**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Whom shall I take to R3 for Thronebreaker?

Doctor_MDoctor_M Posts: 54
edited February 2021 in Strategy and Tips
Who will you take to R3 and why?

Whom shall I take to R3 for Thronebreaker? 146 votes

Hulkbuster (unawaken)
34%
BitterSteelIl_Cuocozuffyusername7312NojokejaymHammerbro_64Spurgeon14BluDragonPizzaGuy245BuckyBruhKade7175Texas_11LmaoMoosetiptronicReaper2823RockyshockyDenzel116JimmyBLuke9523Lpirnie5321 51 votes
Sentinel (awaken)
55%
DrZolaTheManMythLegendTheVyrusBpn88855Duo_KulioFoxhero007SungjnameplasJohnyzeroMasterduxOsfan8BrokenRasiloverTheHeroDeservedKerneasJumpthesharkGoddessIlias10or_StrongDaphboyTitoBandito187 81 votes
No, wait and not go for Thronebreaker this month.
9%
buffajrTristanDrake2078QuikPikDenta89H3t3rA7madD1wBen_15455ŘïdđhįmAdios50GardenerGeneral Br3ezeSpiderHammyPoetic_bulldog1 14 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Options
    DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Do you really need to become Thronebreaker this month or what? If you could hold out a little longer I’d say do that because Thronebreaker isn’t a big jump from cavalier except during July 4th and Cyber Monday. You could pull a better tech champ between now and July if you can wait.
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)

Do you really need to become Thronebreaker this month or what? If you could hold out a little longer I’d say do that because Thronebreaker isn’t a big jump from cavalier except during July 4th and Cyber Monday. You could pull a better tech champ between now and July if you can wait.

Not really. You know Kabam, they won't give you what you want :)
    I just thought the Thronebreaker daily crystal will be a good deal.

So you think I should wait?
  • Options
    IKONIKON Posts: 1,336 ★★★★★
    Sentinel (awaken)
    Smash it into Sentinel
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)
    So many people like Sentinel! :D
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)
    HI_guys said:

Check @Werewrym posts if you doubt the power of sentinel

I haven't play much with Sentinel, but I know Sentinel is the important for V3. Maybe I should learn how to play him! o:)
  • Options
    Thicco_ModeThicco_Mode Posts: 8,852 ★★★★★
    Sentinel (awaken)
    I think sentinel is quite a bit better but some don't find him fun. Try out both and rank whoever you like better since both are great
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)

Sentinel. Especially since he's awakened.

It's not even settling, he's a top pick in that class.

@TrashyPanda that is a very high comment on Sentinel.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,055 ★★★★★
    Sentinel (awaken)
    I ranked corvus for tb, only use him in aq. Recently finely formed t5tech and took sentinel to r3. He's great. Not the most insane damage, but it's solid. Mine is not awaken, so ramping him takes time, but I actually kinda enjoy it now after years playing him
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)
    Aleor said:

I ranked corvus for tb, only use him in aq. Recently finely formed t5tech and took sentinel to r3. He's great. Not the most insane damage, but it's solid. Mine is not awaken, so ramping him takes time, but I actually kinda enjoy it now after years playing him

@Aleor Corvus is great! I love Corvus! Is that your first R3 tech champion?
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Sentinel (awaken)
    Sentinel is super-solid. I wouldn’t hesitate to R3 him if I had him. His immunities, regen, multiple forms of damage and heal block are super useful.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)
    Monke said:

It seems you want to do Hulkbuster OP, so if you wanna do him, you do you!

I use Hulkbuster a lot so I picked him, but I'm leaning towards Sentinel because I'm thinking a R3 Sentinel will be very useful to complete V3.
  • Options
    Sentinel (awaken)
    Doctor_M said:

Aleor said:

@Aleor Corvus is great! I love Corvus! Is that your first R3 tech champion?
    I actually don't. Maybe, because I don't run suicides. Wouldn't probably take both aarkus and serfer above corvus to r3, but I pulled them later, and my other options were drax, og cpt marvel and r1 cull. Corvus was already r2, and I didn't need t5cosmic, so went with him, as at that time it would've take half a year for them to add Hyperion to basic 6* pool at least. Also I use r5 Hype more overall atm.
    As for sentinel, he was my first r3 tech, and I don't really have any decent alternative, but considering how much he did for me as r1 and r2 champ, I didn't hesitate. I usually do, tend to wait until resources go into overflow, if I don't have champ I like
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Sentinel (awaken)

Rude. You remind me of Demonfyre except you never make sense.
  • Options
    ẞlооdẞlооd Posts: 2,005 ★★★★
    Sentinel (awaken)
    DrZola said:

Sentinel is super-solid. I wouldn’t hesitate to R3 him if I had him. His immunities, regen, multiple forms of damage and heal block are super useful.

Dr. Zola

Plus armor breaks and unstoppable heavies in the right setting.
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)
    Monke said:

Doctor_M said:

Monke said:

It seems you want to do Hulkbuster OP, so if you wanna do him, you do you!

I use Hulkbuster a lot so I picked him, but I'm leaning towards Sentinel because I'm thinking a R3 Sentinel will be very useful to complete V3.
    Wait, you're almost thronebreaker and haven't beaten V3?

just saying, an r2 Sentinel can do the entire thing as a piece of cake. So can Hulkbuster either way. I know Sentinel is built around the entire variant, but Hulkbuster had a lot of uses in V3 as well as soloing all the bosses
    Lol. I didn't focus on Varients, I've been focus from moving from Uncollected to Cavalier in the last few months.

Now you are giving a difficult time in deciding who should I rank up to R3 since both are good for V3. :(
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)
    Monke said:

Both of these champs are arguably Beyond God tier, and most of the class is meh outside of Warlock Guardian Ghost and G99 so I'm not sure what you mean by wait for a better
    Yes. Wait as in wait for G2099, Warlock, Ghost or Guardian.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,549 ★★★★★
    Sentinel (awaken)
    ẞlооd said:

DrZola said:

Dr. Zola

Plus armor breaks and unstoppable heavies in the right setting.
    Yep. I don’t have anything above 4* and he’s a staple on my 4* challenge Tech team.

He gets forgotten amid all the Ghost, G2099, Warlock, Guardian hoopla.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Sentinel (awaken)

@Defenestrated
    T5b glory store increase alone may be worth it. If you buy t5cc instead, it also may be. It is for me at least. That's actually all the glory I have, and I was waiting like 10 aq cycles until I finally formed t5cc for my sentinel to go to r3. If I only opened eq/sq t5cc crystals, it would've take two 3 moths to form another cat.
  • Options
    Hulkbuster (unawaken)
    Aleor said:

@Defenestrated
    T5b glory store increase alone may be worth it. If you buy t5cc instead, it also may be. It is for me at least. That's actually all the glory I have, and I was waiting like 10 aq cycles until I finally formed t5cc for my sentinel to go to r3. If I only opened eq/sq t5cc crystals, it would've take two 3 moths to form another cat.
    @Aleor sound like I should not hesitate to go for Thronebreaker?