**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Scientific experiment (Science Cav node) include additional debuffs?

FabwiziFabwizi Posts: 1,168 ★★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
This may allow other champs to be ok for this node, currently requirements are very niche.

If you do not have those champs you can't do cav.

Debuffs like slow or enervate or power sting could really help other champs to be usefull

Should Scientific experiment (Science Cav node) include additional debuffs? 62 votes

Yes
41%
FineDogCat_Murdocksubash_vikramSw0rdMasterOnmixRasiloverRaichu626Colonaut123NapaHeroMrspider568KyusushuiAlexBossuFabwiziSneakyWarriorAouxWouxPapdichaatAdokFaseehHoitadoAmneties 26 votes
No
58%
TerraSungjWmbly62Lvernon15MrTicTac19992008TheHeroDeservedGoddessIliasRakeYoungsilentagPsy26C19h28o2DynastyThicco_ModeErosenseiogUvoginBonzodavidKeyBMauledEdeuinkFiiNCH 36 votes

Comments

• Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Isn’t it all debuffs anyway?
  • Options
    Prakhar_82Prakhar_82 Posts: 713 ★★★
    No
    Cavalier difficulty is fine as it is. There are few restrictions but your roster will grow accordingly to fit with it. What needs change is the rewards for putting the work in.
  • Options
    Fabwizi said:

Cavalier difficulty is fine as it is. There are few restrictions but your roster will grow accordingly to fit with it. What needs change is the rewards for putting the work in.

I agree on rewards but, the vulnerability debuff advantage should be added to debuffs like slow so that some other champs can bypass distrack.

Kabam said they would move away from niche nodes, and this would help champs like she hulk, spider gwen etc to be useful as well.
    Cav difficulty has always only had a few champs good for each node. If they change this one to be more inclusive, then people would ask for all of them to be more inclusive.
  • Options
    Fabwizi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Fabwizi said:

I agree on rewards but, the vulnerability debuff advantage should be added to debuffs like slow so that some other champs can bypass distrack.

Kabam said they would move away from niche nodes, and this would help champs like she hulk, spider gwen etc to be useful as well.
    Cav difficulty has always only had a few champs good for each node. If they change this one to be more inclusive, then people would ask for all of them to be more inclusive.
    Ya, but of you look at skill, cosmic,mystic,mutant and tech all of them have good amount of pool to make use of the nodes.

Science only has caiw,luke cage who benefit much and HT and Void as a viable options because of their debuffs.

I do have CAIW r5 sig 150 so I have no issues but I would like to play and try other champs and this node does not allow me to do that.
    iAbom also works well. And mutant has a small pool. Gambit, mags, and OR is all of them right?
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    No
    Crcrcrc said:

Fabwizi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Fabwizi said:

Ya, but of you look at skill, cosmic,mystic,mutant and tech all of them have good amount of pool to make use of the nodes.

Science only has caiw,luke cage who benefit much and HT and Void as a viable options because of their debuffs.

I do have CAIW r5 sig 150 so I have no issues but I would like to play and try other champs and this node does not allow me to do that.
    iAbom also works well. And mutant has a small pool. Gambit, mags, and OR is all of them right?
    Beast and techinically, anyone as a horseman of apocalypse could work.
  • Options

Crcrcrc said:

Fabwizi said:

Crcrcrc said:

Fabwizi said:

Beast and techinically, anyone as a horseman of apocalypse could work.
    Yeah, I forgot about that lol. Remembering that actually allowed me to clear that quest just now.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,366 ★★★★★
    Fabwizi said:

currently requirements are very niche...

If you do not have those champs you can't do cav...

I really can't remotely agree. If you can't do this quest, you shouldn't be doing Cav difficulty.

The requirements for this are not niche, OP. For starters, all Scientific Exploit does is grant a benefit to using certain champs. There's no barrier that stops you using someone else, as long as they can deal with Diss Track.

Secondly, there's a load of Science champs who can inflict Weakness/Fatigue/Exhaustion debuffs (13 out of 30 Science champs, total):
    • Ant-Man
    • Captain America (Classic)
    • Captain America Infinity War (Awakened)
    • Immortal Hulk (Awakened)
    • Invisible Woman
    • Joe Fixit
    • Luke Cage (the King of this path!)
    • She-Hulk
    • Spiderman (Classic)
    • Spiderman (Miles Morales)
    • Thing
    • Void
    • Wasp
    These are far from all meme champs - Shulk, Luke Cage, Thing, Wasp, Void and CAIW are all awesome. But you don't even need any of these champs to do the path - ANY science champ can start stacking Fury passives by Parrying the opponent. Human Torch doesn't inflict any of the specific debuffs, but will still get passive Fury effects when his Incinerates expire, and will work beautifully.

Frankly you could ignore the Science champ theme, and do it with Archangel, Annihilus, Apocalypse, Black Panther (Classic), BWDO, Clare Voyant, Cull Obsidian (and that's just looking at champs starting with A-C...). You just need someone who inflicts lots of debuffs.
  • Options
    PinkysegunPinkysegun Posts: 77

Fabwizi said:

I really can't remotely agree. If you can't do this quest, you shouldn't be doing Cav difficulty.

The requirements for this are not niche, OP. For starters, all Scientific Exploit does is grant a benefit to using certain champs. There's no barrier that stops you using someone else, as long as they can deal with Diss Track.

Secondly, there's a load of Science champs who can inflict Weakness/Fatigue/Exhaustion debuffs (13 out of 30 Science champs, total):
    • Ant-Man
    • Invisible Woman
    • Joe Fixit
    • She-Hulk
    • Spiderman (Classic)
    • Thing
    • Void
    • Wasp
    These are far from all meme champs - Shulk, Luke Cage, Thing, Wasp, Void and CAIW are all awesome. But you don't even need any of these champs to do the path - ANY science champ can start stacking Fury passives by Parrying the opponent. Human Torch doesn't inflict any of the specific debuffs, but will still get passive Fury effects when his Incinerates expire, and will work beautifully.

Frankly you could ignore the Science champ theme, and do it with Archangel, Annihilus, Apocalypse, Black Panther (Classic), BWDO, Clare Voyant, Cull Obsidian (and that's just looking at champs starting with A-C...). You just need someone who inflicts lots of debuffs.
    You need 3 of those debuffs right? Some of those champs you mention you'll be doing 0 damages must of the time as it not feasible for them to maintain 3 debuffs/the specified debuffs most times
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    edited January 2021
    No

Fabwizi said:

• Ant-Man
    • Invisible Woman
    • Joe Fixit
    • She-Hulk
    • Spiderman (Classic)
    • Thing
    • Void
    • Wasp

You need 3 of those debuffs right? Some of those champs you mention you'll be doing 0 damages must of the time as it not feasible for them to maintain 3 debuffs/the specified debuffs most times
    They all work if you are willing to slowplay though and atleast unlike the 1st iteration of cav eq, the node combo doesn't have lifecycle to degen you to death while you wait for your debuffs for some of these champs.

Edit: Not Lifecycle, It's Life Transfer
  • Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    No
    How easy do people want cav eq to be for goodness sake
  • Options
    No
    It’s turgid enough anyway. There’s very few science champs that can’t get 3 debuffs on including a parry stun. You don’t need a science champ to do diss track either.
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Fabwizi said:

• Ant-Man
    • Invisible Woman
    • Joe Fixit
    • She-Hulk
    • Spiderman (Classic)
    • Thing
    • Void
    • Wasp

Only one exhaustion/Fatigue/weakness debuff is all you need. Then the Scientific Exploit node starts pulling on the (very long duration) vulnerability debuffs, and enables you to bypass the Diss Track.

Just to ram home how do-able this quest is, I just went in, and took down a 28,000PI Red Deadpool with a 3* 4/40 Captain America Classic. Then I did it again with a 3* 4/40 Ant Man*. These are champions pretty much everyone will have!

*Full disclosure: Tried it with Classic Spiderman, and really struggled, as his Weakness debuff doesn't last very long. 3* Cap, Ant-Man, and Luke Cage can all do it as an easy solo.
  • Options
    Fabwizi said:

Fabwizi said:

• Ant-Man
    • Invisible Woman
    • Joe Fixit
    • She-Hulk
    • Spiderman (Classic)
    • Thing
    • Void
    • Wasp

I never said I could no do it or it can't be done, I cleared it item less.
    Okay - that's good, although you actually say it couldn't be done without certain Champs. I'm happy for you that you've done it - I was trying to be constructive - I apologise if I came across as criticizing.

I think it's very clear that it's a deliberate decision to design a node that encourages play with very old champs, thereby giving them some value.
  • Options

Fabwizi said:

• Ant-Man
    • Invisible Woman
    • Joe Fixit
    • She-Hulk
    • Spiderman (Classic)
    • Thing
    • Void
    • Wasp

You need 3 of those debuffs right? Some of those champs you mention you'll be doing 0 damages most of the time as it's not feasible for them to maintain 3 debuffs/the specified debuffs most times
    If you place a single Exhaustion, Fatigue or Weakness debuff, you can then start stacking Vulnerability debuffs quite easily. They might fall off at times, if you're having to bait out specials, but this node is designed as a way around the Diss Track, with different champs.

Just to see if it was possible, I tried with some 3* champs - Luke Cage, Classic Cap, Ant-Man and Classic Spidey. Spidey was the only one who I didn't solo Deadpool with first time - his Weakness debuffs don't last long, and his block proficiency is low. The others had no trouble! But Spidey doesn't work well, and some of the others might struggle too.

Here's a 3* Classic Cap taking on Deadpool (in silence - sorry!) With 2 Mastery points in Despair, you'll notice he actually neutralises DP's healing; and then Petrify reverses it when DP is stunned...

https://youtu.be/axZymkS0cfo