**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

MCOC CHAMPION PUZZLE: 2021!!

War_BirdWar_Bird Posts: 242 ★★★

Recently, we got a new champion puzzle for 2021. There’s a lot to unpack here, but let’s start with what we already know...

⚫︎ OG Punisher & The Maestro are missing from the puzzle. This is not a mistake from Kabam, but they were intentionally left out as part of the story arc of Act 7, as confirmed by a Kabam Dev last year.

⚫︎ Hercules & the unknown character featured in the Anniversary Video are somewhere in here.

⚫︎ A few of these characters are likely Kabam Originals from Realm, like Storm Pyramid X & Sorcerer Supreme.

That all being said, here are my personal thoughts & placements on this puzzle.

I’m pretty confident in a majority of these placements. But I have NO IDEA what is on the left side next to Guillotine & Morningstar. Both are Kabam Originals with very little comic history, so I have no clue who is associated with them. A few next to them are probably Kabam OG’s.

But that’s just my thoughts, what are yours? Do you agree with my placements, or do you strongly disagree? Let me know & tell you’re own thoughts!

Comments

• Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★
    two points I’d like to contest.

Mystiques spot is the ideal spot for Kitty Pryde, it has to be her. Mystique would be connected to her children most likely.

Why is Miss America connected to Gwenpool?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    You still forgot about 4 spaces lol.
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

Buttehrs said:

I admittedly forgot about the one by Invisible Woman, my bad Lol. It could likely be any F4 villain though.
    The 2 others by the defenders are not connected to anything, so I have nothing to go on. Literally could anyone. Honestly probably another chair.... or a couch this time? Maybe a lamp, who knows lmao...
    I love lamp!
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

Buttehrs said:

I admittedly forgot about the one by Invisible Woman, my bad Lol. It could likely be any F4 villain though.
    The 2 others by the defenders are not connected to anything, so I have nothing to go on. Literally could anyone. Honestly probably another chair.... or a couch this time? Maybe a lamp, who knows lmao...
    For real tho, there's also all the ones with eye balls on them too.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,147 ★★★★★

That mysterious character is kang 2099

So we're facing a downgraded version of kang
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    War_Bird said:

Buttehrs said:

War_Bird said:

Buttehrs said:

Word on the street is that it’s Eternity

I’m personally in doubt about this theory, despite the fact that they look fairly similar. This is because Eternity isn’t usually a character with villain-like qualities. He even recruited Dr. Strange to help defeat Dormammu, & was the last person to go out with a fight against Thanos with the Heart of the Universe. Unless Kabam changes his character from the comics, I doubt it’s Eternity.
    From what I've heard Gabe has said its not eternity or entropy either lol. Also there's more than just one with eyeballs. Theres 6 of them.
  • Options
    KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★
    War_Bird said:

Buttehrs said:

War_Bird said:

Buttehrs said:

Word on the street is that it’s Eternity

I’m personally in doubt about this theory, despite the fact that they look fairly similar. This is because Eternity isn’t usually a character with villain-like qualities. He even recruited Dr. Strange to help defeat Dormammu, & was the last person to go out with a fight against Thanos with the Heart of the Universe. Unless Kabam changes his character from the comics, I doubt it’s Eternity.
    I thought word on the street was this is Entropy
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

two points I’d like to contest.

Mystiques spot is the ideal spot for Kitty Pryde, it has to be her. Mystique would be connected to her children most likely.

Why is Miss America connected to Gwenpool?

I was up in the air between Mystique & Kitty, has to be one of the two. I put Mystique only because I see her requested slightly more than Kitty (although Kitty is also very highly requested as well). But if it were Mystique she would likely be connected to Nightcrawler so I’m thinking you’re right.

As for Miss America, she’s confirmed to be coming in Doctor Strange 2.
    https://www.thewrap.com/who-is-america-chavez-the-new-hero-in-doctor-strange-in-the-multiverse-of-madness/
    She’s also a young teenage girl like Gwenpool, so Kabam could make a duo storyline between the two like they did with Hyperion & Howard The Duck.
    I know she’s confirmed to be coming, but that connection makes no sense imo. I could honestly see their not being a spot for her on here since the film doesn’t come out for over a year
  • Options
    War_Bird said:

Honestly I think it’s likely super obscure character that nobody really knows or cares about.

Batroc the Leaper
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    The Black Panther link may be Klaw.

I see Shuri as one of the connected MROC characters.

The other “Herald” I believe to be Frankie Rae “Nova”. Her and Surfer are linked and were a “thing”. She became Galactus’ herald after SS i believe.
  • Options
    Another_NameAnother_Name Posts: 180
    Look, FireLord is looking pretty likely for that 5th herald spot, and it also appears we could be getting Psycho Man as well, by the Invisible woman and Annihilus box.
  • Options
    Wine_LoverWine_Lover Posts: 83
    Heralds of Galactus spot could be Thor.
  • Options
    Colonaut123Colonaut123 Posts: 3,091 ★★★★★
    I'm with @SpideyFunko on Kitty Pride.

Nimrod is more likely Omega Sentinel. Although she lost the vote, this doesn't mean she will not be added to the game. It only means there is no guarantee it will be 2021. Seeing she had quite a lot of votes, I highly doubt Kabam won't add her.
  • Options
    Etm34Etm34 Posts: 1,644 ★★★★★
    What I’m wondering about this map is if Kabam and Marvel will still be releasing characters around the feature films/series releasing this year, and where do they fit?

This year’s MCU schedule excluding BW includes:
    Shang Chi (Chi and the Mandarin?)
    Eternals (Thena and Ikarus?)
    Spider-Man 3 (who knows)
    Falcon and WS (US Agent and new Bucky?)
    Loki (new Loki and ??)
    Ms. Marvel (new villain?)
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop?)

Or will things be changing this year to where they don’t release based off movies?
  • Options
    Etm34 said:

What I’m wondering about this map is if Kabam and Marvel will still be releasing characters around the feature films/series releasing this year, and where do they fit?

This year’s MCU schedule excluding BW includes:
    Shang Chi (Chi and the Mandarin?)
    Eternals (Thena and Ikarus?)
    Spider-Man 3 (who knows)
    Falcon and WS (US Agent and new Bucky?)
    Loki (new Loki and ??)
    Ms. Marvel (new villain?)
    Hawkeye (Kate Bishop?)

Or will things be changing this year to where they don’t release based off movies?

Forgot wandavision
  • Options
    FluffyPigMonsterFluffyPigMonster Posts: 2,069 ★★★★★
    War_Bird said:

Look, FireLord is looking pretty likely for that 5th herald spot, and it also appears we could be getting Psycho Man as well, by the Invisible woman and Annihilus box.

Problem is that Firelord had very little association with Silver Surfer in the comics, aside from them both being Heralds of Galactus. Frankie Rae & Stardust have both been greatly involved with Surfers comic history so it would make more sense if it was them. Could be Firelord though, who knows...
    I agree. Think it’ll be one of those two. I’d prefer Stardust but Frankie Rae makes sense with the lines drawn. Who knows. It’ll be Herald Chair or something.
  • Options

That mysterious character is kang 2099

I'am pretty sure that's Immortus.