**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

WHY MUST THIS GAME TEASE ME SO?!

LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Ahhh Man, this was the last of the Previous 5 Star Featureds! It says I got a New Champion in the Unviewed Tab Items, there's only 2 Champions left in that Crystal I didn't have as 5 Stars, Professor X and Venom...
It's On Venom (who I've been trying to get for AGES), then rolls over to Professor X who will never get used cause I already have the 6 Star... Yes yes the reel means nothing, I'm clearly well aware, but it didn't have to taunt me like that Savage Visual RNG.

Wish me luck I guess because now it's back to the Cosmic/Tech Crystals, which I've been Only Opening Those since their release till that batch of Featureds came in with the 1/24 Chance at Venom...

Comments

• TheBair123TheBair123 Posts: 5,344 ★★★★★
    Well at least Prof X isn't the worst you could get. Having a 5* and a 6* version of him is the least of a lot of problems
  • SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 ★★★★★
    rip
  • LibertyPrimeV1LibertyPrimeV1 Posts: 4,179 ★★★★★

Well at least Prof X isn't the worst you could get. Having a 5* and a 6* version of him is the least of a lot of problems

But he has literally no use, his Dupe isn't Required so using a Gem on the 5 Star isn't gonna make him more worth it, the Rank Up Resources required to be useful would be way more well spent on Wolverine or Gambit, as well it would cost less Resources overall to Rank 2 the 6 Star which I'm planning on doing.

Then on top of all that whenever I want to use Prof X himself I have to restart the game Everytime because if I don't it crashes due to the Particle Effects from the Background plus the Effects from his Specials appears to be too much for my Device to handle too many of. 😐
  • hermherm Posts: 415 ★★
    Meanwhile, I'm over here with a 5 and 6-star venom and no professor X's :\
    jk lol I love my venoms. good luck in ur hunt

Honestly, Prof X is a really good pull, even if you've got the higher star version of him. He's one of those Champs that you can run double of on a team to wreck major damage. It isn't a huge deal-breaker, and in the worst case scenario you can use the 5 star one in AW and save your 6 star for Questing.

I don't do AW and again it'd be a waste of Resources when I could use them to get a Stronger Rank 2 6 Star Prof X, or Rank 5 Wolverine and/or Gambit since I have Apocalypse.
    herm said:

Meanwhile, I'm over here with a 5 and 6-star venom and no professor X's :\
    jk lol I love my venoms. good luck in ur hunt

He's in the Basic Pool now so at least you could get him from any regular crystals. Hope you get him
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★
    Professor X is much better than Venom.

Lmao sure...
    *cough cough* Venom And Every Variant...

In all seriousness both have their own uses and can totally slice apart enemies, but Venom just Dominates So Much Content Period.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★

Lmao sure...

In all seriousness both have their own uses and can totally slice apart enemies, but Venom just Dominates So Much Content Period.
    He has a 6 star rank 3 Venom so he's a pro Venom player giving his honest opinion lol
    edited January 2021

Lmao sure...

He has a 6 star rank 3 Venom so he's a pro Venom player giving his honest opinion lol
    And I've been clearing Variant and Cavalier content with a 4 Star Venom since their release...

😂 Jkjk, not saying there can't be opinions and both are extremely good. In my opinion though Prof X is not "much better" than Venom, they are both Top Tier and slice through their respective matchups.

Lmao sure...

And I've been clearing Variant and Cavalier content with a 4 Star Venom since their release...

😂 Jkjk, not saying there can't be opinions and both are extremely good. In my opinion though Prof X is not "much better" than Venom, they are both Top Tier and slice through their respective matchups.
    (Cavalier Content as is EQ/SQ, obviously can't use 4 Stars in Act 6/7)
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Posts: 4,494 ★★★★★

Lmao sure...

Professor X has more utility, he just deals with more and has a higher damage output than Venom, dont get me wrong I love my boy venom, just Professor X is on a diffrent level.

Lmao sure...

Professor X has more utility, he just deals with more and has a higher damage output than Venom, dont get me wrong I love my boy venom, just Professor X is on a diffrent level.
    I'd disagree on Utility somewhat (I'd say equal if you add up their respective uses), definitely doesn't deal with more (Venom rules all the Variants as a whole, and Slays any Matchup that can Bleed but even then Cruelty lets him handle Bleed Immune just fine), Prof X's Damage Output is higher yes but in most fights you don't see much of it past a certain point and Venom's is much quicker Ramp Up especially with the Awakened Ability.
    As well don't get me wrong either I Love Prof X to the point he's gonna be my first Rank 2 (even before my Magneto and Awakened Omega Red) after putting 6 Stars off for so long and at the rate I'm getting T5 Mutant Fragments (actually had some Ridiculous Amazing Luck with that RNG) he'll be my first Rank 3 at the latest by the end of the year.
    It's just even then I'll still see myself having a 5 Star Venom on Every Team and using him on tons of fights everywhere, like I said I'm still to this day using the 4 Star over a bunch of other options.
    Faseeh said:

I was abt to say prof x amazing ur dumb!! But u hv a 6* so cant now :/

Yeah nothing wrong with Prof X, just don't need the 5 Star.
  • JohnyBoyJohnyBoy Posts: 176 ★★
    If it makes you feel better, I also don’t have the 5* version of Venom. But I have all other versions. 🤑🤑🤑
  • TrashPanda12TrashPanda12 Posts: 531 ★★★
    Not trying to flex but the free featured gave me venom. I've wanted him for so long. Good luck, you will get him eventually!
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    I'll trade you my 5* Venom for your 6* Prof.

Not trying to flex but the free featured gave me venom. I've wanted him for so long. Good luck, you will get him eventually!

Ah lucky, that's what this one was and what I was hoping would happen...