**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hear me out... Psycho Man is one of the most powerful champions in the entire game

KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
Noodle this, noodle that. Ebony Maw 2.0 this, Ebony Maw 2.0 that.

Seatin called Psycho Man very underwhelming. KT1 called him a noodle and didn't acknowledge his phenomenal utility and control. Most of the community is sleeping on Psycho-Man.

Psycho Man possesses an insanely powerful ability in which he can quite literally control a fight, a game breaking mechanic. After throwing an sp2 in doubt mode, he places a special lock debuff on the opponent and makes the opponent very passive, allowing a smooth heavy rotation in the corner. Coupled with his insane power gain in this phase, he can literally spam unblockable sp2s and heavy chain in the corner for every single fight. Obviously this will not work in certain scenarios like debuff immunity, debuff shrug off, or unstoppable, but where it works, he is arguably a top 3 option in the game for it. Let me explain why and let me explain what I perceive "control" to be in this game. Quake possesses the most powerful ability in the game, which is that she can hold heavy in the corner and shut off all abilities, do damage on the opponent, and keep the opponent at 0 bars of power (barring passive power gain). She is by far the most broken control champion in the entire game. After Quake, I perceive Doctor Doom to be the 2nd best control champion because of his insane control of fights through his rotation. After one sp3 in a fight, Doom basically has the opponent locked down forever, while doing some insane damage, controlling power, and nullifying buffs. Most would probably consider Ghost to be the 2nd or 3rd best control champion, but when we consider control, I don't think she makes the top 3. Obviously, she's the 2nd best champion in the game and is also 2nd best utility wise, while hitting insane damage numbers, but when it comes to control, she has no real way to control AI behavior. No power control (Hood synergy is nice for tanking sp3s), no taunt, no AI controlling behavior to make them more passive/aggressive, etc. Most champions can function just fine without this control aspect of a kit, but in Psycho Man's kit, it makes him stand out. Barring anti-debuff and other niche anti-Psycho Man nodes, Psycho Man can keep the opponent locked down in the corner for the entirety of the fight. A super powerful ability. This alone, regardless of damage and other utility, is a broken ability. Extremely powerful.

But that's not all. Psycho Man can do other things. In a fight where you don't necessarily need power control, he can keep up a passive heal block with nearly 100% uptime, gain power from different scenarios such as hitting into the opponent's block, and reduce the ability accuracy of opponents while performing certain attacks. He also has critical resistance higher than any champion's base crit rate, making him an anti-crit tank against critical hits, an extra safety net. I would not call him a tank by any means though because of his average health and block proficiency.

Lastly, I want to address the "noodle" talk about Psycho Man by saying that yes, his damage is not top tier, but he is in no way a noodle. In fact, if you're going for a damage rotation in a certain fight, his damage is great. Let's look at stats real quick (5 star rank 5 sig 200). Off the sp2, he can gain a fury buff, increasing attack by nearly +3000, a huge attack bonus. This can stack twice, summing up to a +6000 attack bonus. This is massive. Absolutely massive.
- Nick Fury's fury boosts his attack by roughly +4100
- All 3 of Medusa's fury buffs together increase her attack by roughly +1300
- 1 of Doctor Doom's fury buffs increases his attack by roughly +3900
- Max Binary Ignition CMM (5 fury buffs) increases her attack by roughly +3500
- Stealthy Spidey's fury passive increases his attack by roughly +5500 (this is his fury potency at sig 200, which grants him +40% fury potency)
- Captain America IW's heavy attack with 5 kinetic charges grants him a fury passive increasing his attack by roughly +5800, lasting 5 seconds

Enough of the comparisons, I think it's clear that Psycho Man, when he needs damage, has the numbers to compete with the top dogs. His damage is not always going to be +6000, as it depends on his rotation. If you're going for the special lock heavy spam, you won't be keeping up the fury buffs, but that doesn't really matter because you'll have the opponent locked down in the corner. The damage won't matter in those situations. When you need damage, the massive +6000 attack bonus will be waiting for you. So, please no Ebony Maw comparisons...

Overall, Psycho Man is an amazing champion, filled with tons of utility, damage when it is needed, but most importantly, one of the most powerful control abilities in the entire game (in my opinion at least).

So bust those cavs open in sets of 10, grind out the 5* arena until you cry, hoard crystals for the next 6* featured, for when the community realizes how great he really is (Human Torch-esque mistake), the apology from Psycho Man doubters will need to be as loud as the disrespect.
Β«1

Comments

• SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,804 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited February 2021
    I agree about him being put low on the shelf. However, wish there was a synergy that let specials be unblockable in all modes instead of doubt so it could be unblockable and get the furies
  • JadedJaded Posts: 5,476 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I feel this take on him is well thought out. More so then the others of past.

Unfortunately still a swing and a miss.

Pun intended.
  • KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    HI_guys said:

So basically magik but with 3 powers instead if zero.

This. This is perfect. Yessss
    Buttehrs said:

I know these types of threads are your thing, where you decide to be completely opposing to what the data shows, but i think it's time to give it a rest.

I didn't bring up all those damage stats to "be completely opposing to what the data shows" and in terms of utility, I explained his utility as it is in his abilities, but showed how it can be applied in matchups. I also said that for his ideal special lock rotation, his damage numbers will be significantly less because he won't be able to keep up the furies due to constant heavy spam.
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,759 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Ebony Maw 2.0 this, Ebony Maw 2.0 that.

be

How dare you to compare psycho-man with such divide champion as Ebony Maw
    Psycho Man is quite literally 5x the champion Ebony Maw is and I would not consider that an overstatement
    Wrong.
    Ebony Maw has far better power control, damage output, and possesses an insanely powerful ability in which he can apply falter and miss, a game breaking mechanic.
    "far better power control" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I don't recall ebony maw being able to complete shut down the opponent from using special attacks at all times

"damage output" 🀣🀣🀣 man hits as hard as groot

"possesses an insanely powerful ability in which he can apply falter and miss" I take back everything I said, Ebony Maw>Ghost because of this πŸ’―
    So you don't know how to properly use him. That's fine, you could have just said that.
    If you know how to read abilities and starting conspiracy theories on champions before they are even out, you should also know what champions that are in the game for a while can do. Of course, your theories are in the wrong here
    I respect your opinion g, 500 hit act 6 fights ftw
    But what other champions can permanently spam heavy attacks and even intercept with heavy's consistently, without having to block any hit or special attack for the whole fight?
    It's just a matter of timing and practice. He is my MVP for a reason, specially on AW recently

Could someone post a video of this interaction. I know in theory it’s possible. But is it reliable?

Wanna see some hard evidence.

Unfortunately as a minor I do not have the funds to excessively spend on cavs πŸ˜£πŸ˜”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SB9yPUkjDg
    However, starting at 2:12, watch the Goldpool fight, it is a complete special lockdown with heavy and sp2 spamming. Seatin may have had other fights where he did the special lock trick in the video but I don't remember, he focused on the damage a bit too much. I expect that as more people get their hands on Pyscho Man and more videos are made, there will be more gameplay (Prof X didn't truly get his spotlight until Bero Man's insane Abyss solos).

be

Psycho Man is quite literally 5x the champion Ebony Maw is and I would not consider that an overstatement
    Wrong.
    Ebony Maw has far better power control, damage output, and possesses an insanely powerful ability in which he can apply falter and miss, a game breaking mechanic.
    "far better power control" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I don't recall ebony maw being able to complete shut down the opponent from using special attacks at all times

"possesses an insanely powerful ability in which he can apply falter and miss" I take back everything I said, Ebony Maw>Ghost because of this πŸ’―
    So you don't know how to properly use him. That's fine, you could have just said that.
    If you know how to read abilities and starting conspiracy theories on champions before they are even out, you should also know what champions that are in the game for a while can do. Of course, your theories are in the wrong here
    But what other champions can permanently spam heavy attacks and even intercept with heavy's consistently, without having to block any hit or special attack for the whole fight?
    It's just a matter of timing and practice. He is my MVP for a reason, specially on AW recently
    I thought his falter only came for like 3 seconds every 20 charges, meaning it occurs 5 times until he reaches black tongue. How does he do it permanently? I am not an Ebony Maw player so I don't know the ins and outs of playing the champ.
  • Ebony Maw 2.0 this, Ebony Maw 2.0 that.

be

Wrong.

I thought his falter only came for like 3 seconds every 20 charges, meaning it occurs 5 times until he reaches black tongue. How does he do it permanently? I am not an Ebony Maw player so I don't know the ins and outs of playing the champ.
    Search contestchampion ebony maw should say ebony maws best ability.
    H3t3r said:

be

Wrong.

Oh the power gain trick? That is awesome, really awesome. It's niche, but awesome. Infinite sp3 spamming with Maw in those scenarios.
  • H3t3r said:

be

Wrong.

Oh the power gain trick? That is awesome, really awesome. It's niche, but awesome. Infinite sp3 spamming with Maw in those scenarios.
    No. Its the double enrage survival. From LoL.
  • Scopeotoe987Scopeotoe987 Posts: 1,548 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    He reminds me of Magik. God tier power control, but is low on damage. I would say he’s stronger than Magik on terms of utility.
    H3t3r said:

H3t3r said:

be

Wrong.

No. Its the double enrage survival. From LoL.
    Oh I'll have to check that one out

He reminds me of Magik. God tier power control, but is low on damage. I would say he’s stronger than Magik on terms of utility.

Spot on
  • RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,762 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Hyperion is the 3rd best control champ
  • ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,144 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Guy could use a fair bit more to his damage but his utility is some of the best I've seen ingame
  • Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,173 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    If your roster needs a power control champ and you pull this guy, good for you. I have lots of power control options, even ones that aren’t noodles. So he looks boring to play, mostly.
  • SkyLord7000SkyLord7000 Posts: 3,999 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Tried testing with the three star on RoL WS and and Juggernaut. This just isn’t a reliable way for power control. I might be missing something but they both get to much distance to punish with heavy. Feels like HB in a way.

Overall wouldn’t take up for power control.

good luck trying to heavy lock Guillotine 2099 or any other champions that stand up almost immediately (hopefully this is a bug)

Then just don't use him vs Guilly 2099? πŸ˜‚ Hate when people bring up 1 or 2 scenarios where you can't use a champ, there's 200 champs in this game, every champ is due to have quite a few bad matchups.