**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

HYPERION!!!!

SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
edited December 2020 in Strategy and Tips
I just pulled a 5* Hyperion!! I don't have an AG but can he still do 6.2.2 Sinister? Any tips on how to use him? Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    HYPERION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    parry heavy sp2 spam
    yeah he can do 6.2.2
  • Options
    Moot4Life said:

parry heavy sp2 spam
    yeah he can do 6.2.2

Unawakened too?
  • Options
    Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    Yeah. He gets less damage and less power gain, but he can still kick relative booty regardless. If you have a gem for him, I would go for it (maybe a gem will be the Xmas gift)
  • Options

Yeah. He gets less damage and less power gain, but he can still kick relative booty regardless. If you have a gem for him, I would go for it (maybe a gem will be the Xmas gift)

I used my generic already and I don't have a cosmic one
  • Options
    Revan0607Revan0607 Posts: 53

I just pulled a 5* Hyperion!! I don't have an AG but can he still do 6.2.2 Sinister? Any tips on how to use him? Thanks!

hyperion is overrated. he just has too much RNG for me. too many instances where ill throw 3 rounds of heavies and not get a single fury
  • Options

Oh nice! Good pick! If you weren’t aware already, he only needs to be at sig 20 to get +70% duration. Sig200 is +75% duration.
  • Options

Oh nice! Good pick! If you weren’t aware already, he only needs to be at sig 20 to get +70% duration. Sig200 is +75% duration.
    Oh I meant I already used my gem (nick) and I don't have one for Hype XD
  • Options

Oh I meant I already used my gem (nick) and I don't have one for Hype XD
    Lmao rip. Nick is still an excellent choice
  • Options
    Warlord5386Warlord5386 Posts: 245 ★★
    He was nerfed earlier you may be able to one shot him this time.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★

Moot4Life said:

parry heavy sp2 spam
    yeah he can do 6.2.2

Unawakened too?
    His sig ability increases the duration of his buffs by 65%-75%. Good at sig 1. It will be handy against Sinister but he can do it unduped. Parry-Heavy for the furies.
  • Options
    anaLysis_anaLysis_ Posts: 259 ★★★

I used my r4 unawakened hype to solo the sinister, it takes longer but it’s still definitely doable
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,724 ★★★
    Parry, heavy to build up furies then either sp2 or sp3 and repeat
  • Options
    LmaoLmao Posts: 846 ★★★
    He might be more difficult to do the 6.2.2 Mr sinister now that kabam "nerfed" that fight. Mr. Sinister gains power like crazy.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    It'll be fine. Boost the hell out of him, perhaps looks at synergies that increase buff duration and go nuts. Sinister loves throwing the SP1 so don't be tempted to use your SP1.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    Just out of curiosity, how many of you that run suicides use Hyperion regularly?

Are you okay with only using the sp3? Feels like he misses a bunch of utility not being able to sp1 intercept (due to recoil)
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    GagoH said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you that run suicides use Hyperion regularly?

Are you okay with only using the sp3? Feels like he misses a bunch of utility not being able to sp1 intercept (due to recoil)

I’ve tried. In most average questing they’re dead in an sp2 with a few furies. Stuff like UC EQ, act 5 and early act 6. However for stuff like cav EQ, late act 6 and other longer fights, I typically use sp3s and finish with an sp2 to take less recoil damage. However if it’s that long I usually just bring someone else
  • Options
    Hey @SaltE_Wenis69, we have various sections in these Forums to help us keep everything organized in a way that allows everyone to find existing discussions about specific topics more easily.

I've went ahead and moved this thread from General Discussion to the Strategy and Tips section as it is the most appropriate place for it.

When posting new discussions in the future, please take a moment to review the different sections and choose the most appropriate one. If you have any questions or concerns about this, please reach out to a Moderator via Private Message.
  • Options
    MCOCHazzaMCOCHazza Posts: 841 ★★★
    GagoH said:

As for potential missed utility, his lack of sp1 spam means you can’t cancel healing with despair and can’t utilise his non contact beams as effectively
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★
    GagoH said:

Well, I turned on suicides for variant 2 exploration and used my Hyperion for most of it. With max coagulate, he barely loses any damage from the bleed, and I mostly used the dpxf and Nick synergy which healed him for 10% every fight. Since it's variant 2, I stocked to heavies and special 3. Fights barely last with that strat, and the next special 1/2 you throw is a ko
  • Options

He was nerfed earlier you may be able to one shot him this time.

Wair what was his nerf? What changed?
  • Options
    Kill_Grey said:

GagoH said:

Well, I turned on suicides for variant 2 exploration and used my Hyperion for most of it. With max coagulate, he barely loses any damage from the bleed, and I mostly used the dpxf and Nick synergy which healed him for 10% every fight. Since it's variant 2, I stocked to heavies and special 3. Fights barely last with that strat, and the next special 1/2 you throw is a ko
    Wait variant 2 is the small and big variant right? So he can be used in that variant and what else?
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

GagoH said:

Wait variant 2 is the small and big variant right? So he can be used in that variant and what else?
    He can be used in all variants except variant 5 and 6 since he isn't allowed/fill the requirements. I wouldn't recommend him for variant 3 either because of the attack reduction, although his furies do compensate for that.