Summoners, due to a technical issue, this week's series of Alliance Quests will be cancelled at 4pm PT. There will not be any Rewards for this series. The next series of Alliance Quests will start on April 18 at 12pm PT. We will be assessing the impact on Alliances and compensating accordingly, as well as returning Alliance Tickets.

Thronebreaker and essentially no AQ/AW

SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 623 ★★★
So, after the major focus of the gifting event on having friends in the game of similar progression level, I am left thinking about the status of my alliance. I initially started playing the game because of a friend, and have had a few through the years that have played, but none really play any more, or are super far behind myself in progression. I have stuck with a low level alliance for a time, because I know a few people in it and because I don't want to commit to a maximum effort alliance that is common for those at my progression level. I like the game, but have never been very excited about AQ/AW nor do I play constantly enough to be a reliable allliance mate in either of those two game modes.

Are there any other 'retired' Thronebreaker players that do not participate (or only participate maybe 0-5 times a month) in AQ or AW, and are there any players at that level in a full or mostly full alliance of summoners around their same level? Also, am I an idiot on missing out on your favorite part of MCOC? Enlighten me.

*Disclaimer: I am not necessarily looking for a new alliance, just interested in a general discussion, so if the mods could leave this in the general page, that would be much appreciated. Thanks.*

Comments

• BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,036 ★★★
    Not really sure exactly what you’re asking but I’m TB and just have my own alliance with a few mini accounts. I run through map 3 with epic mods when I fancy and it nets 1650 glory which I spend on t1a. Get everything else I need from content and TB crystals.

Wouldn’t say I’m retired as such there just seems little point progressing rosters beyond TB aside from fun rank ups with how the content is going now. Doesn’t feel like there’s anything to aim for.
  • Leathersmw2017Leathersmw2017 Posts: 104
    Berjibs said:

Not really sure exactly what you’re asking but I’m TB and just have my own alliance with a few mini accounts. I run through map 3 with epic mods when I fancy and it nets 1650 glory which I spend on t1a. Get everything else I need from content and TB crystals.

Wouldn’t say I’m retired as such there just seems little point progressing rosters beyond TB aside from fun rank ups with how the content is going now. Doesn’t feel like there’s anything to aim for.

This is what I do as well. Don't see the need to stress about AW/AQ.
  • JoshKosh557JoshKosh557 Posts: 1,857 ★★★★
    I find aw pretty fun (tho it can drain some items), and dont like aq cuz I feel like its repetitive.
  • ShangattayShangattay Posts: 49
    I’m TB (5 R3 6*s right now) but I’m also a husband and a dad.

To make that work smoothly, any part of the game that requires me to log in regularly during the day had to go away.

Both AQ and AW are voluntary in my ally and they never run anything above Map 4 in AQ.

Thanks to that, I can act as a responsible adult during the day (kinda, sorta) and save my nerdiness everyone else is asleep. ;-)