**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Passing up 10% t5cc side objective this month *shrugs* “oh well I guess haha”....anyone else?

Comments

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,236 ★★★★★
    Bahubali said:

Also, Players rank up 4* champs for these objectives and then Kabam changes the cav EQ buffs and these 4* become useless..

I ranked up 4* Angela and Hyp for Cav Objectives.. Now with new buffs, cant really use them..Have to go for Medusa or CG..

That's the same as any other EQ. Different Quests will require different counters.
    Also worth pointing out we only need to beat the Boss with a 4*. Not the whole Path.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Bahubali said:

Also, Players rank up 4* champs for these objectives and then Kabam changes the cav EQ buffs and these 4* become useless..

I ranked up 4* Angela and Hyp for Cav Objectives.. Now with new buffs, cant really use them..Have to go for Medusa or CG..

And this is really the most annoying part of the challenge.
    Having to waste valuable t1a, t4bc and iso on 4*s every few months to catch up with the new nodes, while in the meantime those resources are needed for 5* and 6* rank ups.
    I like the challenge, but if they keep rotating nodes every couple of months, they should make more available 4* rank up materials too.
    And why in 2021, stuff like t1a are still have to be bottlenecks?
    Just make the arena give 10 t1a, introduce a daily quest for couple of t1a and get done with the problem.
    Why Kabam even afraid to do this? Game balance?
    Come on, t1a even if we 10x increase them, at every place they are rewarded, can’t break the game.
    Someone needs to sell 200 to get a fully formed t2a, which nowadays isn’t even that valuable.
    Rank up materials should be widely available after the point they are not amongst the top tier anymore, that’s game balance.
    Post edited by Kabam Valiant on

Also worth pointing out we only need to beat the Boss with a 4*. Not the whole Path.

You need to beat the boss using only a team comprising of just 4*s. So unless you can show me how I can magically conjure up a 5/6* to appear on my team to be a path clearer, I can’t think of how just using a 4* to beat the boss is gonna fulfil the requirements.
    So it is. I read too fast.
  • SatsuiNoHadouSatsuiNoHadou Posts: 753 ★★★
    Bahubali said:

The mistake you made was to be too narrowly focused; it was never a given that EQ cavalier nodes were gonna stay static.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★

Bahubali said:

The mistake you made was to be too narrowly focused; it was never a given that EQ cavalier nodes were gonna stay static.
    Plus Kabam have said that these nodes might reappear some time later. They won't be gone for ever. So, it's not like your champions won't ever have any use even if it's only for the 4 star challenge.
  • BahubaliBahubali Posts: 438 ★★★

Lol.. It clearly says using a team of 4* or lower rarities..
    Bahubali said:

I know. I was wrong. I read it too fast when I saw it.
    Pulyaman said:

Well, that is not how it works at all. You need to beat the Boss with a team of 4 stars. That means a team of 4 stars for the whole path. I think this is what @DrZola was talking about. Experience matters my friend.
    No, that's not at all what he was saying. He was saying I wasn't making the same point as xNig because he had more experience, when I made exactly the same point. If someone is going to come for my comments, by all means. At least have something more substantial than prejudice.
    edited February 2021
    Greekhit said:

Bahubali said:

Having to waste valuable t1a, t4bc and iso on 4*s every few months to catch up with the new nodes, while in the meantime those resources are needed for 5* and 6* rank ups.
    I like the challenge, but if they keep rotating nodes every couple of months, they should make more available 4* rank up materials too.
    And why the h*** in 2021, stuff like t1a are still have to be bottlenecks?
    Just make the arena give 10 t1a, introduce a daily quest for couple of t1a and get done with the problem.
    Come on, t1a even if we 10x increase them, at every place they are rewarded, can’t break the game.
    Someone needs to sell 200 to get a fully formed t2a, which nowadays isn’t even that valuable.
    Rank up materials should be widely available after the point they are not amongst the top tier anymore, that’s game balance.
    I’m definitely not top tier nor am I a whale, but I’ve made it a point to keep my 3 & 4* roster updated to take on all eventualities:

If you fail to prepare, you prepare to fail.

Oh and rotating the nodes every couple of months is enough time to gather the resources to do the necessary rank ups. It’s more as if it’s changing every month ya know.

Bahubali said:

Plus Kabam have said that these nodes might reappear some time later. They won't be gone for ever. So, it's not like your champions won't ever have any use even if it's only for the 4 star challenge.
    It is not just about old 4*s, its about resources needed to rank new ones too.. Now I am out of T4B trying to rank up new 4*.. Really cant rank up 5* anytime soon.. Daily Crystals give me t5b, t4cc shards..2 T5B in overflow..
  • GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Greekhit said:

Bahubali said:

I’m definitely not top tier nor am I a whale, but I’ve made it a point to keep my 3 & 4* roster updated to take on all eventualities:

With 54 4*s at r5 I wouldn’t be annoyed with rotating and counter strict nodes too.
    But as a player who has only 30-33 4*s at r5 and most of them old champs, I can assure you that rotating Cav nodes in combination with this 4* challenge is at least annoying.
    I really don’t want to pause 5* rank ups for several months in order to use the rank up mats on 4*s to build a 50-60 r5 roster.
    That’s my point, and I’m sure a big portion of the player base share it too 🙂
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 3,043 ★★★★★
    Who though this objective was a good idea in the first place?
    Banning 4*s to even get cavalier/thronebreaker, then making you use the same 4*s that they banned to get T5 CC.

Greekhit said:

Bahubali said:

Oh and rotating the nodes every couple of months is enough time to gather the resources to do the necessary rank ups. It’s more as if it’s changing every month ya know.
    Just because you do it, doesnt mean most of the community does it.

Majority invest these resources in 5*, as there was no point in investing in 4* who cannot be used after Act 5 content.. Most Cav/TB Players would have ranked 4* only after introduction of cav objectives(or for level up event)

Who though this objective was a good idea in the first place?
    Banning 4*s to even get cavalier/thronebreaker, then making you use the same 4*s that they banned to get T5 CC.

Cos the argument can be made that simply using 5 or 6*s makes cavalier difficulty way too easy to satisfy the t5cc requirements. This 4* use is the barrier that must be overcome to gain access.
    Bahubali said:

Greekhit said:

Bahubali said:

Just because you do it, doesnt mean most of the community does it.

Majority invest these resources in 5*, as there was no point in investing in 4* who cannot be used after Act 5 content.. Most Cav/TB Players would have ranked 4* only after introduction of cav objectives(or for level up event)
    Just to add on, I also prioritise 6* rank ups. Once again, these rank ups were not done overnight but over lengthy periods of time especially during level up events as I was still saving up the rarer resources for my 5 and 6*s. Think of this as a worthwhile investment to guarantee that you’ll land those t5cc shards each and even month.
  • Batman05Batman05 Posts: 351 ★★

People act like they can never earn more resources again lol. It doesn’t even take that much stuff to rank a four star and 4/40 are enough to do this challenge. God tier champs in five star are still good as four stars. I’ve use just as many four stars clearing variants as I have my five and six stars
    I can relate to what the wider community is facing as I’m mainly F2P, I grind arena for units as well, and hoard champion crystals for gold to manage my resources. All these rank ups are highly achievable with proper planning.
    I misread it. Let it go, people.
    Monk1 said:

Bahubali said:

I know. I was wrong. I read it too fast when I saw it.
    This just shows how often you aren’t doing the quest, but take time to comment on it 🤦‍♂️
    Did I? Did I really? Did I say how easy or hard it was? Did I comment on the experience of doing it? Did I say anything remotely close to that? No.
    All you have is someone who took my points and turned it into calling me out on experience, which is so low-hat at this point, it barely covers the ignorance.
    I talked about Ranking 4*s and how people are shooting themselves in the foot by being too stubborn to Rank them anymore. I talked about the cost of Ranking a 4*, which is nothing to someone at the Cavalier stage. That was about it.
    By all means, divert what I said by calling out experience. I'm not the one with egg on my face.
  • xNig said:

Apologies. My mistake. You do need 7 T4Bs to R2 a 6*.

Thing is, at the rate at which 2-3 T5B are formed, we will likely have more than enough T4B by that time.

So spending some excess T1A/T4B/T4CC to make it easier to earn perpetual T5CC isn’t a bad investment.

In terms of investment, I don't get T5CC from high tier AQ, so that objective T5CC is proportionately more valuable. If you're getting a ton of T5CC now, maybe it is less so. But I can't imagine those kinds of players being starved for resources to rank up a couple 4* champs here and there either.

I think, as you mentioned, the squeeze is happening mostly to players who advanced much faster than the game historically supported, and now have needle-thin rosters (very tall in rank, very narrow in numbers) rather than pyramids. Those players may simply have to accept that their advancement was abnormally fast, and they are now hitting a wall that players who advanced much more slowly avoided by simply being forced to accumulate a much wider roster over a much longer period of time: that in essence their rapid progress was not a free lunch.