**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Yellowjacket Debate...

13»

Comments

• Options
    EtjamaEtjama Posts: 7,981 ★★★★★

Etjama said:

How about those who have done extensive testing themselves and have found him to have some super good utility and would rank him up if they had him awakened at a high sig? His damage at max sig is more than enough to make me want to rank him up for his extremely high utility. It may not be great, but it's really solid.

With science being the class that 100% relies on sig stones the most, it would be VERY hard to justify using stones on yellowjacket as opposed to saving them for cap iw/void/other better champs. Sig stones aren't super easy to get to max a champ out, still takes a while.
    Again, not being willing to invest those sig stones into the character is one thing. That's fine, that's understandable. But acting like he doesn't have damage is wrong cause it's obviously there. Not saying you should rank him up, he may not be for you. And I'm definitely not saying he's at the top of his class. But needing max sig for some really solid damage doesn't make the character bad.
  • Options
    DualityCopeDualityCope Posts: 433 ★★★
    Group 2: meh
    Etjama said:

Etjama said:

How about those who have done extensive testing themselves and have found him to have some super good utility and would rank him up if they had him awakened at a high sig? His damage at max sig is more than enough to make me want to rank him up for his extremely high utility. It may not be great, but it's really solid.

With science being the class that 100% relies on sig stones the most, it would be VERY hard to justify using stones on yellowjacket as opposed to saving them for cap iw/void/other better champs. Sig stones aren't super easy to get to max a champ out, still takes a while.
    Again, not being willing to invest those sig stones into the character is one thing. That's fine, that's understandable. But acting like he doesn't have damage is wrong cause it's obviously there. Not saying you should rank him up, he may not be for you. And I'm definitely not saying he's at the top of his class. But needing max sig for some really solid damage doesn't make the character bad.
    Yeah I just don't think I'm in the demographic for this type of buff. For me they gotta be the very best at one thing or very close to it, or else they just won't be used in content that would progress my account. Newer players might like yellow jacket but for players further in I don't see him being ranked up, let alone being taken to sig 200.
  • Options
    BlackTuranBlackTuran Posts: 642 ★★★
    Etjama said:

Grean said:

Grean said:

Also, I don’t understand why people say he’s tougher on defense now, literally nothing has changed in that regard other than high energy resistance and taking less damage from unblockable attacks

the only difference about him on defence is that he takes longer to quake cuz of the physical resistance
    Yes he is very annoying in that regard.
    But he still isn't that hard. I am doing variant 2 rn and so far all of the yj bosses ive fought have fallen to quakes hands
    Don’t they have encroaching stun there?
    Encroaching Stun is Quakable.
    Very stressful though, I’d rather just use an XL champ