**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What are your predictions for 2021?

IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★
Here are some of my predictions I have made on the champion puzzle for this new year's champs. Some were too tricky and obscure to discern but I think I did a good job on a majority of them.

Comments

• Options
    Crcrcrc said:

IceBro said:

This is a general list of the champions I think they will add month by month together:

• Kitty Pride and Nimrod
    • Spiderman Noir and Spiderman 2099
    • SW Sigil and Photon
    • Black Panther (Dora Milaje) and Silver Centurion
    • Nova (Frankie Raye), and Psycho Man
    • Shang Chi and Mandarin
    • Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    • Absolute Carnage and Knull
    • Ares and Hercules
    • Black Cat and TBD
    • Super Skrull
    I completely agree with this list. It makes sense. That symbiote month would be so amazing.
    Yeah I'm really excited for the potential symbiote month. Absolute Carnage would be an insane addition and would be even more violent than Red Goblin and Carnage combined.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

Crcrcrc said:

IceBro said:

This is a general list of the champions I think they will add month by month together:

• Kitty Pride and Nimrod
    • SW Sigil and Photon
    • Shang Chi and Mandarin
    • Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    • Ares and Hercules
    • Black Cat and TBD
    • Super Skrull
    I completely agree with this list. It makes sense. That symbiote month would be so amazing.
    Yeah I'm really excited for the potential symbiote month. Absolute Carnage would be an insane addition and would be even more violent than Red Goblin and Carnage combined.
    Carnage has always been one of my favorite characters and the Absolute Carnage series is really cool, so he could be incredible in the game.
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    I love symbiotes too
  • Options
    RU11011RU11011 Posts: 880 ★★★★
    IceBro said:

• Kitty Pride and Nimrod
    • SW Sigil and Photon
    • Shang Chi and Mandarin
    • Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    • Ares and Hercules
    • Black Cat and TBD
    • Super Skrull
    As soon as I saw the connection between Galactus and Surfer, I immediately thought Beta Ray Bill. Now, I see that there's two chances at Bill, with the direct connection to Odin. 2021, hopefully it happens.
  • Options
    RU11011 said:

IceBro said:

• Kitty Pride and Nimrod
    • SW Sigil and Photon
    • Shang Chi and Mandarin
    • Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    • Ares and Hercules
    • Black Cat and TBD
    • Super Skrull
    As soon as I saw the connection between Galactus and Surfer, I immediately thought Beta Ray Bill. Now, I see that there's two chances at Bill, with the direct connection to Odin. 2021, hopefully it happens.
    I think it can either be Beta Ray Bill or Valkyrie but I think they might be saving an MCU Valkyrie for the release of the new Thor movie next year. That spot could even be Enchantress or Skurge.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    only problem with this list is one month would be Eternals related and another would be Spider-Man 3 related.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,812 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

RU11011 said:

IceBro said:

• Kitty Pride and Nimrod
    • SW Sigil and Photon
    • Shang Chi and Mandarin
    • Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    • Ares and Hercules
    • Black Cat and TBD
    • Super Skrull
    I think it can either be Beta Ray Bill or Valkyrie but I think they might be saving an MCU Valkyrie for the release of the new Thor movie next year. That spot could even be Enchantress or Skurge.
    That one linked to the big Asgardian could also be Sif. She's rumoured to be in Loki.
  • Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★
    I'm thinking Blastaar instead of Psycho Man. Blastaar is an enemy of both Annihilus and the F4, so it would make more sense to me since he's connected to both

Also Lady Loki instead of Beta Ray Bill just because we've already seen her in the Loki trailer and Loki's being released this year.

I'm also thinking Iron Spider instead of Noir purely because he's been teased in some sort of MCoC picture for a really long time.

Plus I'm feeling Quicksilver where Photon is, especially since it could be super cool to introduce both I'm and Sigil Witch in the same month, and then replace Iron Lad (I'm pretty sure we've all decided that's Iron Lad) with Photon since Iron Lad has no ties to Captain Marvel.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Etjama said:

I'm thinking Blastaar instead of Psycho Man. Blastaar is an enemy of both Annihilus and the F4, so it would make more sense to me since he's connected to both

Also Lady Loki instead of Beta Ray Bill just because we've already seen her in the Loki trailer and Loki's being released this year.

I'm also thinking Iron Spider instead of Noir purely because he's been teased in some sort of MCoC picture for a really long time.

Plus I'm feeling Quicksilver where Photon is, especially since it could be super cool to introduce both I'm and Sigil Witch in the same month, and then replace Iron Lad (I'm pretty sure we've all decided that's Iron Lad) with Photon since Iron Lad has no ties to Captain Marvel.

That's actually Immortus from what I've heard. They could be setting up a storyline involving CMM and Skrulls in act 7. Her involvement in the act 6 story is what led me to believe this. As for Blastarr... I think that the person connected to Invisible Woman specifically would be the person who turns her into Malice and we'd fight her in the EQ maybe somewhere in the Negative Zone and that's where Annihilus comes along. I also chose Spidey Noir because of his connections to Miles Morales.
  • Options

only problem with this list is one month would be Eternals related and another would be Spider-Man 3 related.

The 2 Spiderverse champs could be related to the movie considering it's likely a multiverse movie. Then maybe the two eternals could be in the bottom left corner? I'm thinking that Hercules could be linked to Hyperion and maybe Ares to guillotine and morningstar.
  • Options
    CtuchikCtuchik Posts: 352 ★★
    All I really want and think will happen is the arrival of Galactus
  • Options
    Bgchow13Bgchow13 Posts: 39
    Asgardian Section

A block that big has to be reserved for Odin, but I disagree with the speculation that the smaller one is for Beta Ray Bill. All the characters linked to that piece are Odin's children. I hope, and would pay good money if, it is Stormbreaker Thor, but I am going to make a long shot guess that it is Baldr (or Balder, or Baldur). With Thor: Love & Thunder coming out in May 2022 it is hard to say how that will impact which Thor related characters will be released in 2021.

Symbiote Section

Knull is my guess for the big piece. With Apoclypse and possibly Odin entering The Contest Kabam is definitely not afraid of dropping some heavy hitters.

The second offshoot piece is going to be another obscure guess: Gorr the God Butcher. He would be a character with a direct link to Knull while other Symbiote characters like Anti-Venom and Toxin would be linked to Venom and Carnage. He would also make for a worthy adversary, and a great synergy, for Stormbreaker Thor if he was added to The Contest.

The Next Herald

Red Shift. I understand the desire for it to be Frankie Raye, but she ended up romantically involved with Johnny Storm. Only one line is drawn from that puzzle piece and it goes to Silver Surfer. I think the next Herald in line should be Morg the Executioner, but The Contest is starting to get overcrowded with axe-wielding villains.

Professor X Connection

Legion/David Haller

Sentinel Connection

I think the runner-up from the the Summoners Choice Champion Vote, Omega Sentinel, will occupy that spot.

Wakanda 2021

I want to say that Shuri would be the obvious crossover character for Realm of Champions, but I am assuming Marvel would want to release a character like her around the time Black Panther 2 is released.

Ulysses Klaw would be an interesting choice for that other node, but I don’t think it would happen this year.

WandaVision Baby

Scarlett Witch and Vision had twin magic babies that were consumed by Mephisto. Could be one of them. The more popular one was Wiccan.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    IceBro said:

RU11011 said:

IceBro said:

• Kitty Pride and Nimrod
    • SW Sigil and Photon
    • Shang Chi and Mandarin
    • Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    • Ares and Hercules
    • Black Cat and TBD
    • Super Skrull
    Who’s enchantress again? Cuz my dumb as* is still in the injustice 2 world rn
  • Options
    Catmanndo said:

Thinking there’s a Morbius under Elsa-Blade spot

With the Morbius movie getting released this year (supposedly) that makes a lot of sense. I’m just wondering if they planned on doing that why he was included on the Summoner's Choice ballot.

• Options
    Bgchow13 said:

Asgardian Section

A block that big has to be reserved for Odin, but I disagree with the speculation that the smaller one is for Beta Ray Bill. All the characters linked to that piece are Odin's children. I hope, and would pay good money if, it is Stormbreaker Thor, but I am going to make a long shot guess that it is Baldr (or Balder, or Baldur). With Thor: Love & Thunder coming out in May 2022 it is hard to say how that will impact which Thor related characters will be released in 2021.

Symbiote Section

Knull is my guess for the big piece. With Apoclypse and possibly Odin entering The Contest Kabam is definitely not afraid of dropping some heavy hitters.

The second offshoot piece is going to be another obscure guess: Gorr the God Butcher. He would be a character with a direct link to Knull while other Symbiote characters like Anti-Venom and Toxin would be linked to Venom and Carnage. He would also make for a worthy adversary, and a great synergy, for Stormbreaker Thor if he was added to The Contest.

The Next Herald

Red Shift. I understand the desire for it to be Frankie Raye, but she ended up romantically involved with Johnny Storm. Only one line is drawn from that puzzle piece and it goes to Silver Surfer. I think the next Herald in line should be Morg the Executioner, but The Contest is starting to get overcrowded with axe-wielding villains.

Professor X Connection

Legion/David Haller

Sentinel Connection

I think the runner-up from the the Summoners Choice Champion Vote, Omega Sentinel, will occupy that spot.

Wakanda 2021

I want to say that Shuri would be the obvious crossover character for Realm of Champions, but I am assuming Marvel would want to release a character like her around the time Black Panther 2 is released.

Ulysses Klaw would be an interesting choice for that other node, but I don’t think it would happen this year.

WandaVision Baby

Scarlett Witch and Vision had twin magic babies that were consumed by Mephisto. Could be one of them. The more popular one was Wiccan.

the prof x connection has to be Kitty Pryde
  • Options
    RockypantherxRockypantherx Posts: 3,900 ★★★★★
    Etjama said:

Hate to break it to you, Gabe already deconfirmed Blaastar on Twitter. It’s even more obscure apparently. I’ve heard ‘Nega-Man’ or whatever his name is batted around
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★

IceBro said:

RU11011 said:

IceBro said:

• Kitty Pride and Nimrod
    • SW Sigil and Photon
    • Shang Chi and Mandarin
    • Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    • Ares and Hercules
    • Black Cat and TBD
    • Super Skrull
    Who’s enchantress again? Cuz my dumb as* is still in the injustice 2 world rn
    Oh nvm shes just a copy of the dc version, or is it the other way around?
  • Options
    @SpideyFunko You're probably right. The links to Colossus and Storm make that much more plausible.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Is it just me, or is there space for most, if not all, of the champion choice characters?
  • Options
    Bgchow13 said:

@SpideyFunko You're probably right. The links to Colossus and Storm make that much more plausible.

and Wolverine. He was her mentor
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    Unlinked boxes below Defenders
    Shang-Chi and the Mandarin

Spider-verse
    Spider-man 2099 and Spider-Noir

Kabam Originals with Hercules
    I guess the question box highlighted red is Hercules and he will be in a storyline with one or two of Kabam Original characters.

Below Elsa and above Inhumans
    Eternals: Ikaris and Kro

Mutantkind and Sentinel
    Colossus, Storm, and Wolverine were recruited as X-men in one of the most iconic comic book issue, Giant Size X-Men #1 in 1975. It helped revitalize X-Men and was the start of a better era. I guess the champion in between those three will be someone from the same pages. Sunfire, Banshee, or Thunderbird. The only flaw in this is Nightcrawler should also be linked.

This can also be Kitty Pride if X-Men Gold is being considered as she is the leader and she will warn the X-Men of a mutant extinction level threat, the one linked to Sentinel who will be Nimrod. It was supposed to be Omega Sentinel but she lost.

Hyperion link
    A member of the Squadron Supreme, Nighthawk or some obscure character like Ex Nihilo

Gwenpool link
    Terrible Eye

Black Panther CW link
    M'Baku or a commemorative Black Panther reskin for Chadwick Boseman

MROC
    Another versions of Iron Man and Black Panther like Sorc and Storm PX

Asgardians
    99.99% Odin. Baldr or Unworthy Thor for the smaller question box.

Captain Marvel
    Kamala Kang and Super-Skrull

Symbiotes
    Knull and Scorn (A cyborg-like infused symbiote who is a worshipper of Knull). The dragon in the recent MCOC trailer might be the symbiote dragon owned by Knull.

Heralds of Galactus
    Galactus and The Fallen One (Battle of the heralds)
  • Options

Spider-verse

I guess the question box highlighted red is Hercules and he will be in a storyline with one or two of Kabam Original characters.

Mutantkind and Sentinel
    Colossus, Storm, and Wolverine were recruited as X-men in one of the most iconic comic book issue, Giant Size X-Men #1 in 1975. It helped revitalize X-Men and was the start of a better era. I guess the champion in between those three will be someone from the same pages. Sunfire, Banshee, or Thunderbird. The only flaw in this is Nightcrawler should also be linked.

This can also be Kitty Pride if X-Men Gold is being considered as she is the leader and she will warn the X-Men of a mutant extinction level threat, the one linked to Sentinel who will be Nimrod. It was supposed to be Omega Sentinel but she lost.

Hyperion link
    A member of the Squadron Supreme, Nighthawk or some obscure character like Ex Nihilo

Gwenpool link
    Terrible Eye

Black Panther CW link

MROC

Asgardians

Captain Marvel

Symbiotes
    Knull and Scorn (A cyborg-like infused symbiote who is a worshipper of Knull). The dragon in the recent MCOC trailer might be the symbiote dragon owned by Knull.

Heralds of Galactus

I strongly believe they will not add another black panther. Civil War was arguably the best interpretation of T'Challa in the MCU and he is likely on the priority list for an update or rework at Kabam. It would honestly be kind of disrespectful to not buff the only MCU T'Challa in the game and shove a new one in for some extra cash. Charlie Cox got his time to shine so now it's Chadwick Boseman's turn. (Though the Daredevil Buff could use some work)
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    The annilhus/IW connection could very well be Blastaar

sentinel connection probably nimrod

Odin is gonna come soon (like next 18 months tops, is my guess). If not, well that bites.

Beta Ray Bill could come soon with that, but it could be valkyrie as well.

Somehow, I think Kabam will release Gilgamesh this year for eternals. him and Ajak my guess

Knull is coming, and (this is QUITE a longshot) but that other mystery box is Knull's dragon Grendel.

Other herald is FireLord

and Ka-Zar and Zabu could be in one of those 2 pairs of ?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

• Odin and Beta Ray Bill
    Why not Balder the Brave?
  • Options

Spider-verse

Mutantkind and Sentinel

Hyperion link

Gwenpool link
    Terrible Eye

Black Panther CW link

MROC

Asgardians

Captain Marvel

Symbiotes

Heralds of Galactus

I’d assume the Captain Marvel thing is Spectrum and Super Skrull not another Kamala
  • Options

The annilhus/IW connection could very well be Blastaar

sentinel connection probably nimrod

Odin is gonna come soon (like next 18 months tops, is my guess). If not, well that bites.

Beta Ray Bill could come soon with that, but it could be valkyrie as well.

Somehow, I think Kabam will release Gilgamesh this year for eternals. him and Ajak my guess

Knull is coming, and (this is QUITE a longshot) but that other mystery box is Knull's dragon Grendel.

Other herald is FireLord

and Ka-Zar and Zabu could be in one of those 2 pairs of ?

Gabe said on Twitter it isn’t blastaar