffed sooner or later.
    Depends on how you value a t5cc and how close you are on forming another.

Closest is mystic with slightly over 50% formed and another 25% from the 7.1 exploration selector would put it at flow to 80% with doom waiting for that t5cc...
    If it was only the t5cc then I would have used it on hawk eye but the rankup gem and the ag complicate things a bit for me as the present collection of resources gives me a chance to quickly r3 a usable skill champ
  • SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Id wait if you're considering taking up other good champs and not hoarding for NF and Aegon. KM, Falcon and Elsa are all in the featured as well.
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    what a title
  • I’d pull the trigger to be honest. They’re both on my buff list, and the TB calendar/crystals are pretty dope compared to the Cavalier ones. Unless we get a 5* generic from the Christmas present along with the Cavaliers, the only way is up and if it follows the pattern, there’s a chance at a 6* AG.

As you’ve got a lot of Act 6 and 7 to go, judging by your % towards others you’re going to form more in the next couple of months anyway.
  • TheMailmannTheMailmann Posts: 120 ★★
    I wouldn’t take hawkeye to r3. like you said, even decent champs like masacre, bwdo would be worth it. after ranking up my first r3, it made me realize that it would take a really long time for my next r3 so each r3 should at least be good enough to be in your main team
  • Osfan8Osfan8 Posts: 760 ★★★
    If you’re a spender, do some gifting, hopefully get some 6* shards and try to get a better skill champ. I really like Hawkeye when I use him but he’s certainly not a top skill champ.

If you decide rank him (1) you don’t have to awaken him right away if you do rank him up and (2) once you’re TB you won’t worry about that other catalysts nearly as much.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    i would say to wait because if u pull a NF u can instantely awaken him and then Rank 3 him.
    If you take up Hawkeye and then get NF you"ll feel bad for the rest of the time u play MCOC
  • CliffordcanCliffordcan Posts: 1,341 ★★★★
    Save it all for Fury
    Thanks for the help guys...will let u guys know what I end up deciding
  • PrentexPrentex Posts: 275
    I took up duped Punisher 2099 to R3, i would suggest to get the TB title sooner, the daily crystals are by far better than the cavalier ones, the monthly calendar also is better.
    In the daily crystals i get a 5 star champ every once in a while and even 6 star shards.
    And Hawkeye is still a good power control champ, but obviously he is not worth an awakening gem tho

Just my opinion
  • Aaronc94Aaronc94 Posts: 221 ★★
    edited December 2020
    I would rank 3 Hawkeye but i would save the awakening gem, Hawkeye is a great power control champ and he should be buffed in some time, i say he's still a little underrated, the title alone worth it, u will get more r3s in the near future and we all know the game is focused on thronebreakers at the moment , no one knows how long will it take u to get a better skill champ, it could be a long time ... wait until 24 to see if u get a better one, if not i would do it without doubt
  • Hey @SidDDragon, this thread has been moved from General Discussion to the Strategy and Tips section as it is the most appropriate place for it.

When posting new discussions in the future, please take a moment to review the different sections and choose the most relevant one. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please reach out to a Moderator via Private Message.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    I would wait. The Christmas gift alone is not worth taking Hawkeye to rank 3. You’ll hopefully get a good or at least decent skill champion soon and if you don’t you can always rank 3 that doom when you got a mystic t5cc. Because you’re close to that and your choices are Hawkeye and BPCV I’d wait.
  • Ab_SamadAb_Samad Posts: 380 ★★
    I'd say wait, tb isn't going anywhere sure you will take lesser rewards but hey at least you'll save that gems and t5cc for some worthy champs.
  • yeah i wouldnt rank either of the two. WHile tb is nice and all, so far ive basically pulled t4b constantly from the daily. It is not gamebreaking or anything. Id wait a month or so to see if you can top those garbage champs.
    Can’t believe this actually happened

After last night’s t5cc opening I exchanged a bunch of ggc and explored cav monthly and got enough shards to open my last 6* before Christmas and the only thing in my mind...please just be a usable skill and I pop the crystal and out comes this beautiful thing...
    So this concludes the story of TB or not to be
    A big thanks to everyone who took some time to read my question and give their opinions