Character hunting

Tony_02003Tony_02003 Member Posts: 78
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Hey guys, so I really am after a tech champ or cosmic champ ( well any beyond or god tier will surely do) my main champs that I wanna get are Hyperion, Corvus , ghost and my personal favorite stark spiderman. I have 29k 5 star shards and I really want one or two or if I’m that lucky three of these guys but honestly first I want starky just cause I really love the champ and I really like the suit in the movie and spiderman himself. Should I save more crystals or open all three at the same time, I want to do the procedure that increases my chances of getting them ( I know it relies on luck but it won’t hurt if I try). Please guys need some advice. Oh and if no one minds please explain your choice thank you

Character hunting 30 votes

Save more crystals
43%
YoMovessubash_vikramDenzel116jay_denHera1d_of_Ga1actusProximaMidnight_8Ksp_2099RenaxqqJohnyBoyTheBair123PuttPuttGardenerKRoNX1 13 votes
Open all the crystals at the same time
50%
MasterduxWarBros23TheHoodedDormammuLmaoThe_Blue_JaguarIvarTheBonelessMrBanksThicco_ModeCtfz35TheLegionMasterSkyLord7000HoitadoCrcrcrcWill3808Barani7da 15 votes
Other ( please explain)
6%
AleorPyrda 2 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• MrBanksMrBanks Member Posts: 980 ★★★
    Just open them. It's hard to get a specific character out of a 200 something character pool. There's still a chance you get a good champion that isn't cosmic or tech, or one of the ones you said you wanted.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Member Posts: 4,000 ★★★★★
    MrBanks said:

Just open them. It's hard to get a specific character out of a 200 something character pool. There's still a chance you get a good champion that isn't cosmic or tech, or one of the ones you said you wanted.

He should open cosmic/tech crystals to negate this. Still a large pool. Good Luck!
  • GardenerGardener Member Posts: 1,601 ★★★
    Save more crystals
    open cosmic and tech to triple your chances
  • PyrdaPyrda Member Posts: 255 ★★
    Other ( please explain)
    I was huntin warlock until today, and I opened every cosmic tech dual every opportunity and today, bang :-)
  • Tony_02003Tony_02003 Member Posts: 78
    Hey guys it’s me again unfortunately I didn’t get any of the desired champs 😞 but I guess we’ll get em next time( got proxima, vulture and star lord)

MrBanks said:

He should open cosmic/tech crystals to negate this. Still a large pool. Good Luck!
    Agreed, forgot those existed lol

Hey guys it’s me again unfortunately I didn’t get any of the desired champs 😞 but I guess we’ll get em next time( got proxima, vulture and star lord)

Star Lord and Proxima are not terrible champs!
    MrBanks said:

Star Lord and Proxima are not terrible champs!
    If I had to look on the bright side well you’re right, but the desired champs will one day fall into a crystal. It’s only a matter of time..... and luck
  • Denzel116Denzel116 Member Posts: 537 ★★★
    Save more crystals
    How to get some of them good good champs:

Shards: Save em all up till you get so accustom to saving that you don’t even feel right using a few 5* shards. Then set a date you’ll open them (maybe eyeball a day there’s something special going on for the heck of it.) Get you some coffee and go to pop town. Don’t spin em out, unless you’re into that kinda torture.

Unit deals: like the Jubilee deal that came out today, I’ve gotten more random off hand 5 stars from those deals than I can remember now. All I have left is Magik, Quake, and Ghost for my old school baddies. I know this is more of a pay your way kinda strategy so...if it’s not your taste skip this.

Featured Cavs: when I’m hunting for other champs, I usually scoop up ones who are on my list but not on my radar. So if you can, also save up units and aim to pop a bunch when there’s a character featured you really want.

No expectation: all in all, it could be tomorrow, or it could be a year from now before you remotely come close to your champs you want. But it stings more the bigger you hope for it. And call it whatever you like, but the less you care and you’re just like GIVE ME WHATEVER KABAM, I’m just here for the iso...you end up scoring someone useful. So I hope if you don’t get them, you don’t get too fussed about it.
    Denzel116 said:

How to get some of them good good champs:

Shards: Save em all up till you get so accustom to saving that you don’t even feel right using a few 5* shards. Then set a date you’ll open them (maybe eyeball a day there’s something special going on for the heck of it.) Get you some coffee and go to pop town. Don’t spin em out, unless you’re into that kinda torture.

Unit deals: like the Jubilee deal that came out today, I’ve gotten more random off hand 5 stars from those deals than I can remember now. All I have left is Magik, Quake, and Ghost for my old school baddies. I know this is more of a pay your way kinda strategy so...if it’s not your taste skip this.

Featured Cavs: when I’m hunting for other champs, I usually scoop up ones who are on my list but not on my radar. So if you can, also save up units and aim to pop a bunch when there’s a character featured you really want.

No expectation: all in all, it could be tomorrow, or it could be a year from now before you remotely come close to your champs you want. But it stings more the bigger you hope for it. And call it whatever you like, but the less you care and you’re just like GIVE ME WHATEVER KABAM, I’m just here for the iso...you end up scoring someone useful. So I hope if you don’t get them, you don’t get too fussed about it.

Thanks for the support dude, had you posted this yesterday I would have saved them but I spun them out and didn’t get lucky. But thanks a lot though and thank you all for sharing your thoughts