**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Domino is no longer a top 20 mutant.

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
Before I begin this analysis, I'd like to begin by saying that utility>damage. This will be important for all of my champion comparisons. Both utility and damage are very important but utility is what gets you out of a tricky fight with tough nodes. You're not gonna bring Iron Fist against biohazard Korg, are you? You're gonna bring Apocalypse, Omega Red, or Gambit, for example. Imma try to do my best to say why I think x champion is more useful than Domino because I really feel Domino has no place in the game anymore and needs an update to her utility through a buff or a synergy. She suffers the same problem as Korg, a great defender and only a decent attacker when paired with synergies.

The following list will not be in order (instead in alphabetical order), but rather 20 mutants I believe to be more useful than Domino utility wise, which wins you difficult fights. Some explanations will be shorter while others will be longer.

Apocalypse - Tons of utility, consistent immunities, and huge special attacks. Buffs up the entire mutant class.

Archangel - DOT god, AAR god

Cable (with Apocalypse synergy) - Both Domino and Cable have little utility, however Cable (especially as a horseman) can regenerate a large chunk of his health every time he crosses a power threshold and can gain power once awakened. His degeneration debuffs, in which only robots are immune to, are extremely potent. He has other small pieces of utility, but they aren't that good.

Colossus - 6 immunities, extremely tanky, consistent insane damage

Emma Frost - Lots of utility, evade counter, tanky, tons of immunities

Gambit (even better as Horseman) - Gambit by himself is better than Domino, but as a horseman, he can achieve 9 hit combos through 1 parry, which is insanely useful. That is in addition to his normal abilities, in which he can counter passive damage back with his medium, heavy, and special attacks, he can reduce regen/power rate, and has -150% bleed resistance (unlike Domino's terrible 50% bleed resistance that is temporary and its length is RNG dependent). He also has a +300% special attack damage with 10 prowess buffs, which are extremely easy to get now with his buff.

Havok - Tons of utility, insane energy resistance, incinerate immune, huge special attacks, huge DOT, non contact energy attacks

Iceman - Triple immunities, evade counter, tanky, can tank sp3s, Havok counter, and can do solid damage with coldsnap and frostbite

Magneto - Metal destroyer, insane utility and damage, nuff said

Magneto House of X - Metal destroyer as well (extremely potent 70% AAR compared to Domino's terrible 15% AAR), huge special attacks, utility machine, bleed immune. Can also place passive stuns on the opponent instead of stun debuffs on a parry.

Namor - At sig 200, can reflect ALL damage taken on him to the opponent. Absolutely insane ability. Also can hit really hard once ramped up and can regen some health.

Old Man Logan - can regenerate a lot of health, has powerful critical bleeds, access to many fury buffs that increase his damage, immune to ability accuracy modification, can armor break, bleed debuffs are 95% less potent, deals extra damage on the opponent for purified debuffs

Omega Red - Insane DOT, 90% bleed resistance, poison immune, suicide king, AW king, regeneration, ignores all passive damage back with tentacle hits

Professor X - Easy access to evade and miss counter, huge special attacks, can power control through mind control, immune to reversed controls

Horseman Psylocke - Can keep the opponent power locked for the entire fight, massive burst off psi charge damage to end off a fight, huge critical rating with the horseman synergy, can power drain and power gain when power draining under a threshold of power

Rogue - Lots of utility, powerful regeneration off sp1, ALL debuffs have 70% reduced duration, power drain off sp2 (even stronger as horseman with more special attack damage), can replicate buffs which could lead to insane buff combinations and possibilities

Sabretooth (even better with Sasquatch synergy) - Coldsnap and frostbite immune, absolutely insane damage, can do Labyrinth of Legends and Abyss of Legends (needs Sasquatch synergy), can regenerate health, has consistent non-RNG reliant damage

Storm (Pyramid X) (even better as a horseman) - Tons of utility through passive stun anti-purify counter (Annihilus and Korg counter, let's see Domino take those fights easily), huge special attacks, can be a full evade counter with long lasting frostbite off sp1, can be coldsnap or shock immune (shock immune is very rare and useful), among other pieces of utility

Sunspot - Has immense control over the fight with his playstyle, can apply tons of incinerates on the opponent, huge special attacks, consistent perfect block, incinerate immunity, large power gain off siphoning incinerate debuffs onto himself

Horseman Wolverine - Absolutely insane (Possibly the best mutant in the game). Can almost not die with his insane regeneration, bleed resistance, and insane bleed damage (consistent critical bleeds unlike the RNG dependent Domino who has a chance to not proc bleeds let alone critical bleeds on special attacks).

Wolverine (Weapon X) - Immune to regeneration rate modification, insane consistent bleed damage, can go unstoppable and unblockable allowing aggressive play, insane regeneration

Hence, Domino is the 22nd best mutant champion in the game. Feel free to break down this analysis. Don't come in with a message saying "This is so stupid and ridiculous" cuz I'd like to see Domino do any of what the champions above do better.

Comments

• Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    oh no
  • Options
    Moot4Life said:

I want to argue but I can't... Everything is so right and beautiful. 11/10
    Everybody who disagrees is in denial

I can always count on your knowledgeable opinions :)
  • Options

You forgot X23, so she is technically 23rd best.... and you could make the argument that Bishop is also better, at least in certain matchups. And maybe even Mister Sinister as well.

They were up there, but I decided they didn't make the cut because Domino's damage > their utility imo. Bishop's utility is miles ahead of Domino's damage, but his damage is terrible apart from the occasional special attack. They are similar, but I think people would use Domino more.
  • Options

utility>damage but you bash on Killmonger huh

cuz I don't believe Killmonger has much utility
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

Yeah in no situation am I going to take OML over Domino

Enjoy killing yourself with Domino on caltrops or biohazard then
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    edited December 2020
    While Utility is much more important than Damage, you really need an in-between. Dormammu for example has some of the best power control in the game, but he hits like a pillow. I agree with a lot of these points, but some don't strike the right balance of damage and utility. I'd call Domino #11 in the Mutant class behind:

Omega Red
    Magneto
    Archangel
    Apocalypse
    Colossus
    Havok
    Sunspot
    Namor
    Emma Frost
    Professor X

All those champions have much more than enough damage to keep up in Endgame content but they also have strong utility that Domino just doesn't have.
  • Options
    Ebony_Naw said:

Wait, we're putting horsemen on the list, but not considering horseman domino? This list is a parody, right? This is complete madness. Even as someone who is not a fan, how do you put white mags, psylocke, OML, and Gambit before her? There is no universe where this is true. I'd argue with some others, but I don't see a genuine case for any of those.

?

Horseman Domino doesn't gain anything but stronger special attacks and bleed resistance, which all horesman get. She doesn't gain any utility at all. She still has terrible utility. Psylocke and OML are on her level, they are possibly worse than her.

But White Mags and Gambit are LEAGUES ahead of Domino. White Mags has a consistent 70% AAR the ENTIRE fight, huge consistent special attacks, access to consistent debuffs, full bleed immunity, easy access to armor break, and a prefight that gives him the ability to place a passive stun instead of a stun debuff on parries. Gambit can ignore ALL passive damage back through his medium, heavy, and special attacks (let's see Domino do that), he has -150% bleed resistance, can chain stun, can reduce combat power rate and regeneration through stun debuffs, can achieve 9 hit combos, can perfect block the ENTIRE fight (making him possibly the most sustainable champion in the entire game as a horseman), and has massive consistent special attacks that can be built up easily through prowess buffs.
  • Options
    HI_guys said:

HI_guys said:

What the actual????
    Yeah keep putting question marks for the amount of revives (????????????????????) you're gonna use using Domino against caltrops or biohazard.
  • Options
    Etjama said:

While Utility is much more important than Damage, you really need an in-between. Dormammu for example has some of the best power control in the game, but he hits like a pillow. I agree with a lot of these points, but some don't strike the right balance of damage and utility. I'd call Domino #11 in the Mutant class behind:

Omega Red
    Magneto
    Archangel
    Apocalypse
    Colossus
    Havok
    Sunspot
    Namor
    Emma Frost
    Professor X

All those champions have much more than enough damage to keep up in Endgame content but they also have strong utility that Domino just doesn't have.

Fair enough but Gambit and White Magneto definitely deserve to be on that list, both have galaxies of more utility than Domino and both can hit very hard and their damage is not RNG reliant.
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

HI_guys said:

Horseman Domino exists.
    OML can do those nodes without being a horseman :)
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

Omega Red
    Magneto
    Archangel
    Apocalypse
    Colossus
    Havok
    Sunspot
    Namor
    Emma Frost
    Professor X

Fair enough but Gambit and White Magneto definitely deserve to be on that list, both have galaxies of more utility than Domino and both can hit very hard and their damage is not RNG reliant.
    I don't agree on White Mags, but Gambit could very well be up there. I just haven't seen enough from him to say so.
  • Options

H3t3r said:

HI_guys said:

Horseman Domino exists.
    OML loses damage though...
  • Options

Horsemen Domino is really good. She can do all the bleed nodes and has extra ability accuracy.

15% AAR * 1.3 (+30% Offensive ability accuracy) = 19.5% AAR

Yeah still terrible
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

HI_guys said:

Horseman Domino exists.
    As if OML with 15 furies and his critical bleeds is bad damage
  • Options

H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

HI_guys said:

Horseman Domino exists.
    As if OML with 15 furies and his critical bleeds is bad damage
    You clearly don't understand how OML works. To get DAMAGE you get rid of your regen. Which means no bleed resistance.
  • Options
    MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★

Horsemen Domino is really good. She can do all the bleed nodes and has extra ability accuracy.

Yeah still terrible
    Give me a really hard piece of bleed content or just tough stuff. I want to try something. Act 7, 6, variants. Hit me with something and ill come back with something good.
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    edited December 2020

Yeah still terrible
    Give me a really hard piece of bleed content or just tough stuff. I want to try something. Act 7, 6, variants. Hit me with something and ill come back with something good.
    Theres the biohazard in 6.3.1 or caltrops in 6.3.2
  • Options

Yeah still terrible
    6.3.6 left path (caltrops)

It's not really hard but it's the hardest I can think of
  • Options
    H3t3r said:

Yeah still terrible
    Theres the biohazard in 6.3.1 or caltrops in 6.3.2
    oh yeah this is a good one, you can do the encroaching stun biohazard (or caltrops I forgot) path in 6.3.2, that will be a true test of Domino's power.