**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

#AW: Damage Over Time

UppercutUppercut Posts: 158
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
Some of the champions that are relying on damage over time debuffs are not on the list for some reason. Is the list in the announcements final?

Examples:

Void (DOT for each debuff)
Nick Fury (Bleed)
Human Torch (Incinerate)
Sunspot (Incinerate)
Guillotine 2099 (Degeneration)
Archangel (Bleed, Poison)
Sentinel (Incinerate)
Cable (Degeneration)
X-23 (Bleed)

Edit: oddly enough Namor is on the list with his small chance of bleed

Comments

• Options
    YoMovesYoMoves Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    edited January 2021
    They quite literally said they would not be focusing on Champion tags but instead focus on a group of middling Champions to attempt to bring them to relevance. You listed a series of top tier champions (and Cable), which is not their focus. They are trying to promote variety.

I don't think it'll work at all, but kudos to them for trying.
  • Options
    I know NF and Torch are common attackers today but how champs like Cable Abomination Sunspot X23 etc. are not middling champions in war? Some of the champions on Kabam’s list are not even available as 6*s (e.g. Hyperion, Medusa)
  • Options
    Ibom is actually very properly rated as high tier and not middling, while Abom is unable to apply DoT offensively without synergies. Cable is not middling with Apoc synergy and they know that. Sunspot already sees plenty of use in AW for the polkadot/stunning reflection mini. X-23 is already one of the best bleeders in the game. Hyperion I think they included because spamming L1 is not usually the game plan with him, which requires a slightly different approach, while Medusa can only bleed when Armor Shattered is active.

Plus they need to include one or two good champs or people will riot.
  • Options
    Appreciate your opinion. I would still like to hear an answer from Kabam and their reasoning.
  • Options
    Did you...read the announcement? They already gave their reasoning.