**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I m afraid to fight to him. Need help !!

gauravtheslayergauravtheslayer Posts: 103
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Guys finally i made my way upto him.
I have seen lots of video with his each phase.. i am seriously afraid of this dude grandmaster..I am thinking of just getting him ko through units..as i m avg guy..I am so dumb that i am sure i wouldn’t even complete all his 3 task granted through sp1( may be one or 2) .....is their any trick for that sp1 and that reverse control phase?? Plss guys i really need help!!
My roster is

Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    i am farming units ..how many units is sufficient for an average player with lot of mess ups..any idea ??
  • Options
    AstoundsAstounds Posts: 323 ★★
    Best way to do it is just go in and practice. While it sounds stupid because it'll cost units, you just have to get used to his sp1 and the prompts. I never had a problem with the prompts personally you just have to be mindful. My first couple tries I died just because of a misstimed dex of the sp1. And that just comes down to timing it right. The fight is actually fun and not frightening but if you're not confident you probably need more units, just as a backup.
  • Options
    Silver_GooseSilver_Goose Posts: 488 ★★★
    I would say i’m a tad above average, and with a team of 4 5/65s and a 4/55 I used around 500 units of team revives. I think average is 600-800.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Kill_Grey said:

I'm quite impressed you're already there with this roster.

You’re just mad he has a rank 5 Starky over Guilly 2099
  • Options
    Kill_GreyKill_Grey Posts: 8,666 ★★★★★

Kill_Grey said:

I didn't notice lol.

Besides, he probably got him first so idk
  • Options

Kill_Grey said:

I got that earlier..plss don’t make fun 😂
  • Options

Smack him with crossbones ez crits

Dude..really !! i think i just peed a little that i have to fight him..and yu want my CB to crit !!
  • Options

Be mindful of the 3 icons during sp1 I suppose and I don't think 600 units is enough to "unit" him down.

Hey i was thinking to pause my screen as soon as he launched sp1 so that i can read those 3 tasks easily..is that possibly??
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★
    ask @Aziz5253 he is a pro at beating grandmaster
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    Not gonna lie. He was rough for me with no practice. Yeah, people can solo him or do it with a few items, but those are not your average summoners and/or they've probably practiced a lot.

If you can get to him itemless, then you can practice, back out and repeat a few times for no units/items, just your time. Probably the smart thing to do to get used to him a bit as that will likely save you units in the long run.

I was not that smart and powered through, despite several dumb mess ups early on getting used to him and eating his sp1 at first and forgetting to avoid him when he goes to the next phase. The 3 item section after his specials (dodge, block, get hit) isn't bad if you have it in your head what to do with those.

Honestly, to be safe, plan for 2k+ units up to an odin. Should you need that many, no. Could you need that many, yes, if you've not practiced or if he is aggressive and pins you against your wall and you get flustered with frustration or doubt. Will people say that's crazy and you're terrible if you need that many? Yes, some will, but not the average summoner, so ignore them. Do you want to burn items and resources to find out you don't have enough to finish, no! Go in with a plan and a safety net. If you do it with far less units, awesome. But go in prepared, just in case.

It's actually fun once you get the rotation down, but only takes a mistake to get ko'd if you mess up and that can be frustratinging if it happens more than a couple times.

Doom or Starky should be great for that fight as high damage dealers and if Starky has a lot of poise built up during his wounded time, he'll do some crazy damage. Or, kill off your team and use doom for the extra attack boost overall.
  • Options
    Zura_1Zura_1 Posts: 188
    if you want to shine like sun first you have to burn like it.
  • Options
    Zura_1 said:

if you want to shine like sun first you have to burn like it.

What is that supposed to mean? Shall i go up to him everyday and practice him till i get all my champ kO . And repeat this every day. Its like living the same moment every day like tom cruise did in “edge of tomorrow” until he got that omega
  • Options
    Aziz5253Aziz5253 Posts: 495 ★★★
    Moot4Life said:

ask @Aziz5253 he is a pro at getting beat by the grandmaster

There, I corrected it
  • Options
    Horror_punkHorror_punk Posts: 1,053 ★★★★
    All I can advise is bring a reverse control immune champ for first run
    Otherwise you’ll see real pain if you can’t cope up in last phase
  • Options
    AouxWouxAouxWoux Posts: 426 ★★★
    Unless you spent unit all the way until the end of act 6, you are definitely not just a "average" player. 99 percent of the people I saw beating grandmaster had several 5/65 but you are here with not with a team of a full 5/65. Mad skills bro.
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Guys finally i made my way upto him.
    I have seen lots of video with his each phase.. i am seriously afraid of this dude grandmaster..I am thinking of just getting him ko through units..as i m avg guy..I am so dumb that i am sure i wouldn’t even complete all his 3 task granted through sp1( may be one or 2) .....is their any trick for that sp1 and that reverse control phase?? Plss guys i really need help!!
    My roster is

Doom is very good for gm boss. Grind at least 1000 units.
  • Options
    Seeing all suggestions i am thinking to grind upto 1.5 k units incase i mess up real bad.
  • Options
    AouxWoux said:

Unless you spent unit all the way until the end of act 6, you are definitely not just a "average" player. 99 percent of the people I saw beating grandmaster had several 5/65 but you are here with not with a team of a full 5/65. Mad skills bro.

I remember using a team revive for all 6.4 bosses. Worst fight was 6.3 cap iw boss ..i wont disclose how much i used there
  • Options
    @HI_guys how was the reverse control phase..i dont have any immune champ for that phase
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

@HI_guys how was the reverse control phase..i dont have any immune champ for that phase

Reverse control phase is very hard. It also comes at the time when gm is about to go wounded. And you have to dex the sp1 in reverse also. There are too few champs which are immune to reverse controls. Most of the people have not used these champs to beat gm.
  • Options
    RevHeresyRevHeresy Posts: 68
    I am lucky enough to have Aegon, so it was a bit easier for me. I still died about 10 times in his first phase and then several more in his 2nd as I begin to understand the mechanics.
  • Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 554 ★★★
    Before I took him on I pulled up a you tube of the fight on my laptop (any video of somone playing well is fine) and "practiced" while holding my phone...mirroring each dex, block and dash of the SP1.

I spent about 30 minutes doing that until I was perfect on his SP1 without having to think about. It forms that muscle memory so when your eyes see the prompt your fingers just react. For me, I think that saved hundreds of units and lots of frustration.

In the middle of the fight I also wished that I had his phases up on a second screen in front of me for quick reference. Strongly suggest you do that.
  • Options
    I’d probably take the Phoenix path, if you’re good with Ghost and Doom that path is pretty straightforward.

Don’t bring G2099 for the grandmaster because you take hits as part of the mechanics and it will reset your combo meter.