**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stronger AUD means Australian players are being overcharged for in game cash offers

BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★
The AUD is been steadily rising against the USD - Spot now is $AUD0.7685 yet Kabam are charging Australian players a rate of $AUD0.625

($USD100/$AUD159.99 = 0.625)

Take the current Tier 5 cat daily card which is currently priced at $AUD159.99

Using the spot rate it should be priced around $AUD130.00

so my question to Kabam is this. When will you give Australian players a better deal on the in game cash offers?

Even if you made the currency conversion to $AUD0.70 then at least the Tier 5 cat daily card would be approx $AUD143

Tks

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,632 Guardian
    edited January 2021
    It is Apple/Google that sets the conversion Prices that they charge for purchases thru Apps.

And I believe that Apps just specify the Tier Levels for their different purchases (instead of an actual price), and then Apple/Google assign actual prices to those different levels. (in addition to the various currency conversions).

And also whether Tax is included in the stated amount up front, or if Tax (if any, depending on your location) is added as an afterward during the actual Purchase process.

(and Kabam is a Canadian company, not U.S.)
  • BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,547 ★★★★

It is Apple/Google that sets the conversion Prices that they charge for purchases thru Apps.

And I believe that Apps just specify the Tier Levels for their different purchases (instead of an actual price), and then Apple/Google assign actual prices to those different levels. (in addition to the various currency conversions).

And also whether Tax is included in the stated amount up front, or if Tax (if any, depending on your location) is added as an afterward during the actual Purchase process.

We’re still being ripped off re the currency. The tier 5 cat deal is priced at $USD100 while in $AUD it’s $159.99

Who ever is in charge needs to give us Aussies a better rate.
  • Batman_bruce31Batman_bruce31 Posts: 205 ★★
    Same with indian currency but Google or Apple are the ones who control this kind of stuff.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    U.K. has been paying more than us by conversion for as long as I remember, I think it’s Apple/android not kabam
  • H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian
    Lvernon15 said:

U.K. has been paying more than us by conversion for as long as I remember, I think it’s Apple/android not kabam

Canadian is paying the correct conversion amount(I think). Weird that other currencys are paying higher.
  • Also, do you pay additional Tax on top of the stated game price (in Australia) ? Or do you only pay the stated in-game price ?

In most US states, Tax is added on afterward (up and above what the game price says). So take that into account when comparing also.
  • DjinDjin Posts: 1,962 ★★★★★

Same with indian currency but Google or Apple are the ones who control this kind of stuff.

In India we have to pay additional tax. Open any app on PlayStore and swipe all the way to the bottom. It's written there "All prices include GST."
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,018 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

We’re still being ripped off re the currency. The tier 5 cat deal is priced at $USD100 while in $AUD it’s $159.99

He literally just told you that Google and Apple set the prices.

Also, do you pay additional Tax on top of the stated game price (in Australia) ? Or do you only pay the stated in-game price ?

In most US states, Tax is added on afterward (up and above what the game price says). So take that into account when comparing also.

The price we pay here in Australia is GST (tax) inclusive. Whoever makes the call to charge us Aussies needs to review the pricing...

Bulmkt said:

He literally just told you that Google and Apple set the prices.
    You here to add to the post or just be a difficult?
  • Lvernon15 said:

Yeah, Apple added 20% to their prices in UK when we had the referendum ‘cause the pound dropped a bit. Needless to say they didn’t reverse it when it recovered
  • xNigxNig Posts: 7,248 ★★★★★
    Wait... so you’re saying that when the AUD dropped initially, the prices should have been raised?
  • Bulmkt said:

The price we pay here in Australia is GST (tax) inclusive.

That's why I’m saying you could be comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges. (besides for the differences in Currency)

The quoted in-game price in one country INCLUDES any VAT/GST/Tax in what you see in the game offer, while in another country the quoted in-game price is WITHOUT that tax (which is not added in until later in the final purchase price).

Below is an old post about the issue of different currency costs in general ...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/56566/unit-costs-and-currency-variations#latest

Bulmkt said:

The price we pay here in Australia is GST (tax) inclusive.

That's why I’m saying you could be comparing apples (no pun intended) to oranges. (besides for the differences in Currency)

The quoted in-game price in one country INCLUDES any VAT/GST/Tax in what you see in the game offer, while in another country the quoted in-game price is WITHOUT that tax (which is not added in until later in the final purchase price).

Below is an old post about the issue of different currency costs in general ...

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/56566/unit-costs-and-currency-variations#latest
    GST included we’re still being ripped off on cash deals...

Tks for the link