**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

PSA: How to fix all freezing and lag in the game

CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Firstly, this may not work for everyone, but I have used this trick daily for months and it has worked 98% of the time.

If your game freezes, just pull down from the top corner of your screen (or however else you access it) to access Control Center for 1 or 2 seconds

Return from Control Center back to the game. This will fix the lag most of the time after a couple of seconds in the game.

I’m not sure why this works, but I’m guessing it basically refreshes your connection to the server. Tell me if it works for you!

Comments

• Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
    Pulling up the control center MAKES my game freeze, I also try to check the time sometimes and it freezes as well
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,935 ★★★★★

Pulling up the control center MAKES my game freeze, I also try to check the time sometimes and it freezes as well

For me, when it lags, I pull up the control center and it pauses my game for a second, then reconnects and the lag disappears

Seeing batteries below 5% gives me serious ocd.

Don’t worry, I started charging it after
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    plug in your phone

Here you guys go😂. I hope this is better
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,795 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

not really

Crcrcrc said:

not really
    It’s still charging.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    Perhaps the workaround need not exist, kabam has no problem collecting monies from players.... potentially they could fix, or at least attempt to address an issue going back years. Although I have to say it is beyond bad in the last day or 2.
  • Camby01Camby01 Posts: 572 ★★
    If the problem affected their ability to collect money from either gift cards, credit cards, or any other purchasing platform would it take more than an hour to fix?
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    I'm curious if the Game Booster has something to do with it, the one built in to Android.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,463 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

A little... still got 49% to go for it to be satisfactory.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,189 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Firstly, this may not work for everyone, but I have used this trick daily for months and it has worked 98% of the time.

If your game freezes, just pull down from the top corner of your screen (or however else you access it) to access Control Center for 1 or 2 seconds

Return from Control Center back to the game. This will fix the lag most of the time after a couple of seconds in the game.

I’m not sure why this works, but I’m guessing it basically refreshes your connection to the server. Tell me if it works for you!

By the way, CHARGE YOUR PHONE! :P
    edited January 2021

Crcrcrc said:

A little... still got 49% to go for it to be satisfactory.
    I’m going to let it get to 1% and post a screenshot. You’re welcome in advance.
  • AleorAleor Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    I use Android, and I usually just go to home screen for couple of seconds. Sometimes it continues infinite loading, sometimes it just stops with network error, and very rarely it helps. Just lost an aw bonus because of that infinite load bs
    I should mention this is an iPhone XR too
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    Close game, restart. Been doing it for years on multiple devices. Seems to be the only way to have a decent game for a few fights. Start the game fresh before every eq path, AQ energy use or aw energy use to be on the safe side. This assumes the other server issues aren't also a problem at the time. First couple days of the new monthly event always suck when everyone is downloading the update and trying to knockout a bunch of new content at the same time.
  • BuffBeastBuffBeast Posts: 1,074 ★★★★
    I’m confused as to why the sound and brightness bars are that big
    edited January 2021
    BuffBeast said:

I’m confused as to why the sound and brightness bars are that big

It’s on landscape mode
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,779 ★★★★★
    What I do is just change my wifi quickly while the game is running. Idk why it works but it stops the connection issues and lag for a while.
    Riptide said:

When I did this it froze lol

It doesn’t work on loading screens lol
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Tried that many times. I’ll even open my camera and take a flippin pic then go back to game and still frozen. Thanks for trying to help tho
  • MetalJakeMetalJake Posts: 343 ★★
    Crcrcrc said:

Ya phones on 3%. May wanna deal with that :)

• @JackDiamond (see like this)
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Just pour antifreeze directly into the charging port of your device, it'll prevent freezing.