**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Any insight - Reverse Control

J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★
I fought a duped Emma Frost with Magneto HOX and I couldn't evade her specials. You know how her specials are reversed when duped. I later found out he's immune to reverse control so I should have dodged it like it was any other defender. I wasn't sure where it said in his abilities, but someone pointed out a description in his tags...pic below.

Now, Prof X also has the same tag on top and clearly stated ability in his description of his immunity to reverse control...pic below.

I took my Mags HOX into Act 6.4.4 [Cap Marvel Movie Boss], tried is on the lane with "Special Chaos Inversion" node and he wasn't immune. However, I saw a video of Prof X immune to "Delirium" node. See pic of node on 6.4.4 below

Any idea on what's going on? Is it working fine or there's a bug (known or unknown)?

Comments

• Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,760 ★★★★★
    It is an easter-egg for now. It will be added to the abilities kit at some point in the future.
    For now you'll just have to guess whats going on somehow
  • J0eySn0wJ0eySn0w Posts: 865 ★★★★

Psychic shielding is not immune to inverted controls per se
    It’s immune to mind control which is what Emma uses to invert your controls that node isn’t mind control

I don’t recall delirium node but I think that’s how it was explained to me

Isn't mind control the cause of inverted controls? I'm not sure I understand your explanation. See pics below for delirium node.

• Destroyer123Destroyer123 Posts: 368 ★★
    I mean they can be or they can be inverted because a node says they are and kabam did so
    Ahh ok delirium mentions psychic shield hence whey they aren’t it’s wierd two different nodes do the same thing

But yea just a pure invert isn’t mind control
    edited February 2021

I mean they can be or they can be inverted because a node says they are and kabam did so
    Ahh ok delirium mentions psychic shield hence whey they aren’t it’s wierd two different nodes do the same thing

But yea just a pure invert isn’t mind control

From the delirium node, you see the relationship between inverted control and psychic resistance or shielding. I'd say they are linked and so should be immune to it.

And why can't invert be mind control, it's controlling my mind when I play it :).

@Kabam Porthos @Kabam Zibiit can someone give us more insight or at least direct us to discussion if there's any.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★
    You have all the insight you need. The delirium node explicitly states psychic shielded champs. Psychic shielding protects against psychics like Emma Frost.

No other inverted controls has made mention of mind control or psychic effects.
  • Jacob72518Jacob72518 Posts: 88
    idk this is too much for brain to handle. i just (attempt to) dodge them backwards.

You have all the insight you need. The delirium node explicitly states psychic shielded champs. Psychic shielding protects against psychics like Emma Frost.

Okay, tell me, what are the effects of mind control in the game? What does it do? And what does it mean to have psychic resistance or shielding in the game? What are the benefits? I get that Kabam dictates how things are done in the game, they can call A foul and A again play-on but establishing certain unchangeable laws in the game will make things so much better and practical.

Go and run the lane in 6.4.4 with Magneto, and right before the opponent uses a special, immunity is called out yet the controls are inverted.

idk this is too much for brain to handle. i just (attempt to) dodge them backwards.

Yeah, muscle memory. I bet after finishing the lane I’ll walk backwards for hours without knowing.
  • Mr_PlatypusMr_Platypus Posts: 2,779 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    J0eySn0w said:

Okay, tell me, what are the effects of mind control in the game? What does it do? And what does it mean to have psychic resistance or shielding in the game? What are the benefits? I get that Kabam dictates how things are done in the game, they can call A foul and A again play-on but establishing certain unchangeable laws in the game will make things so much better and practical.

Go and run the lane in 6.4.4 with Magneto, and right before the opponent uses a special, immunity is called out yet the controls are inverted.
    As far as I’m aware, at this moment in time, mind control is only used to reverse controls.
    Anyone with psychic resistance is immune to those champions attempts at reversing controls, as well as certain nodes that specifically state that psychic resistance counters it.
    Reversed controls by themselves are exactly that, reversed controls that are not caused by psychic abilities. As of right now, i believe only Prof X is immune to reversed controls.

You’re literally just being difficult for the sake of it as it’s been explained perfectly well enough.

Edit: decided to hop in 6.4.4 with magneto just for you, first thing of note,
    it’s “special chaos inversion” which does not state that it can be countered by psychic resistance.
    Now, heading into the fight with magneto, the controls were reversed exactly as stated by the node, and at no point did “immunity” pop up on my screen to suggest otherwise.
  • Hammerbro_64Hammerbro_64 Posts: 7,463 ★★★★★

J0eySn0w said:

You’re literally just being difficult for the sake of it as it’s been explained perfectly well enough.
    This 1000x.
    HI_guys said:

J0eySn0w said:

As far as I’m aware, at this moment in time, mind control is only used to reverse controls.
    Anyone with psychic resistance is immune to those champions attempts at reversing controls, as well as certain nodes that specifically state that psychic resistance counters it.
    Reversed controls by themselves are exactly that, reversed controls that are not caused by psychic abilities. As of right now, i believe only Prof X is immune to reversed controls.

If immunity does pop up and then is not, Kabam has work to do. A lot of threads like this would be remove did Kabam were more clear on mechanics instead of people having to figure it out
    Now if immune or immunity or whatever did pop up, I’d agree they had a bug to fix, however it doesn’t pop up on the fight he said to go and check.
    As for figuring stuff out, there’s nothing wrong with figuring stuff out and I really don’t see the problem with the examples he’s giving.

J0eySn0w said:

it’s “special chaos inversion” which does not state that it can be countered by psychic resistance.
    Now, heading into the fight with magneto, the controls were reversed exactly as stated by the node, and at no point did “immunity” pop up on my screen to suggest otherwise.

Me being difficult, smh. Not understanding you or disagreeing is being difficult. Explain the picture below when Deadpool used a special.

• Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,301 ★★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

Me being difficult, smh. Not understanding you or disagreeing is being difficult. Explain the picture below when Deadpool used a special.

Any other fight? I think it’s bleed immunity that triggered from Deadpool’s attack and not inverted control immunity.

J0eySn0w said:

J0eySn0w said:

Have you considered that it’s popping up because you’re immune to his bleed?
    Because when using red magneto who is not immune to bleed, I don’t get the text pop up.
    Just realized from evading another special
    edited February 2021

HI_guys said:

J0eySn0w said:

If immunity does pop up and then is not, Kabam has work to do. A lot of threads like this would be remove did Kabam were more clear on mechanics instead of people having to figure it out
    Now if immune or immunity or whatever did pop up, I’d agree they had a bug to fix, however it doesn’t pop up on the fight he said to go and check.
    As for figuring stuff out, there’s nothing wrong with figuring stuff out and I really don’t see the problem with the examples he’s giving.
    I’m trying to make sense of this. I lost a fight to Emma Frost in AW with White Mags, then I was told his Psychic Shielding makes him immune to her reverse control with her specials. And delirium node say Champs with psychic resistance are immune (well Kabam says so). But these same champs are not immune to Special Chaos, also because Kabam says so. Smh 🙄

Edit:
    So I wonder what’s the whole point of having psychic shielding tag? What does it really mean? What relationship does it have with Emma Frost’s reverse specials?
    Maybe I just should to take it as it is.
    edited February 2021
    J0eySn0w said:

HI_guys said:

J0eySn0w said:

I’m trying to make sense of this. I lost a fight to Emma Frost in AW with White Mags, then I was told his Psychic Shielding makes him immune to her reverse control with her specials. And delirium node say Champs with psychic resistance are immune (well Kabam says so). But these same champs are not immune to Special Chaos, also because Kabam says so. Smh 🙄

Edit:
    So I wonder what’s the whole point of having psychic shielding tag? What does it really mean? What relationship does it have with Emma Frost’s reverse specials?
    Maybe I just should to take it as it is.
    Emma uses psychic abilities to reverse controls, if you’re immune to psychic abilities then you can’t have your controls reversed by said psychic abilities.
    Delirium also mentions that psychic resistance/shielding provides immunity to the reversed controls.
    Psychic resistance/shielding =/= immune to all reversed controls.

Psychic resistance/shielding just started as an Easter egg when Emma frost came out which meant both magnetos (and I believe juggernaut) were immune to it because they had the helmets preventing any kind of mind control. It’s really not as deep as you’re making it.
  • Raichu626Raichu626 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    J0eySn0w said:

Okay, tell me, what are the effects of mind control in the game? What does it do? And what does it mean to have psychic resistance or shielding in the game?
    Anything, really. Emma reverses your control, Stryfe turns invisible. Future Telepaths will have other abilities. Psychic resistance prevents these effects. It's really not as hard as you make it out to be