**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Abyss Easy Path with 4* Aegon (as a FTP Player)

Hera1d_of_Ga1actusHera1d_of_Ga1actus Posts: 2,439 ★★★★★
Ok, I'm kinda tired at the moment but let me tell you all a story. The story of the Abyss easy path with 4* Aegon.

The Beginning:
January 2021. A new year and a new side event, except this time there were...free revives? I had gotten revives gifted to me during the gifting event in order to work on Act 6/Act 7 exploration but now I started thinking about Abyss. I didn't have a 5* Aegon and didn't want to wait any longer so I started formulating plans to take Abyss with a 4* Aegon. I began to grind arenas, maximize the awards I could get in 22hr events, and farming potions. If you look at my post "Abyssal Enhancement: Built Different" you can see that I only had 341 (which I later gifted as a GGC) leaving me with 41 units and a dream. I am 100% FTP and knew what I had to do so I hit up arenas VERY hard. I made sure to hit all the milestones in 5* and 4* Featured as well as the 4* Basic in every single arena. I farmed ROL as my brain turned to mush and goo. I have done many monotonous and boring things in this game but I won't lie when I say arena and ROL are boring. BORING AS HELL! I know BG has said "oh watch streams or do something else" and while it helps for a bit, eventually it just sucks and there's never a way to enjoy any of this grind. Trust me when I say that Abyss was 10000% easier than actually getting the resources to do an initial Abyss pass FTP. (Just saying this to show the the game's model may negatively affect certain players.) Anyways, I grinded the grind and binded the bind? (Idk I'm still kinda tired.) And it all led to TODAY!

The Run:
This segment is gonna be a collection of stats and also personal input and just me talking about the run.

Starting Resources:
4285 Units
9 Lvl 1 Potions
22 Lvl 2 Potions
230 Lvl 3 Potions
45 Lvl 3 Team Health Potions
22 Level 1 Revives
21 Level 2 Revives
10 Revive Tokens
2 Level 2 Team Revives
10 Lesser Attack Boosts
10 Attack Boosts
7 Lesser Health Boosts
1 Health Boost
4 Lesser Champion Boosts
8 Greater Champion Boosts

Team:
Sig 200 5/65 5* Void
Sig 20 5/65 5* Nick Fury
Sig 20 5/65 5* Symbiote Supreme
Sig 0 16/25 6* Heimdall
Sig 99 5/50 4* Aegon

^Straight up bring Heimdall if you're gonna do a similar run. Some people like Quake for the evade charges but on Abyss Collector the Heimdall synergy let me get in 2 lives worth of damage. Don't even argue with me on this, take in Heimdall.

(Fights are displayed like this
Boss
Revive Count
Champ I mainly Used)

Fights:
Thing
Revives: 14
Aegon
The first fight in the Abyss, honestly I felt pretty bad after this fight and was worried if I was really ready for this type of content but instead I kept pushing. Just a really long thing fight. Mainly use this fight to ramp up Aegon, but everyone already knows that.

Omega Red
Revives: 9
Aegon
My Aegon wasn't fully built up so I finished him off here and continued.

Quake
Revives: 4
Fury (one fight with Aegon)
Fun fight. DW with Fury. What more can I say, it's a science champion that can bleed. Seeing the low revive use on this fight helped me push onwards instead of giving up.

Medusa
Revives: 1
Symbiote Supreme
Just a really long Medusa fight.

Mephisto
Revives: 2
Void
Just a really long Mephisto fight.

Captain Marvel (Movie)
Symbiote Supreme
My GOD is this fight is so fun. Seeing Cap Marvel get blasted into another realm made me so happy and also caused me to lose and focus and die.

Ghost
Fury (One fight with Void)
Push Ghost to SP1, hope she doesn't dash back. Repeat until Ghost is a ghost.

Iron Man Infinity War
Revives: 6 (team revive used)
Void (Two fights with Fury, Symbiote Supreme, and one fight with Heimdall and Aegon)
It's Iron Man Infinity War, since when was this guy easy with anyone but Mags? The Abyssal tech armor up only makes this fight more of a pain in the last 15%. Hate you 3000 Tony. Luckily Void made quick work of this billionaire playboy philanthropist.

Joe Fixit
Revives: 3
Void
I like this fight. Get some weakness, fate seal, and armor break debuffs on you and heal up with WP in order to take heavies until Mr. Fixit gets gamma healing and just have fun with Void doing Void stuffs. Very satisfying to see an opponent lose 3K health every tick.

Mordo
Void (One fight with Fury)
Thought I was thinking out of the box when I thought I could use Fury and build up tactical charges to cancel his evade. *Cue pain* Anyways, I used Void for this and got pretty lucky on his evades not proccing. Just a big boi Mordo.

Venom The Duck
Symbiote Supreme
Thought this fight would be a lot easier but he has a lot of health and I kept taking pictures of weird bugs like this.
(His bleeds are showing up as parry stuns.) Don't get too sad if VTD calls you mean names during the SP3.

Howard The Duck
Revives: 4 (Got into my unit stash on this fight)
Fury (One fight with Aegon, Symbiote Supreme, and Void)
Interesting fight. Heavy until the charges are gone then commit actions that PETA may deem as unacceptable.

Hyperion
Symbiote Supreme
Just a really long Hyperion fight.

The Champion
Symbiote Supreme
Just a really long Champion fight.

Cyclops
Revives: 7 (Team revive from login in the middle of my run used)
Fury (One fight with Aegon, Symbiote Supreme, Heimdall, and Void)
Pretty sure everyone gets rekt on this. Kept on getting light enders with Fury even when it would make the spacing difficult for me to evade or parry the SP1/SP2. Very effective defender.

Loki
Fury
Just a regular Loki fight but you gotta manage your power. If you're at 0 power block and let him hit your block as it will you give you some power. That's really the only tip I can give. Getting clipped on the SP1 while using Fury made me cry.

Aegon
Symbiote Supreme
Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, SP3. *Nullified* Hit, hit, hit, hit, hit, SP3. Be sure to occasionally throw in SP2s and you'll have this disabled man knocked out in no time.

Invisible Woman
Fury
When using Fury be sure to get up a Internal Bleed as it will make Invisible Woman's shield disappear quicker. I learned this on my 2nd fight so learn from my mistakes.

Cull Obsidian
Revives: 0
Symbiote Supreme
A fight Kabam gives you to make you feel good before they spit in your face.

Abyss (Unit) Collector
Revives: 37
Aegon

This guy eats units, like A LOT. Best thing I can say is use Aegon. You may have seen that for almost this entire run I haven't used Aegon but I am not lying when I say he was my only good option for Collector. A 4* AEGON WILL DO BETTER THAN THE OTHER CHAMPS I HAD BROUGHT IN! TRUST ME! Be sure to start fights with heavies and pray not to get stunned so you can get in a percent or two off. Heimdall is clutch here as you can spend a few seconds having an unstoppable party where Aegon and the Collector ram into each other like mad men. I started this fight with 3280 units and ended with 1600. Yeah.

I was almost always boosted throughout this entire run and only ran suicides on fights where I almost strictly used Aegon.

The End:
Before I get onto the rewards I just wanted to say thanks to my friend (you know who you are) for being there during my Abyss run. Definitely made it a lot more enjoyable than grinding through the hard content by myself.

Anyways, I ended with 1600 units that were enough to get another level in deep wounds. So I obviously bought 5 featured cavs. Pulled, 4* Cable, 3* Sunspot, 4* Mordo, 4* Winter Soldier, and a 5* Nexus. WAIT WHAT?? I GOT A 5* NEXUS?!? Me and my friend blew up when we saw that. Went on to my basic 5* and finally pulled Beardo! Have wanted this guy for so so SO long and now that I have him I can't even use him or dump sigs in him because they all went into Void and all my science resources had to go to something else. Opened the 5* Nexus and got Spider-Gwen, I don't really know to much about her overall but another 5* champ.
Onto the two 6* featured crystals. After my Abyss initial path I pull a...... 6* Wasp dupe from the first crystal. (Didn’t take a pic lol) :neutral: I then pulled Longshot out of the second one and I felt much better.
I opened up the AG and got mystic (would've used it on my 6* MS but she is already duped).
And finally a science T5CC from the T5CC crystal. So to get TB I had to take up duped 6* Wasp.
Whatever, I'll probably use her but just didn't feel that great in the moment.

Anyways, that's my Abyss run. To anyone wondering, Abyss is a lot easier than you think it is. The first fights on any path are big bullies but after that and once you get into the flow of things the content is genuinely pretty fun.

Comments

• Options
    Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Congrats and nice write up
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    Congo. How was the experience with 4* aegon? After getting at 999 combo did it feel like he was too small?
  • Options

Congo. How was the experience with 4* aegon? After getting at 999 combo did it feel like he was too small?

Ngl yeah. I mainly used other champs to clear just cause they outdamaged him. However the Collector is a whole different can of worms and even as a 4* I believe he is the best option in a roster
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

Ngl yeah. I mainly used other champs to clear just cause they outdamaged him. However the Collector is a whole different can of worms and even as a 4* I believe he is the best option in a roster
    So is it worth it to take a 4* aegon instead of say a 5* ghost or corvus?
  • Options

I don't know how well Corvus would work for Collector but I feel it would be better than 4* Aegon. Again, this has been my only run and I only really know about what I did, sorry that I am not 100% sure about this stuff. I think BG has an attempt on Youtube where he used 5* Corvus for Collector. You can compare those numbers to my post
  • Options
    The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    Oooffff, congo!
  • Options
    Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★

Most people that don’t have Aegon bring Corvus for collector. Get your charges from omega and imiw.
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Congrats!
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    I thought this was a joke

congrats
  • Options
    EpistriatusEpistriatus Posts: 1,248 ★★★★
    Congrats, really great write-up, the Cull story/joke was just 😂😂🤣🤣

What I don’t get is the reluctance to take Wasp to rank 3?
  • Options

Congrats, really great write-up, the Cull story/joke was just 😂😂🤣🤣

What I don’t get is the reluctance to take Wasp to rank 3?

Not my favorite champ. But she is kind of growing on me a bit.
  • Options
    DannyB01DannyB01 Posts: 471 ★★★
    Great work, you smashed it! That R3 Wasp would be great, and pulling Longshot is excellent. CapIW 5* is solid too, as you want him max sig and that's fairly attainable now.

Not sure I'd recommend a 4* Aegon as ProfX, Stryfe, Horseman Cable etc can do so much damage, but it's awesome that you tried with him. Glad the rewards were worth the effort too.
  • Options
    BsuGuyBsuGuy Posts: 138
    edited January 2021
    Congrats on an amazing run. There was a moment after I opened my 40th dual class crystal and didn't pull Aegon where I really considered going into the Abyss with SL. But you went hard and took a 4* Aegon. That is next level
  • Options
    LawmakerLawmaker Posts: 6
    edited January 2021
    Hey what’s going on I’m a FTP looking to go for abyss I just don’t know who to bring in and how many units I should grind. I have rank 4 void sig 100 rank 4 torch sig 100 4* max nick rank 5/65 aegon sig 100 magneto rank 4 and heimdall but what should my team be
  • Options
    Lawmaker said:

Hey what’s going on I’m a FTP looking to go for abyss I just don’t know who to bring in and how many units I should grind. I have rank 4 void sig 100 rank 4 torch sig 100 4* max nick rank 5/65 aegon sig 100 magneto rank 4 and heimdall but what should my team be

Have a good mystic to take care of the cosmics. If you can play well I’d stock up around 4K units. Heimdall seens great and Torch is good but I don’t have one myself
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    Nice write up and gratz.

Btw ive seen people use Wasp for Collector and their main attacker :)
  • Options
    LawmakerLawmaker Posts: 6

Lawmaker said:

Have a good mystic to take care of the cosmics. If you can play well I’d stock up around 4K units. Heimdall seens great and Torch is good but I don’t have one myself
    thanks for the help i fogot to mention that i have a 5/65 doom so he will hep aswell
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Lvernon15 said:

Personally I feel like 4* aegon was a bit of a mistake looking at that, you’d have been better off using void for omega and thing, 37 revives on collector can be performed by a 5* damage dealing champ, ghost Corvus etc

Don’t have either of them and while waiting would’ve been a better option. What’s the fun in that?
  • Options
    Wakandas_FinestWakandas_Finest Posts: 827 ★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

Personally I feel like 4* aegon was a bit of a mistake looking at that, you’d have been better off using void for omega and thing, 37 revives on collector can be performed by a 5* damage dealing champ, ghost Corvus etc

Don’t have either of them and while waiting would’ve been a better option. What’s the fun in that?
    Would have been better taking your 5* sig 120 colossus than a 4* aegon. Check out Metal Sonic Dude on YouTube he 100% the abyss without Aegon. I think too many player get hung up on specific champs. They’re are other options other than aegon
  • Options
    Moot4LifeMoot4Life Posts: 2,132 ★★★★

Lvernon15 said:

send your roster and we can find better options whilst making you feel bad about using 4* aegon
  • Options
    StevieManWonderStevieManWonder Posts: 5,017 ★★★★★
    Don't be bummed about taking up Wasp. She is an absolute monster.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Moot4Life said:

Lvernon15 said:

send your roster and we can find better options whilst making you feel bad about using 4* aegon

And to anyone wondering why I chose Ægon. The answer is Collector. The amount of Unstoppable in that fight is unbearable and at least with Ægon I can get hits in. Most pther champs could clear the lane better but I still believe no other champ (maybe Stryfe) is as good for the Collector as Ægon is.