**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AW defense placement feature idea

TheAngryOneTheAngryOne Posts: 436 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Hello.

It would be nice if you could swap your alliance war defenders until the attack phase starts.

I know it's always better to be planning defense placement prior to the attack phase but it would still be a nice feature in case someone messes up or whatever reason.

It's especially good for alliances like ours where it's not always the same guys participating.

It would be nice to see this feature implemented in the near future. Thanks.
Post edited by Kabam Ahab on

Comments

• Options
    Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    This would mean wars would have to last longer than the designated 48 hours probably, don’t really think it would work, and since it would happen for both sides you wouldn’t know the defence you’re going against anyway
  • Options
    I think you got me wrong. I don't mean switch defenders on nodes. I mean swap defenders with others from your roster. Once you select your 5 champs for def and join aw defense the picked champs are confirmed to participate.
  • Options
    Example:

We will start AW with Darkhawk twice (both players already placed their champs) on defense so I would like to swap 1 for Stealth Spidey.
  • Options
    Agree, especially for not as hard core or pre-set alliances.

If someone has only a r4 good defender and they bring him because nobody else has brought that same champ yet (and not knowing if anyone WILL be bringing one).
    But later someone who actually has that champ as a higher r5 brings in his too... earlier person should be able to go back and change out his lower one for someone else who would actually be Unique (for diversity).

(ALL of this BEFORE Attack phase actually starts)

Would lead to a lot more groups always being full 50 Diversity, but at least you’re not putting Officers under as much time management for pre-planning.
  • Options
    KoutavitoKoutavito Posts: 14
    2023 and still no feedback for this no-brainer feature. Quests got their Edit Team feature, why not have same during AW placement phase?
    - I got some good defender pulls but can’t use them although attack hasn’t started yet.
    - I upgraded one of my champions during placement phase but can’t use that one until next war
    - Need to communicate my roster to all before AW placement phase so we don’t end up using same champions making this too complex and less fun , for no reason.
    - Just added a champion as defender, having forgotten that I needed him for quest or for another event. End up waiting to play that event after AW.
    - Many other cases
  • Options
    Koutavito said:

2023 and still no feedback for this no-brainer feature. Quests got their Edit Team feature, why not have same during AW placement phase?
    - I got some good defender pulls but can’t use them although attack hasn’t started yet.
    - I upgraded one of my champions during placement phase but can’t use that one until next war
    - Need to communicate my roster to all before AW placement phase so we don’t end up using same champions making this too complex and less fun , for no reason.
    - Just added a champion as defender, having forgotten that I needed him for quest or for another event. End up waiting to play that event after AW.
    - Many other cases

Thanks for bringing this up again. 🙂 I'd still like to see this change.