Passing up 10% t5cc side objective this month *shrugs* “oh well I guess haha”....anyone else?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,534 ★★★★★

Oh wow..... more comments than I expected to come back to hahA

Anyways

@GroundedWisdom so heres my thing
    I had taken up 4* for the way cav was setup for the ones that benefited the most from it. Its been changed now and I personally am just not looking to do that again, its also not even about a stubbornness. It is just a known fact that they do know play a big part in the game currently if you are cavalier/Thronebreaker
    With the new buffs, it just isn’t so fun or the ideal way of getting through it with 4*( in my opinion )

......BUT I do get what you mean, it is just our decision to go for it or not, but choosing to not rank up 4* isnt really about stubbornness (not completely haha)

Well, the individual personal decisions aren't necessarily about stubbornness. That's entirely reasonable. The decision to not Rank a 4* on principle is. This is the 3rd time it's come up, I believe? It's clear it will be a recurring thing. Seems to me like they're giving people a reason to use them, and some just refuse to use them.
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Member Posts: 6,469 ★★★★★

GagoH said:

They need to give us rank up gems for 4*’s. Nobody’s going to rank anything less than a 5*

That's the problem. People are too set in their ways about Ranking 4*s. Which started around the time 6*s came about. They keep saying they have no use for them, even when they have a use for them. Up to them, but they're missing out on Rewards.
    With the amount of resources it takes to rank up a 4* and the amount of resources it takes to rank up a 5* or 6*, why would you spend so much on a 4*? Its not about being 'set in our ways'. It's just a lot of resources to use.
    Actually it is about being set in our ways. Resources come and go, and no one told people to swear off Ranking 4*s. That's not by design, that's by choice. Nor do you really use anything of great significance for a 4* that you use for a 6*. It's just stubbornness, to be totally honest. Between 6*s being added and 4*s being banned from Act 6, people can't be bothered. Even when they introduce something to make use of them, some refuse to Rank them. The game isn't making that decision for them.
    So personally, I need a 4* to cover 4/6 nodes. Thats a lot of t4b and the t1a adds up. Im a weirdo, i actually like ranking 4*s sometimes. I recently maxed Tigra. I think the challenge is pretty monotonous and less skill than endurance. Pretty boring but worth the rewards. Where i am in game i think id value 20 t4b and 10 t1a plus iso and gold>10% t5cc. And its random so i already know it would be skill.

Towards the end of the month i might power through with Quake. Set aside a few hours.

GagoH said:

They need to give us rank up gems for 4*’s. Nobody’s going to rank anything less than a 5*

That's the problem. People are too set in their ways about Ranking 4*s. Which started around the time 6*s came about. They keep saying they have no use for them, even when they have a use for them. Up to them, but they're missing out on Rewards.
    With the amount of resources it takes to rank up a 4* and the amount of resources it takes to rank up a 5* or 6*, why would you spend so much on a 4*? Its not about being 'set in our ways'. It's just a lot of resources to use.
    Actually it is about being set in our ways. Resources come and go, and no one told people to swear off Ranking 4*s. That's not by design, that's by choice. Nor do you really use anything of great significance for a 4* that you use for a 6*. It's just stubbornness, to be totally honest. Between 6*s being added and 4*s being banned from Act 6, people can't be bothered. Even when they introduce something to make use of them, some refuse to Rank them. The game isn't making that decision for them.
    So personally, I need a 4* to cover 4/6 nodes. Thats a lot of t4b and the t1a adds up. Im a weirdo, i actually like ranking 4*s sometimes. I recently maxed Tigra. I think the challenge is pretty monotonous and less skill than endurance. Pretty boring but worth the rewards. Where i am in game i think id value 20 t4b and 10 t1a plus iso and gold>10% t5cc. And its random so i already know it would be skill.

Towards the end of the month i might power through with Quake. Set aside a few hours.
    I get that. Again, it also depends on where someone is at. If they're eking towards their first R3, it all makes a difference. I'm more or less talking about the refusal to Rank a 4* because Act 6 prohibits them, or because people think they have no use for them. First off, I don't know what realm of logic they resided in when they thought a 4* would push through Act 6, 7, and onward. Secondly, it's evident they will have other uses in other areas of the game from time to time.
    I'm even weirder than you. I don't see anything I Rank as a waste. Whether I'm using it immediately or not. Progress is progress. ;)

GagoH said:

I get that. Again, it also depends on where someone is at. If they're eking towards their first R3, it all makes a difference. I'm more or less talking about the refusal to Rank a 4* because Act 6 prohibits them, or because people think they have no use for them. First off, I don't know what realm of logic they resided in when they thought a 4* would push through Act 6, 7, and onward. Secondly, it's evident they will have other uses in other areas of the game from time to time.
    I'm even weirder than you. I don't see anything I Rank as a waste. Whether I'm using it immediately or not. Progress is progress. ;)
    Im done with the hell-hole known as act 6, so it doesnt bother me. But yeah, i see what you mean. I like ranking 4*s that i cant pull as 5*s as well.

If youre inching to a r3 id definitely rank some 4*s for this.
    edited February 2021

GagoH said:

Im done with the hell-hole known as act 6, so it doesnt bother me. But yeah, i see what you mean. I like ranking 4*s that i cant pull as 5*s as well.

If youre inching to a r3 id definitely rank some 4*s for this.
    Yeah, for me Ranking is just a matter of what I'm working on and what I'm not. When I'm waiting for higher Cats or in between choices, I do some 2-4*s. I basically spread it around. It all goes into the pool. More options is more options, and regardless of whether people say Total Rating doesn't matter, it matters to me because it's my time and effort.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Member Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    If I wasn’t making my abyss run this month I’d go for it
  • PalanthraxPalanthrax Member Posts: 918 ★★★★
    I have a 2017 set of 4* champs and there’s no way I’m ranking newer ones up. Hard pass.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Member Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    It’s a hard pass for me. I rather them set a P.I limit then 4* limit . I don’t mind using my 3/45 champs or even 2/45 champs. It’s just I can’t get my 4*champs high enough to do the content.
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Member Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★

I did a run through of Cav with all four stars for the objective (got freaking cosmic, unfortunately) and it was miserable. I had boosts on too, but I had to revive a fair bit--which is actually good for me since I had a ton of revives in the overflow. It's really terrible for the rewards, not fun at all. Seriously, I hate this objective not because it requires four stars, but because it's the only endgame content where I can use four stars. I only have 12 r5 four stars and I won't get anymore because I'm not wasting resources on four stars that I can only use for one objective every couple of months. If the game had more endgame content where four stars are available, I'd actually rank them, but there's not so this objective blows.

I agree , but what mode can you potentially use your 4*s ? There was the variant. But there is no more incentive to keep up with your roster as far as 3* and 4* champs .
  • VendemiaireVendemiaire Member Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    If they're gonna do this thing every other month or so, I just hope that aside from the 10% T5CC, there'll be some 4* Rank up gem crystals in the objective rewards.

There are a lot of us who still values T4Bs and T1As because we are still ranking up our 5*s more than our 6*s.
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I think older players have an advantage cause we did rank some 4* to get through act 4 and 5 back when there was less access to 5*. So we don't really have to rank new ones. Now, this of course does assume that the new buffs still incorporate older champs. Shall see. If so, I don't mind it. In either case, the introduction of more 4* rank up gem resources (as I saw mentioned here) would be a nice gesture. Perhaps as part of the rewards for this challenge?
  • MauledMauled Member, Guardian Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    I like the idea but I’m still pigeonholing the same 10 R5s and hoping for the best. Had to use a R4 IMIW fir the tech one...
    gsil6374 said:

Pass. I play video games to have fun and this is not fun for me.

Fun is one thing. Of course there has to be an element of enjoyment. However, challenge and effort over time are also a part of successful games. Especially when you're talking about the higher-end Rewards. It's virtually impossible to make it all fun and no challenge and still keep people engaged. At the same time, if it's insurmountably frustrating, that seems to suck the enjoyment instantly. Using lower Rarities to make things more interesting isn't something new. It's been going on ever since people were using 2*s to beat ROL. It's also somewhat comical to me that some people have their arms folded about doing 4* challenges because they can't use 4*s in Act 6, which is much the same thing. Regardless, things will not always be "one-click fun", especially when you get into the higher aspects of the game. This is an element of the game that makes use of Champs sitting idle. That's quite enjoyable. It adds a new layer.
    Then there's accounting for taste, and if someone doesn't find this particular challenge enjoyable, then that's their preference.

I think older players have an advantage cause we did rank some 4* to get through act 4 and 5 back when there was less access to 5*. So we don't really have to rank new ones. Now, this of course does assume that the new buffs still incorporate older champs. Shall see. If so, I don't mind it.

I'm fairly new (a year) but I made my 4* roster pretty decent before I focused on 5*s. I have more than 20+ above R4 and I have Quake, Ghost, Warlock, and Hype among others at R5 that I used for exploring V4. I'll do the challenge but to make my run more efficient by taking advantage of the Cavalier Buff nodes, I still need to rank up a few champs. It was fine then because I was in a low map alliance and T4Bs and T1As were left and right, but now I'm in a Map 6 alliance, it has become scarce that I'd rather save it for my 5* rankups. Also, there's the ISO issue.
    As for Resources, I go through T1A, T4CC, and T4B like brushing teeth. I have almost 10 Mil Gold and ISO expiring. Not sure why it's such a dire choice.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

One of the worst objectives has made a return haha, and Im still at place where I am choosing not to rank up 4* because I cant use 4* as AW def placement, not taking them in AQ, or Act 7 (even though I 100% it already lol)
    I mean it’s unfortunate that this objective couldn’t be a selector at least, because with the difficulty, its still just does not feel rewarding for the effort put into the objective, also with the new buffs for cav quests, it also feels a bit more tedious than it did before(imo, some of y’all could think otherwise and thats fine haha)

Idk like I said for the objectives involving a team of 4* or below for the EQ, they should be selectors, for others that just say “beat legendary side quest 20-30” times should be the crystal 🤷🏽🤷🏽....maybe next month haha

Anyone else gonna be skipping this objective or gonna be pushing for it?

Did I just hear you suggest us beating the side quest 20-30 times? People cry about exploring it, let alone multiple runs.

I'd rather they stick with the 4*.. imagine you ranked a load of 4*s and suddenly oh we won't do this one for 6 months. I liked it because it was the same champs needed, you could get away with 1 or two R3/R4 champs, if they're the right champs, the rest a synergy team and it made it reasonable. Its not meant to be easy.
    What I don't like is the changing on nodes after people may have ranked specifically for the old nodes.

I'll probably still do the challenge, it's a challenge which is nice for once. If the new nodes get too irritating, I'll skip it personally. I get more than that weekly from AQ.
    Exactly that.
    Myself, as I suppose many others did, took a bunch of 4*s to r4 or even r5 for this objective past months, that suit the Cav difficulty nodes.
    The resources “burn” seemed reasonable, as far these champs had long term use on this objective, but Kabam just decided to change Cavalier nodes leaving many of those champs out.
    I would be ok with ranking up more 4*s for the objective, if t1a and iso were more widely available, but now seems like a risky move.
    Also t4bc and t4cc are catalysts that weirdly 6*s need too.
    Maybe next month Kabam decides to change Cavalier nodes again. What happens then?
    We will end up ranking on a monthly cadence 4*s instead of 5*s and 6*s?
    Increase lower tier catalysts flow, keep steady Cavalier nodes or never return this objective again.

As for Resources, I go through T1A, T4CC, and T4B like brushing teeth. I have almost 10 Mil Gold and ISO expiring. Not sure why it's such a dire choice.

Ohh not you, again.

I have enough of those and 14M gold, but I'm at the point where my focus is ranking up 5*s and a few 6*s that coincides with my need to get all the T5CCs I can get to be TB.

ISO, on the otherhand, I had a lot of those in overflow when I was doing my regular arena. Right now, I'm busy to do it regularly. Not everyone has the same situation as you, semantic guy.
    Well since you took the liberty to call me semantics guy, you're focusing on 5*s to get you what a 4* can help with right now, with less cost. Just sayin'.
  • Chrisco66Chrisco66 Member Posts: 66
    Time to introduce something different for the side event 10% t5cc kabam. Get more innovative plz. You’re going backwards
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Member Posts: 753 ★★★
    xNig said:

It’s pretty alright.

Brought Yondu in for the Tech one.

That’s fast.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,366 ★★★★★
    A hard pass from me - if it was a t5cc each objective (like 2,4,6,8 then 10%) maybe. As it is not worth the rank up resources that I'd need to carry half my 4* to rank 4 or 5. Also after exploring cav EQ normally I'm not going to want to do it again even once, base don previous months. it is tiring mentally doing all these paths. Also need to see what works on these new globals.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    I have already finished it itemless and I will be uploading all the videos later.
    Quest 1) Void Torch Nick Quake Ghost

Quest 2) Starlord, Tigra, Ghost, Nick, Quake

Quest 3) Medusa, Hyperion, Nick, Quake, Tigra

Quest 4) Gwenpool, Nick Fury, Quake, Ghost, Tigra

Quest 5) AA, Quake, Nick, Star Lord, Torch

Quest 6) Tigra, Quake, Nick, Torch, Medusa.
  • Agent_X_zzzAgent_X_zzz Member Posts: 4,498 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021

I have already finished it itemless and I will be uploading all the videos later.

Ugh you and your mad quake skills🤦‍♂️
    I really did not use quake very much, only for Super Skrull and a mephisto / doom fight. Imo it was really not that difficult. Nick/Dusa/Starlord/Torch/Void did most for me.

Awesome! As usual.

Well, at least it's Quakable. Gotta polish my 4*R5 Quake then.
    New r5. I bought 8 t4b from the glory store and voila.