**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Morningstar buff idea!!

TheManMythLegendTheManMythLegend Posts: 5,016 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I know i know it crazy that this comes from me. And while you all know i dont believe she needs it a lot disagree and i feel i have a good solution that would absoluttely help a lot of people open their eyes to her and see her getting more love.

Its a rather simple thing that will only affect her sig ability. Right now she will copy certain buffs and make the foes less potent. This is fine as is and can stay that way. Already very usefull.

What could be changed to is her starting with 1 soul. If this where to increase based on sig level up to lets say 3 souls i think that should be all it takes for people to start investing in this amazing champion. So the way you do it is kind of like imiw and his armor ups. At sig 20 its like 1.89 armor ups so you still only gain 1 armor up. If you do this it goes up to 3 total as an example with a max sig Morningstar. I feel anything above this would be too much even tho some would probably disagree with that.

What do everyone think of this? Yay or nay?
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    it’d be really nice

that would make the synergy with guillotine kinda useless/overpowered right? Because if it doesn’t work then it’s worthless, but if it works even if ms is max sig then that’s 4 souls in one fight.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,741 ★★★★★
    That would make her much much stronger with high sig, but thats not bad in my eyes. Kabam original characters dont have any restrictions to follow and MS lore is nice, so she deserves some love.

P.S.: I'm subbed to your channel, keep up the amazing work
  • Options
    H3t3rH3t3r Posts: 2,879 Guardian

it’d be really nice

that would make the synergy with guillotine kinda useless/overpowered right? Because if it doesn’t work then it’s worthless, but if it works even if ms is max sig then that’s 4 souls in one fight.

Its actually 5 as you get the 5th from first fight. So id def just remake that synergi into something else tbh. No idea what tho. But i feel changing it up to 3 souls on her sig ability wouldnt make her crazy op. Its a fairly simple change and not asking too much imo.

I also wanna say that this should not be a priority right now. We have some many champs in need of buff. But down the road somewhere. Why not
    Maybe the synergy adds like 5% lifesteal instead.
  • Options
    SungjSungj Posts: 2,112 ★★★★★
    Nice to think about but other than synergies I'm 100% certain Morningstar won't be changed to add additional starting souls. Ramping up over fights is basically her whole character design and changing her sig to add up to 3 souls with added synergies means she needs literally zero ramp fights
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,764 ★★★★★
    Don't you already have enough threads about the same? How about start adding to those threads instead of separating the discussions?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Another alternative could be to remove the limit of gaining one soul per fight. Waddya think about that?
  • Options
    ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    If Morningstar is the mystic queen, she shouldn't need any buffs. Just sayin'
  • Options
    Unio77Unio77 Posts: 2,539 ★★★★★
    Surprised this is coming from you @OneManArmy
    I was expecting some rando to say how she sucks and needs this and that improvement
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    She doesn't need a buff more than other characters and we all know Kabam doesn't do simple buffs that would make a character good, let alone take any ideas from us
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★
    She only needs one buff. Make her animation and dash back in particular, as smooth as Medusa. Or even bwcv.

It's her animation that frustrates...

(5/65 MS owner and will be taking my 6* to rank 2 as well)

I roll her with mephisto and at 5 souls even with the jerky animations, she is ridiculously strong out of the traps, with unstoppable sp1 glory.

An extra soul would be good. But not needed as much as cleaning up her animation in my view...
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,108 ★★★★

Really? Ive heard people complain about her dash back but i love her animations

Sorry @OneManArmy , I should have been more specific. Her animation as in the smoothness of movement and yes, dash back in particular. I love the style of her animations and the sp attacks, but compared to the fluidity of play you get with the older characters, Medusa in particular, she sometimes feels clunky and I use her all the time.

Actually, one thing they should change, is make her poison immune, or at least so suicides poison doesn't tick down her soul counter. That would,b personally at least, really help my play.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Poison immunity for Morningstar would make absolutely sense.
    She can’t bleed due to a lack of blood, according to her description.
    How the heck she can be poisoned then?
    I like the idea of starting with more souls based on signature.
    Another substitute for that, is allowing her absorb more souls during the same fight.
    Though it wouldn’t made sense, remember we are playing a game where Iceman can be hurt by ....cold 🤣
  • Options
    Realm_Of_RahRealm_Of_Rah Posts: 430 ★★★
    Her synergy with Guilli should give her 3 souls at the start of the fight similar to Apocs with Cable