**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Iron Fist Buff Idea

Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159
edited December 2020 in Suggestions and Requests
Okay, so we all know Iron Fist needs a buff. He’s not the only one, but I think he’s the most exciting, because there’s no prerequisite. Like, Juggernaut is unstoppable. When he gets his buff, he will be unstoppable. But Iron fist is a blank slate. He could be anything. So this is my idea, but I really want to hear yours.

IRON FIST

Insert base stats here

PASSIVE

Increase physical resistance by 5% for each Debuff on him.

Iron fist forces the opponent into a battle of pure skill, nullifying a buff every time he strikes.

Whenever Iron fist nullifies an opponents buff, he gains a 5% cruelty passive.

When Iron fist lands a critical hit, remove one cruelty passive.

FIST OF IRON (It’s hard to come up with original names for this stuff)

Iron fist’s base critical rating is 0.
Charging a heavy attack grants an infinite duration precision buff increasing critical hit chance by 10%.

At 10 precision buffs, replace them all with a fist of iron passive for 5 seconds, increasing critical hit chance by 100% and doubling critical damage rating.

Iron fist can’t take damage from passive damage back effects while in Fist of Iron.

Landing a hit pauses fist of iron for 0.5 seconds.

Charging a heavy pauses fist of Iron.

When Fist of Iron would expire, consume all cruelty passives and pause its duration for every passive removed this way.

No additional precision buffs can be gained during Fist of Iron.

After Fist of Iron expires, Iron Fist can’t gain precision for 10 seconds.

IRON WILL (yes, I just went there)

Iron Fist’s rigorous physical training prevents him from taking more than 5% of health in a single hit.

When this damage cap is reached, and when Iron Fist would be knocked, the excess damage is stored in a 10 second battle wounds Debuff.

When battle wounds expires, take the damage as a burst of physical damage.

When Iron Fist would receive a damage over time Debuff, it’s replaced with an equally damaging battle wounds Debuff.

Anyway, I’m out of steam for now. But I think this buff would definitely take him off the bench, How about you?

Comments

• I think it’s great! It’s also nice to see someone else on the forums as well. I think the guaranteed nullify might be a little too powerful, and perhaps just put it either in Mediums or all of them but with a small chance. For an Awakened ability, I would add something similar to Doctor Voodoo’s Loa buffs, placing Chi buffs on the opponent so he can be sure to have something to nullify even in low buff matches.
  • Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159

I think it’s great! It’s also nice to see someone else on the forums as well. I think the guaranteed nullify might be a little too powerful, and perhaps just put it either in Mediums or all of them but with a small chance. For an Awakened ability, I would add something similar to Doctor Voodoo’s Loa buffs, placing Chi buffs on the opponent so he can be sure to have something to nullify even in low buff matches.

Guaranteed nullifies might be too overpowered, but I don’t think so. I think that because this is all hypothetical, it’s more of a matter of personal opinion. As for the awakened ability, that’s a great idea! After I wrote this, I realized I didn’t put an awakened ability, but my brain was too tired to think of anything else. I like champions like voodoo or mojo that place buffs on the opponent to use as a resource, so I think it would be perfect for the next Iron Fist.
  • Mars_UltorMars_Ultor Posts: 159
    edited January 2021
    ARISE, ONCE AGAIN, MY COMMENT! RISE ONCE AGAIN INTO NEW AND SHARE YOUR GENIUS WITH ALL THE WORLD!!!
  • Okay, so we all know Iron Fist needs a buff. He’s not the only one, but I think he’s the most exciting, because there’s no prerequisite. Like, Juggernaut is unstoppable. When he gets his buff, he will be unstoppable. But Iron fist is a blank slate. He could be anything. So this is my idea, but I really want to hear yours.

I think it’s an amazing idea!
  • poha1125poha1125 Posts: 1
    For an iron fist buff I think he should just get higher critical rating and better damage
    he will become quite good
    stuff like unblockable and true strike wont hurt though