**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Do you think Ronin needs a tune up

Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★
edited February 2021 in Suggestions and Requests
Personally for me I think Ronin needs a tune up on damage, his an amazing champ with utility but I think he needs a tune up on damage, his l1 disorient should have 40 seconds of duration or a permanent one unless purified because there's one of his stances that decreases defensive ability accuracy but its suppose to team up as well with the dissorient but the disorient just goes away to early before making any use of it. His fury is also a noodle it feels like the strong output damage comes mainly from bleeds but not his own passive fury he doesn't have the ability to even pause it. Over all his an amazing champs but he could be better?

Where do you guys stand with ronin

Do you think Ronin needs a tune up 67 votes

Needs a tune up
41%
MSRDLDDuo_KulioDarkrider05ShadowstrikeRaichu626Grootman1294LordSmasherJoBoB1982O_Deadpool_OKRANꓘHera1d_of_Ga1actusUmbertoDelRioTRONG94HCMmcocILLUSION8YsFJohnyBoyKen1378TheLegionMasterodishika123 28 votes
No tune up
53%
DrZolaMegaSkater67SaiyanNumanTerraSungjThereticCliffordcanMenkentThesurvivlistCyborgNinja135Texas_11ItsDamienQacobwingedWarrior2099N1nthcloudSarvanga1_Thicco_ModeEdeuinkCorkscrew 36 votes
Buff?
4%
Spurgeon14GoddessIliasGeralt_123 3 votes
Post edited by Kabam Porthos on

Comments

• Ghost12Ghost12 Posts: 604 ★★★

• KDSuperFlash10KDSuperFlash10 Posts: 5,869 ★★★★★
    As @Masterpuff would say, Ronin is a top 3 skill champ, and typically Beyond God Tier characters (other than the almighty OP Domino) don't need buffs, so therefore Ronin does not need a buff.
  • Notsavage19Notsavage19 Posts: 2,817 ★★★★★
  • Rouger4Rouger4 Posts: 633 ★★★
    No tune up
    @Masterpuff
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    No tune up
    Ronin really doesn’t need a tune up or buff of any kind. He has excellent utility and some very impressive damage between his SP3 fury and precision/cruelty passives. He’s an extremely good champion that’s useful in a lot of different situations, I’ve been taking thing bosses with him in war for quite a long time now, he can down a 3/45 6* no problem, I even managed to do it in the off season without boosting on one of them. His damage is absolutely fine as it is. If you want the longer version of why I think he’s already good enough take a look at this post from a few days ago:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/1672173#Comment_1672173
  • DefenestratedDefenestrated Posts: 304 ★★★
    Ronin is actually a very underrated champion. He punches up beyond his weight class. He’s also simple to use too, and takes very little time to ramp up. And he also has some utility to boot with his Guard Stance that purifies a debuff on you when entering the stance.

There’s more to him, but that requires quite a few paragraphs detailing his mechanic which is better suited for some other user on this forum.

Ronin does not need a tune up at all if you know how to play him well.
  • RiptideRiptide Posts: 3,067 ★★★★★
    Needs a tune up
    Not sure if @Masterpuff has been tagged yet...
  • MasterpuffMasterpuff Posts: 6,466 ★★★★★
    No tune up
    Hell no.
    Maybe a little more utility. But a numbers update? Noooooooooo.
    Heres my argument to all who said he does.
    https://youtu.be/ce0ouyBmrtQ

This is better damage than the vast majority of the class.

The only thing id say is if his demon stance was 80% or more aar that would be crazy good. That said, it has effortless 100% uptime so a bit op.

😡 Yall should be ashamed.

Is there opinion mate 🤷‍♂️
    I like Ronin and yes the fact he can shrug off debufs is nice but nick, Ægon and even Ghost can do that heck even falcon is better than him when it comes to ability reduction and damage especially when duped. I love ronin but he is amazing when it comes to intercepting he works wonders there for me but other than that his damage can be better. Thats my opinion he has utility but his damage is noodle especially when not running suicides.
    Now maybe is because he isn't rank 2 and damage maybe scales from that, but I still wouldn't rank my ronan because I'm already happy with rank 1. In my opinion amazing intercept champ but not amazing damage champ unless running suicides or you're doing do you bleed lane.
    Ghost12 said:

I like Ronin and yes the fact he can shrug off debufs is nice but nick, Ægon, Hit monkey and even Ghost can do that heck even falcon is better than him when it comes to ability reduction and damage especially when duped. I love ronin but he is amazing when it comes to intercepting he works wonders there for me but other than that his damage can be better. Thats my opinion he has utility but his damage is noodle especially when not running suicides.

• Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    No tune up
    Ronin actually tops a ton of charts in DPS. He is what Kabam balances off of
  • Texas_11Texas_11 Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    No tune up

If Angela can use a numbers update, then so can Ronin.

He doesn't 'need' it, but I'll never rank Ronin as he is. Another 'well balanced' champ in a field full of broken champs. It doesn't help that he has an abnormal playstyle with little relative payoff.

Kinda common among Jack of All Trades characters like him and Jubilee.

E: Highest I have is a 4*, so I'm not invested personally.

Angela and Ronin or different, ronin has a source of DOT and she doesn’t. Ronin just does more and she doesn’t.

Jubilee is an amazing champ and can give you damage , AAR, slow , combat power reduction , she is proficient in all of them.
    No tune up
    Ghost12 said:

😡 Yall should be ashamed.

Is there opinion mate 🤷‍♂️
    Not that opinion.

Hell no.

The only thing id say is if his demon stance was 80% or more aar that would be crazy good. That said, it has effortless 100% uptime so a bit op.

I watched the vid and this is the problem you're running suicides, I agree his amazing damage with suicides but no suicides the guy does barely damage. When you're not running suicides he does noodle damage you're better of even ranking up hit monkey over him who has 3 guarantee crits and does crit bleed I understand where you're coming from but to make him good you need to ruin suicides and then you need to run a synergy team there's also the fact he has to to be a rank 3. Again I'm not hating I'm just pointing out, not everyone will have the resources to rank 3 him and not everyone will run suicides
    No tune up
    Ghost12 said:

I like Ronin and yes the fact he can shrug off debufs is nice but nick, Ægon and even Ghost can do that heck even falcon is better than him when it comes to ability reduction and damage especially when duped. I love ronin but he is amazing when it comes to intercepting he works wonders there for me but other than that his damage can be better. Thats my opinion he has utility but his damage is noodle especially when not running suicides.

His damage is noodle? Are you trolling? Dis you even watch my video?!
    Ghost12 said:

Hell no.

I watched the vid and this is the problem you're running suicides, I agree his amazing damage with suicides but no suicides the guy does barely damage. When you're not running suicides he does noodle damage you're better of even ranking up hit monkey over him who has 3 guarantee crits and does crit bleed I understand where you're coming from but to make him good you need to ruin suicides and then you need to run a synergy team there's also the fact he has to to be a rank 3. Again I'm not hating I'm just pointing out, not everyone will have the resources to rank 3 him and not everyone will run suicides
    But one thing I like ronin is he takes skill to use but I just don't think there's not enough reward for intercept race l3 and then race l2 all while intercepting there's just not enough reward for it 🤷‍♂️

Ghost12 said:

His damage is noodle? Are you trolling? Dis you even watch my video?!
    I did bro you demonstrated with suicides show with no suicides then ill agree he doesn't need tune up
    No tune up
    Ghost12 said:

Now maybe is because he isn't rank 2 and damage maybe scales from that, but I still wouldn't rank my ronan because I'm already happy with rank 1. In my opinion amazing intercept champ but not amazing damage champ unless running suicides or you're doing do you bleed lane.

His bleeds are weakish and my r3 without suicides or synergies does 12k mediums..? Show me another skill champ that does those, please.
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    No tune up
    Ghost12 said:

Hell no.

I don’t run suicides and have a 5/65 of him. My mediums hit for 8-9k on a crit and lights 6-7. Keep in mind that he has bleed on top of that, hard hitting specials and near constant crits. His damage is well above average and not at all low by any means. He may not be CGR level when it comes to damage but it’s still quite high. Even when thing has protection active, Ronin has been able to land crits that are just under 16k, his wraith stance allows him to completely bypass the protection passive

Ghost12 said:

His bleeds are weakish and my r3 without suicides or synergies does 12k mediums..? Show me another skill champ that does those, please.
    You're forgetting Ægon and Falcon(I think not sure if he need suicides) can do that as well, but again ronin isn't just at the top 🤷‍♂️his not at falcon, his nowhere near to nick and his nowhere near to hit monkey. Like I said show me no suicides and ill agree, I love the champ especially against bleed immune and intercept lanes but thats as far as it goes

Ghost12 said:

Hell no.

I don’t run suicides and have a 5/65 of him. My mediums hit for 8-9k on a crit and lights 6-7. Keep in mind that he has bleed on top of that, hard hitting specials and near constant crits. His damage is well above average and not at all low by any means. He may not be CGR level when it comes to damage but it’s still quite high. Even when thing has protection active, Ronin has been able to land crits that are just under 16k, his wraith stance allows him to completely bypass the protection passive
    Hmm 🤔maybe ill rank 2 him part of me has being curios, but thats weird 9,000 on basics for my 6 star is just 5,000 or 3,000 on crits and didn't know wraith passes the protection shield node( appreciate that info)
    No tune up
    Ill record no suicides in an hour. Smh.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    No tune up
    Ghost12 said:

Ghost12 said:

You're forgetting Ægon and Falcon(I think not sure if he need suicides) can do that as well, but again ronin isn't just at the top 🤷‍♂️his not at falcon, his nowhere near to nick and his nowhere near to hit monkey. Like I said show me no suicides and ill agree, I love the champ especially against bleed immune and intercept lanes but thats as far as it goes
    :| Nobody said he's the best, but he's really good. You're acting like he needs to be better than Nick and Aegon.
    edited February 2021
    I already have CGR 6 star so I don't care about damage, damage isn't everything but when a champ can be turned to hit harder thats where I argue but I agree his utilty can be better. I miss the cavalier lane where if you placed a bleed and it expired that gave you a fury, my ronin was a beast in that lane lol