**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How to fix Daredevil (Hell's Kitchen)

IceBroㅤIceBroㅤ Posts: 14
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
I think a majority of the MCOC community can agree that the DDHK buff was just so underwhelming in so many aspects. The damage just didn't feel right and although the utility was there... however, the execution of one of his main utilities just didn't work out and is inferior to other champ's shrugging abilities. One of the main issues of DDHK is that his regen rate prevents him from being used against debuffs or with the suicide masteries. There is a way to compromise and make DDHK a beyond god tier champ in one simple fix: Make it so that the Murdock's Boy phase shrugs off one of each debuff from DDHK. Why is this such an ingenious change you may ask? Well... it works well with what Kabam was trying to go for. Free healing for a majority of the fight but at a cost and not as much. By this fix... DDHK can start the fight with his suicides shrugged and or any debuff from the node. This change mirrors the buff of Kingpin who gave me a glance at how DDHK should've been properly executed. This would completely shift the view of him and make him a top tier skill champ and a staple to people's rosters because of his utility. There is a cooldown to keep this ability relatively tame but the AAR from Stick's Apprentice and from the Elektra/Psylocke synergy can make him an absolute contender for top tier skill. Please Kabam... take this into note when you gather your data. Nobody is using DDHK rn for good reason too.
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    IceBroㅤIceBroㅤ Posts: 14
    As for the Damage... it's debatable whether it fits for his utility or that it should recieve a boost overall. I do belief in fact that the sp3 simply does not have enough chance to get off the direct bleed damage. At least consider bumping up the chance of the passive bleed by 15% up to 50%. Only a 35% chance is just too RnG reliant.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,806 ★★★★★
    Paragraphs please
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 846 ★★★★
    IceBroㅤ said:

...Make it so that the Murdock's Boy phase shrugs off one of each debuff from DDHK. Why is this such an ingenious change you may ask? Well... it works well with what Kabam was trying to go for. Free healing for a majority of the fight but at a cost and not as much. By this fix... DDHK can start the fight with his suicides shrugged and or any debuff from the node. This change mirrors the buff of Kingpin who gave me a glance at how DDHK should've been properly executed.

This gets a thumbs up from me.

Kingpins recent buff (which I really like) handles the Regen issue which impacts on damaging debuffs more effectively than DDHK, who doesn’t. Whilst Kabam have said they aren’t doing anything with DDHK for now, something like this would be a welcome and balanced change for when they do.
  • Options
    magnus_xixmagnus_xix Posts: 2,020 ★★★★★
    Leave the poor guy alone. He's fine as he is
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 846 ★★★★

The kingpin buff really does highlight what went wrong with daredevil and it’s quite sad really, so similar in many ways but one slight difference with how damaging debuffs are dealt with makes one amazing and leaves the other still gathering dust.

All in all, it wouldn’t be a massive change but just deals with what many have said is one of the drawbacks with the DDHK kit. Bringing DDHK in line with Kingpin would/should simplify any rework time and testing, when and if they decide to do it.