**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

What do you do with expiring iso?

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
edited January 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I have a pretty large backup of iso for a while now and every time level up rolls around I use enough of it that I get the revive and sometimes units from level up and make it so that none of my iso will expire until the next solo event. Well I’m now at the point that there isn’t anyone in particular I was to upgrade so I have a bunch of multiple classes of iso expiring and don’t know what to do with them. So I was wondering what you guys do with your expiring iso?

What do you do with expiring iso? 45 votes

Sell it
42%
FrostyFabiusBRLuciusVorenuskfd2010p01arisMoosetiptronicMegaGalacticItsDamienMattstafariHera1d_of_Ga1actusAdamb208BahubaliFit_Fun9329BonzodavidrivetFabwiziBen_15455EtherealityJenskeD 19 votes
Use it on champions who you wouldn’t necessarily upgrade
48%
Eb0ny-O-M4wLvernon15HendrossBuckyBruhRockyshockyMerdsuperEtjamaMrBanksNo_oneukThicco_ModeKsp_2099JragonMaster170DrauglinTheBair123ScrubhanCrcrcrcYodabolt21Riptidemagnus_xixBarani7da 22 votes
Let it expire (I personally wouldn’t do this)
2%
Icy000 1 vote
Other
6%
Wubbie075MasterpuffSkyLord7000 3 votes
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    I haven't had iso come within 3 weeks of expiring in years
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,763 ★★★★★
    Just for collection purposes, I want to fully rank up anything between 1-3 star's. Never had ISO--8 problems.
    Having said that, it is kinda difficult nowadays ... I only level up champions during the level up event, and I keep getting more and more 5/6-star champs to upgrade, as well as catalysts expiring. Dang, I even have some champs still waiting for a rank up because I have to prioritize other's.
    Every time I have a brick of Iso-8 expiring, I just use it on whoever.
  • ItsDamienItsDamien Posts: 5,626 ★★★★★
    Sell it
    If it's about to expire I'll sell it. Then again I've taken to only opening PHCs/3*/4* crystals when I need ISO to level up someone for the event. I'm currently saving all my 5* shards for the next featured (with Stryfe) and I'll only level up 6* now if I'd consider taking them to R2 or 3 (R2 if only R1, 3 if R2 already).

This way I rarely have ISO about to expire, but I also have a constant supply of crystals ready for when I need ISO to level someone up. It's pretty efficient.
  • MegaGalacticMegaGalactic Posts: 248 ★★
    Sell it
    Use on champs or ”worst case scenario” sell for gold if leveling is not an option, I see no other option really 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    I think I may finally be about to face the iso issues everyone has been on about, apoco going to r3 drained me to just 400 bricks in overflow, another r3 or new 5* straight to r5 and it’s all gone
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    what the heck is expiring iso
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    Other
    Id have to have iso in the first place to let it expire.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    Other
    Use it on the champs in line to rank up. (Ones I WOULD necessarily upgrade)
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,019 ★★★★★

• Fluffy_pawsFluffy_paws Posts: 2,677 ★★★★★
    Expiring iso? What sorcery is this?
  • Skillful_starSkillful_star Posts: 756 ★★★
    You guys have iso?
  • Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    Other
    It depends on the situation.

If I have someone worthwhile in that class to level or rank up, obviously that's what I do with it.
    If I have a champ from another class that I want to level/rank and I am out of iso in that champ's class, I'll use the expiring iso even though its not the same class of the champ.
    If I have a champ from the same class that I want to rank, but I'm short of some other resource needed but think I'll be able to get it soon, I'll try to clear my inventory and stash the expiring ones there until I can rank that guy.
    Other times I just sell it, especially if I have a lot of that class getting into expiry range within the next few days.

I'm not remotely close to being an endgame player and only just building a solid 6* roster so I usually have a problem of too much iso rather than not enough. I really should take the suggestion of one of the previous posters in this thread and slow down on opening 4* crystals and below.
  • kfd2010kfd2010 Posts: 423 ★★
    Sell it
    I am slow to rank up champs so I'll find myself selling it not too infrequently. I probably should start ranking up champs that are middle of the line ones instead but I'm just very conservative about using items unless I'm sure on it.
  • LewisTheLlamaLewisTheLlama Posts: 301 ★★★
    y’all have EXPIRING iso??
  • TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    What level are your champs? If your 4* mostly, don't waste it, cause you'll find that your 5* and 6* will eat up your stash.