**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who's a good choice to R4 or R5 in act 6?

EtherionGodEtherionGod Posts: 251 ★★
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
I'm currently in 6.2.4, and I was wondering which of these 3 would be most helpful for this chapter and beyond. I have a science awakening gem which makes me lean more towards torch and thing, but I need input from others. Each champ listed is at R1 so I will put time into ranking them up. Thanks in advance I really appreciate the input of others! (I meant to put Human Torch instead of Mr. Fantastic, I'm sorry)

Who's a good choice to R4 or R5 in act 6? 29 votes

Thing (Unduped)
27%
RockypantherxBabyMiikeSuperiorSymbioteRebornMVPHoitadoThantonRiptideWooptyfrickendoo 8 votes
Mr. Fantastic (Unduped)
27%
buffajrYcatsPrakhar_82FaseehGreanWill3808Rayaan_2000tofuシ 8 votes
Domino (Unduped)
37%
WarBros23Spurgeon14StellarMoudouMaxwell24Param1988VictorVonDoom568CowabungaIWonderWhyavenge_123KRoNX1 11 votes
Cull Obsidian (Duped)
6%
[Deleted User]Rocket528 2 votes

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2021
    I accidentally put Mr. Fantastic instead of Human torch
  • Options
    Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
    Mr. Fantastic (Unduped)
    Torch or cull. I prefer torch but cull is really good too.
  • Options
    BabyMiikeBabyMiike Posts: 1,147 ★★★★
    Thing (Unduped)
    L
  • Options
    TitoBandito187TitoBandito187 Posts: 2,072 ★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Torch is a beast! Mystic slayer, regen reversal and power gain control. Prefight slays any and everyone. Mojo problems... not anymore, so long Dormammu, Tigra, Mordo, Magik, Sinister and green Goblin on aggressive regen node. He is leaps and bounds above your other options for general purpose and niche fights.

Domino would be my 2nd choice for raw damage, assuming you have the rhulk and massacre synergies, but beyond pure damage (and mostly against those who can bleed), she seems to be on AW defense more these days.

Cull... Unless he's awakened and high sig, isn't doing too much special and there are other raw damage or armor break champs.... Magneto will take any of his fights way better, or medusa or corvus. Again, he's not bad, but invest your resources where it will pay off the most.

I can't say anything about Mr F. He's got some nice synergies and unique tools, but nothing about him ever made me think about taking him up over someone else for general questing or a specific scenario.

Do whatever you feel is going to benefit you the most though!
  • Options

Torch is a beast! Mystic slayer, regen reversal and power gain control. Prefight slays any and everyone. Mojo problems... not anymore, so long Dormammu, Tigra, Mordo, Magik, Sinister and green Goblin on aggressive regen node. He is leaps and bounds above your other options for general purpose and niche fights.

Domino would be my 2nd choice for raw damage, assuming you have the rhulk and massacre synergies, but beyond pure damage (and mostly against those who can bleed), she seems to be on AW defense more these days.

Cull... Unless he's awakened and high sig, isn't doing too much special and there are other raw damage or armor break champs.... Magneto will take any of his fights way better, or medusa or corvus. Again, he's not bad, but invest your resources where it will pay off the most.

I can't say anything about Mr F. He's got some nice synergies and unique tools, but nothing about him ever made me think about taking him up over someone else for general questing or a specific scenario.

Thanks alot! that was super insightful!
  • Options
    Monke said:

Domino over Cull? Cul has armor breaks, insane damage, passive damage (rout), armor breaks, can counter auto block insanely well, parry projectiles, and can counter evade when ramped up, but it's nothing special. He's one of the only champs who can counter that V2 adaptoid insanely well. Works for buffed up, and diss track too. great for V2 in some of those lanes. He needs high sig tho I will give you that

Domino is just raw damage, and well.. not much else that's fully reliable. Except for maybe a limber counter. Great bleed damage and incinerate damage, but still, only raw damage
    Ultimately, it's a personal choice.

Her raw damage is pretty awesome. My Domino is R4 and won't likely see R5 either though because she doesn't have utility. She can absolutely blast content that can bleed or incinerated.

Cull is good too, but his block proficiency is meh and the ramp up is kind of blah. He's good, no doubt, but my 6* won't see R2 either because (for me) he doesn't do more than other armor break cosmics, especially until he's ramped up. Definitely a beast when ramped up though, but he also has no immunities, so it's pretty even on the raw damage with domino, but depends on the specific match up

I do have 5* r5 torch and a 6* r2 torch who will be my first science R3 when the t5cc comes in. To me, Torch is like Doom, and you can't have too many. With the incinerate paths in book 2, he has even more use than before and he's still awesome for cav monthly eq science paths.
  • Options
    VendemiaireVendemiaire Posts: 2,178 ★★★★★
    edited February 2021
    Among those, Mr. Fantastic... I man Torch will help you the most in Act 6.

Domino is only good if you do not have no raw damage champion but as others have said, her utility is almost nil and you have to add Rulk and Masacre to see her full potential. Luckily for you, damage has been nerfed in Act 6 so parry-heavy-ing your way through content is now better, but not recommended. Cull is good, he has some utilities. Thing has a lot utility but he lacks the damage unless you're using his full team synergy which isn't really practical. I don't recommend it.
  • Options
    Monke said:

Monke said:

Domino over Cull? Cul has armor breaks, insane damage, passive damage (rout), armor breaks, can counter auto block insanely well, parry projectiles, and can counter evade when ramped up, but it's nothing special. He's one of the only champs who can counter that V2 adaptoid insanely well. Works for buffed up, and diss track too. great for V2 in some of those lanes. He needs high sig tho I will give you that

Domino is just raw damage, and well.. not much else that's fully reliable. Except for maybe a limber counter. Great bleed damage and incinerate damage, but still, only raw damage

Her raw damage is pretty awesome. My Domino is R4 and won't likely see R5 either though because she doesn't have utility. She can absolutely blast content that can bleed or incinerated.

Cull is good too, but his block proficiency is meh and the ramp up is kind of blah. He's good, no doubt, but my 6* won't see R2 either because (for me) he doesn't do more than other armor break cosmics, especially until he's ramped up. Definitely a beast when ramped up though, but he also has no immunities, so it's pretty even on the raw damage with domino, but depends on the specific match up

I do have 5* r5 torch and a 6* r2 torch who will be my first science R3 when the t5cc comes in. To me, Torch is like Doom, and you can't have too many. With the incinerate paths in book 2, he has even more use than before and he's still awesome for cav monthly eq science paths.
    That's understandable. I weirdly enjoy him Kinda like archangel. The sp3 damage is sweet, and batting up the opponent is a blast. Big yellow and red numbers!

As for his block prof, another reason why Guardian is insanely OP and a top 3 tech champ

I just incited a war didn't I
    Naw! That's why I enjoy the forum. There are rarely black and white answers that everyone is going to agree on (like Guardian making cull better - so true 💯) so it's fun to lob ideas back and forth.

If we didn't have to budget resources so much, my Cull would go up too, but gotta work around the RNG of our rosters, resources and content being targeted at any specific time.

I finally pulled Venom about 3 weeks ago as a 6*and didn't hesitate to R2 him, even though Cull has been there, duped, for several months. Venom made it so easy to finish exploring V6 and now I've gone back and almost explored V2 as well.
  • Options
    Monke said:

Monke said:

Monke said:

That's understandable. I weirdly enjoy him Kinda like archangel. The sp3 damage is sweet, and batting up the opponent is a blast. Big yellow and red numbers!

As for his block prof, another reason why Guardian is insanely OP and a top 3 tech champ

I just incited a war didn't I
    Naw! That's why I enjoy the forum. There are rarely black and white answers that everyone is going to agree on (like Guardian making cull better - so true 💯) so it's fun to lob ideas back and forth.

If we didn't have to budget resources so much, my Cull would go up too, but gotta work around the RNG of our rosters, resources and content being targeted at any specific time.

I finally pulled Venom about 3 weeks ago as a 6*and didn't hesitate to R2 him, even though Cull has been there, duped, for several months. Venom made it so easy to finish exploring V6 and now I've gone back and almost explored V2 as well.
    I took a break from the game cuz of the lag issues. When I played, Ibom doom and venom have been mvp's. If ibom wasn't eh against poison immunes, he'd probs be my MVP for the entire thing. I've gotten the first chapter explored, so I'm planning to work on the second in maybe next week. tips?
    For poison Immunes, you can just cycle through SP3s, it's slower but still is effective if you have willpower. You might need a Sasquatch for that Hyperion in the improved power gain path. Dormammu and Doc Ock can be an option. Do you Quake?
  • Options
    Venom, doom and magneto will do most of V6 on their own. I used 4* venom for the heavy cheese on the first clear but the extra health and damage from a higher rank will save potions. If you don't have him, then the doom synergy with Mr. fantastic can be handy... I feel like Doom heavy spam pushes him out of reach at times though so you can't go full cheese. Also, and I don't know how, but G2099 was somehow able to hit venom during his heavy cheese and happened twice to me.

I suck with ghost without any synergies, but I'm sure she's the main mvp if you have her and can use her properly.

Omega was key for the poison matchups for me (DDHK chapter) as I don't have a sentinel. None of the nodes were too bad with the right counter and would recommend waiting until you have one of you don't so you don't have to power through.

• Options
    Ohhh thought it was V2. Lol.
  • Options

Monke said:

The fact that Book 2 has Incinerate paths definitely makes me lean towards him now. What about Thing? Is he useful anywhere else in act 6 or book 2?
  • Options

Monke said:

The fact that Book 2 has Incinerate paths definitely makes me lean towards him now. What about Thing? Is he useful anywhere else in act 6 or book 2?
    I don't know. I have a 6* R1 duped thing and was super happy to get him in July, but he's been sitting and honestly, I don't use him. I've seen his crazy damage, but can't justify the synergy slots or risky gameplay to get that damage in most scenarios. He can be a nice counter to man-thing (thing is debuff immune) if you run willpower which is unique. I just think that to get his full benefit, you have to give up too many synergy slots and play with low health which can be risky. I'm no expert with him though. Lagacy has some cool gameplay, but just don't see it being a regular setup.
  • Options

Monke said:

I don't know. I have a 6* R1 duped thing and was super happy to get him in July, but he's been sitting and honestly, I don't use him. I've seen his crazy damage, but can't justify the synergy slots or risky gameplay to get that damage in most scenarios. He can be a nice counter to man-thing (thing is debuff immune) if you run willpower which is unique. I just think that to get his full benefit, you have to give up too many synergy slots and play with low health which can be risky. I'm no expert with him though. Lagacy has some cool gameplay, but just don't see it being a regular setup.
    okay, so would he just be good to put on aw def then? I was thinking him, mr. fantastic, and invisible woman, might be good since I don't have too many solid defenders
  • Options
    Yeah, still a solid AW defender, but I wouldn't worry about AW defenders as a priority unless you're in a very high ranked alliance AND you've already got several attackers to cover EQ, AQ and AW attack with a couple of different rotations for counters.

Make sure your attackers are in good shape and then prioritize defenders for AW. You're gonna get way better rewards the more you can do in monthly events on a regular basis than AW... And AW rewards aren't that great, especially if your gold or lower.
  • Options

Yeah, still a solid AW defender, but I wouldn't worry about AW defenders as a priority unless you're in a very high ranked alliance AND you've already got several attackers to cover EQ, AQ and AW attack with a couple of different rotations for counters.

Make sure your attackers are in good shape and then prioritize defenders for AW. You're gonna get way better rewards the more you can do in monthly events on a regular basis than AW... And AW rewards aren't that great, especially if your gold or lower.

awesome thanks so much! last question, does torch need that awakening gem to be amazing?
  • Options
    Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★

awesome thanks so much! last question, does torch need that awakening gem to be amazing?
    No torch doesn't Need awakening
  • Options
    LabrumIsLabrumIs Posts: 28
    Definitely torch
  • Options
    LabrumIsLabrumIs Posts: 28
    Monke said:

@LabrumIs @KDSuperFlash10
    Torch does