**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Stryfe may live up to the hype

DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
edited January 2021 in General Discussion
I mean the man is a monster. I think he honestly might even live up to the insane hype surrounding him. He hits like a monster, goes unblockable, counters evade in a really convenient way, glances hits so is really sustainable, looks amazing with great animations, has an amazing synergy partner, hell even his rampup is pretty quick as well compared to aegon. I made this post after watching Lag's stream where he went through abyss. I was a little hesitant to call stryfe a monster, but now I'm 100% on

Comments

• DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    IceBro said:

Don't know why the other thread was taken down but I think the content creators like Kingslayer, KT1, and BrutalDLX were downplaying him. Lagacy's abyss run stream allowed me to see the true potential of the champion and I do think that he will be one of the best mutants in the game. Thinking of the practicality of Aegon... there isn't much content where he can achieve above maybe 200 or so hits? So he can't benefit from the AAr nor the unblockable/unstoppable abilities in his kit. Meanwhile Stryfe... can achieve abyss level damage in maybe 2 fights on top of having amazing niche utilities like countering unstoppable, evade, passive DoT, glancing, passive concussion, unblockable, and blocking unblockable attacks. All of this on top of him being a horseman and gaining bleed resistance and unstoppable when struck. As I've seen someone said... Aegon might just be the Skill Stryfe now.

yeah stryfe is looking great 👍
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

IceBro said:

Don't know why the other thread was taken down but I think the content creators like Kingslayer, KT1, and BrutalDLX were downplaying him. Lagacy's abyss run stream allowed me to see the true potential of the champion and I do think that he will be one of the best mutants in the game. Thinking of the practicality of Aegon... there isn't much content where he can achieve above maybe 200 or so hits? So he can't benefit from the AAr nor the unblockable/unstoppable abilities in his kit. Meanwhile Stryfe... can achieve abyss level damage in maybe 2 fights on top of having amazing niche utilities like countering unstoppable, evade, passive DoT, glancing, passive concussion, unblockable, and blocking unblockable attacks. All of this on top of him being a horseman and gaining bleed resistance and unstoppable when struck. As I've seen someone said... Aegon might just be the Skill Stryfe now.

Stryfe will remain mutant Aegon,purely because the abyss collector exists. He is by far the cheapest and easiest counter to the collector.
    I would've agreed with you maybe two hours ago... but right here I don't see anything making Aegon better for him. You must get hit for the damage stryfe puts up w/Aegon which chances a stun and the true strike isn't always reliable. Yes there is a r3 6* and a white magneto present, but Stryfe's heavy attack is actually long enough to heavy counter even though his playstyle doesn't revolve around heavies much. At most his abyss team would look like him and Apoc but Cable definitely seems like another person to have on the squad.

https://youtu.be/aK1lToqTi7o
    Hmmm.... i guess he is good for the abyss collector. Personally, I would like Stryfe to do my own testing but I am getting kinda swayed here although I will reserve my judgement until a few more months pass to see his practicality and uses that have sprung up.
  • SungjSungj Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    IceBro said:

Not to downplay stryfe but it's not difficult at all to ramp aegon to 300-500 hits in quests throughout act 6 and 7. Aegon also still has better overall utility with his pseudo everything immunity. I think Stryfe is still a top tier champion and is better than aegon in some situations but in the game's current state I still see aegon having more uses
  • DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Sungj said:

IceBro said:

Not to downplay stryfe but it's not difficult at all to ramp aegon to 300-500 hits in quests throughout act 6 and 7. Aegon also still has better overall utility with his pseudo everything immunity. I think Stryfe is still a top tier champion and is better than aegon in some situations but in the game's current state I still see aegon having more uses
    Thanks I just wanted to hear someone say he's indeed a top teir champion. I do think aegon is better, but damn has stryfe impressed me so far.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Stryfe has impressed me too. I just think that Aegon is still better and I wanna see some gameplay of Stryfe without synergies too.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    I disagree on Stryfe looking good. He's easily the ugliest champion they've released in years. This isn't an attack on Kabam designers at all, he looks just like that in the comics.
  • NekoTonoNekoTono Posts: 18
    edited January 2021
    To be fair it's a 6* R3 with Apoc, Prof X and White Mag synergy. Looks like he took path 1 mix with a bit of path 2 in the middle. Not sure if that team is viable for other paths especially path 4.

While he managed to 1 or 2 shots certain fights, I am sure there are also some fights that require more revives compared to Aegon and the usual counters. Also, path 1 is the only path where he can get 4 genetic codes in the beginning without Cable synergy.

Nonetheless, at least on the easy path Stryfe looks like a good lane clearer and good option for Collector. I'm curious to see the damage with just Apoc synergy though.
  • altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,281 ★★★★
    I'd be interested in seeing how Stryfe is when he is not a horseman, or doesn't have the other synergies.

In order to reach his optimal potential, have to have the luck to get a couple of newer champions, in addition to pulling him. At least, unlike Aegon, he doesn't require his sig to be able to carry his charges between fights.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    My thought is that he’s good but not comparable to aegon. From the game play I’ve seen it doesn’t look like he has enough reach for abyss or labyrinth. I don’t think it’s fair to look at rank 3 stryfe in abyss because it’s really unlikely that anyone doing abyss for progression has a rank 3 stryfe. And the rank 2 gameplay’s not good enough.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    So if I got him I’d use him for mid to long content like some stuff in act 6 but definitely not abyss.
  • IceBroIceBro Posts: 179 ★★

I did a full Lab path with Stryfe completely on his own to test out his viability without the other mutants accompanying him - and he still completely slew through the path.

3 Revives total, mostly because I really wanted to try and dex War Machine's Special 1 (didn't happen).

At the end of the day, Aegon & Stryfe are two different champions - and they're both absolute bangers who can make their way through a ton of content.

Thanks for the insight Karatemike. My thoughts exactly... though I personally dont use my Aegon for much because of his tiresome buildup so I'm looking more forward to Stryfe.
  • IceBro said:

I did a full Lab path with Stryfe completely on his own to test out his viability without the other mutants accompanying him - and he still completely slew through the path.

3 Revives total, mostly because I really wanted to try and dex War Machine's Special 1 (didn't happen).

At the end of the day, Aegon & Stryfe are two different champions - and they're both absolute bangers who can make their way through a ton of content.

Thanks for the insight Karatemike. My thoughts exactly... though I personally dont use my Aegon for much because of his tiresome buildup so I'm looking more forward to Stryfe.
    Same, I've used Aegon in Abyss and... well, that's it.
  • GardenerGardener Posts: 1,601 ★★★

@Karatemike415 wow well atleast i know im not the only one who ounce i see war machines SP1 animation i instantely try to dex back lol
  • Gardener said:

@Karatemike415 wow well atleast i know im not the only one who ounce i see war machines SP1 animation i instantely try to dex back lol
    Yeah, I tried like 8 times in a row.

In my defense, I REALLY thought I was gunna get it the eighth time.