**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

My thought on the February side quest

Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★
I’ve been thinking about this side quest and it’s rewards a lot recently after talking to some people about it and seeing some forum discussions and I wanted to put in my two cents.

Let’s start with what I liked. I liked the nodes for this month and the boosts that went with it. The nodes made it so that you were about to play the quest without the boosts or you could use a boost or a romance synergy to gain a bonus from it. These are my favorite nodes; the ones that you can play around if you don’t have the best counter for it but if you do the node gives you a bonus. I also really liked the love juice potions. It’s nice when Kabam adds a reward to the side quests that aren’t normally there and are also helpful (especially with all the dropped inputs right now).

Lastly what I disliked. The thing I disliked about this side quest was the cav crystals. I don’t like getting cav crystals as rewards from side quests because they sacrifice a guaranteed chance at 5 and 6 stars later for rng now. I did end up pulling a 6* from these cavs (I know, it’s crazy) but I’d much rather have 5 and 6 star shards that we can put towards what we’re currently hunting for than a small chance at good champions from cavs. I understand why cavs were the rewards in December but I’d like that to be an exclusive and very rare thing.

That pretty much wraps it up. I’d love to hear what you guys think.

Comments

• RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Prettty much my thoughts as well! I really enjoyed the furies also
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Agree with OP - I think the cav reward should be a one time thing at the end of the year. I like how you could target certain champs of each year.
  • winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,756 ★★★★★
    Ah ... the free potions. Helped in getting my Alt account to obtain 4-Star Rhino.
  • FiiNCHFiiNCH Posts: 1,664 ★★★★★
    Haji_Saab said:

The Cav crystals were given to you so you can get a taste of it and hopefully, get addicted to buying them.

They should have increased the drop rates in that case then
  • Morpheus_123Morpheus_123 Posts: 792 ★★★
    FiiNCH said:

Haji_Saab said:

The Cav crystals were given to you so you can get a taste of it and hopefully, get addicted to buying them.

They should have increased the drop rates in that case then
    Yes, if anything it drives people away from spending units on potential sadness.
  • KRoNX1KRoNX1 Posts: 1,089 ★★★★
    I got two 6* from cavelier crystals . So i am not complaining. I also happens to get and dupe one of my most fav champ in the game from grandmaster crystal. So i wont complain at all.
  • allinashesallinashes Posts: 791 ★★★
    I would have liked the addition of an option to buy 5 and 6 star shards in the romance store along with Cavs. Maybe 10k for 1000 5* or 250 6* shards.
  • The_Sentry06The_Sentry06 Posts: 7,781 ★★★★★
    This. Cavs could have been better but the event on the whole has been fun barring the Psycho Man crashes on sp1.
  • Will3808Will3808 Posts: 3,536 ★★★★★

I would have liked the addition of an option to buy 5 and 6 star shards in the romance store along with Cavs. Maybe 10k for 1000 5* or 250 6* shards.

@allinashes I didn’t think about this but it’s a good idea. Maybe not for those prices exactly but it would be cool if they gave us the option to pick between cavs and shards as a reward.
  • Campo4Campo4 Posts: 141
    The cavs are nice in some regards, because at the very least you get some iso and have a chance to get some great pulls. However the variation from summoner to summoner in terms of the rewards is pretty huge. You can get mostly 3*'s, or a duped 6* Archangel... I think given the amount of 6* shards also available it's ok, but it would be nice if there was a pity system involved so that if you open enough romance cavs you are guaranteed at least one 6*, or a 5* every few pulls...at least in this point of the game that doesn't seem too steep.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,168 ★★★★★
    I’m like cavalier cystal as someone already said let me safe unit and I’m stil can get changed to gian a 6 star out of it there’s might be terrible but can always hav a short
  • Sarvanga1_Sarvanga1_ Posts: 4,139 ★★★★★
    They should keep a balance between guaranteed stuff and cavs and obviously guaranteed stuff should be more in quantity.